Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: The Long Road to Recovery
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: s0uMKjy.png]

Omicron Delta, a system entranced in a violent mix. It is full of violence, with each side fighting for their ideals of peace. This is what can merely be observed from the passerby, and possibly from the occasional News special on the hellfire that is believed to spread through this region, a place surviving off of nothing but instinct and Social Darwinism. To some, this system is where they live their lives... making a living, a living off their mission. While the Omicrons are indeed a wild region, full of colliding philosophies, but it is a place where today a change will be made, but yet, nobody will be around to witness. This is one of the redeeming qualities of a system known for its violence, it is still a seclusion away from any house, where things can be carried out, in top secrecy...

This is what a simple man known simply as Tantalus thinks as he brushes off his shoulder, a nervous habit he had picked up early in life from private school back at home. The man seemed to a common observer like a normal man out in the abnormal Omicrons: Fair black hair, shoulder length, with the pale skin of a native New Londoner, even though he towered at 188 centimetres to most, he seemed as well a fairly withdrawn man. However, this is a soldier, a soldier who had fought through hell and back to stay alive to this day, his uniform flashing the "Horus" logo on his left shoulder, and the Toledo patch on his right, a constant reminder for him of the only place he had ever truly thought as home.

It was evident, from the line of saluting officers, and the struggles this man only himself had been through, to arrive here today, and the next coming weeks were going to be another front for the Horus commander, he salutes the line of agents and waves his hand off calling the men to ease, and walks off towards a neighboring hangar bay, reserved specifically on Dabadoru for the commander of the Order sting force. While it was a privelege to indulge in, Tantalus never reveled in the privacy he received as a leader, sometimes yearning for the days, remembering his times as a patrol agent in Omicron Minor, with the simple task of running a patrol 25 klicks around Toledo's perimeter bi-daily... it seems now that a patrol like that would only lead to the same outcome that Toledo ended up facing.

Ever since Toledo had fallen, the Order had truly never been the same, it was like a house being plunged into an Economic recession... only this hit closer to the heart. While before the Order bastioned nearly an entire empire in the Central Omicrons, but now they struggled for ground daily, faced under a new burden of oppression every day from sides like the Core, the Outcasts, and especially the Nomads. Tantalus was relatively simple in his goal: Exterminate the Nomads... he made it a personal goal, to never pull the trigger on fellow man, but that all fell apart at the betrayal of Toledo...

The man shakes his head, pulling out of his thoughts and leans on the door of the hanger, waiting for his special guest to arrive at the hangar doors as he continues to dwell on the weeks ahead... alone in the remote Omegas, then turns his head quickly, hearing the hiss of a door roughly 30 meters down, and hearing the soft click of flats against the steel floor, and looks to the right hearing the sound. Tantalus relaxes slightly, breaking into a small smile.

"Good to see you managed to make it Rika, I hope you know what trouble your kids gotten into..."
[Image: jersmall.png~original]

"Amidst the blue skies, a link from past to future. The sheltering wings of the protector..."

Tantalus was much taller than her, very much. But the catch was very, very clear. She was tiny. Maybe a small 16 year old, but the weight that she carried could move mountains. Her usual customized uniform was replaced by a more traditional Order Uniform, though the pants were replaced by more formal shorts, as she made it possible. Her hair was tied back in a somewhat spiky bun, and her eyes shone brightly. Looking at Tantalus, she offered no salute. No, this wasn't a military venture, but she had to command some presence. On her breast shone the bars of a Veteran Agent, though a small bar signified it was mostly honorary...but that mattered not. What mattered, was her daughter.
"Hello, Tantalus. I'm assuming it's bad." For her size and all the rumors about this childlike genius, she was pure business now. "And from how fast I was summoned here, from Liberty no less, I can only assume that her heart is failing. So lead me to my daughter." Her voice slightly cracked. "...now."
Purged
[Image: space_station_landing_bay_by_klauspillon-d5g53vn.jpg]

Tantalus and Rika stand outside the hangar bay, the drum of common business of unloading supplies echoing around them, yet oddly quiet in their own little word... Tantalus tilts his head, soon reaching around to scratch the back of it in thought, stretching in a luxury for the Horus Commander: loose fitting clothes. Going off the radar for a while was something Tantalus was familiar too, but would be much different now with Rika here, an officer of the Overwatch. Going out here would be like walking on a minefield, with both a veteran Order agent and their child. But, all that matters is to get through it, and repay Rika her favor from years ago.

"Her heart is more than the core of the problem. She was found in Omicron Major nearly collapsing in her cockpit, me and the captain of another vessel picked her up and put her into medical, shes in the bay next to us. The only thing is... the captain of the ship who assisted me, and will also be with us on this trip..."

Tantalus sighs and rubs the back of his head, knowing someone as smart as Rika would ask, and someone like Rika would flip at it.
[Image: jersmall.png~original]

"The flames of hatred scorch the skies... Igniting Gaia's funeral pyre."

Rika didn't look at the Horus Commander for a few seconds. Her mind wandered a bit...she absolutely hated this, she hated her daughter in pain. Taking a breath, nice and easy, she looked back.
"Major. Why..." She scowled. "Who is this other captain, and why did you not venture their name right off? Tantalus, this is my daughter. I helped create Thebes. Do not think I won't ask. Just tell me up front, because while I may not be Overwatch, my brother is. And you do not want to anger him." She clenched her fists, her motherly instincts...not exactly helping her position.
"...Emi..." She said softly. It was clear that Rika Hunter was a bundle of pure emotion on a rollercoaster ride.
Purged