Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Rise of the Noble King
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sometime in 819 A.S...

"Let's finish this up. Name and occupation" grunted the recruitment officer.
The recruit smirked. "Well it's the Edge Worlds... I guess you could just call me a Freelancer currently. I've mostly worked with the Zoners, but I wouldn't associate myself with the Zoner occupation".
The recruitment officer rolled his eyes. "And your name?" he emphasised.
"My mistake. I'm Erik. Erik Nodtviet".

The recruitment officer chuckled. "Aaaah, you're a Rheinlander are you? I hail from Liberty. You know, right now we're beating the crap out of you in the war".
"Right..." Erik responded awkwardly.
"Hopefully Liberty will just move in and take all of Rheinland for themselves. Those krauts need a taste of Libertonian freedom I think". The recruitment officer scribbled Erik's details down. "Alright then, if you walk past me and then proceed through the door on your left you'll arrive at the Initiate hall B-7. The doors themselves will have 'B-7' painted on. I expect you not to miss it. Seriously, I've marked you for going to that specific one. Capetown station has a lot of other Initiate Halls, so don't end up going to the wrong one".
"Understood" Erik nodded in agreement.
"Once you've done basic training they'll make you say the Oath. You'll have time to learn it. Recite it like you mean it. Then you'll move onto flight and combat training. Maybe if you do well enough you'll get promoted to Guardian early. You've had experience in the Rheinland Military? Don't go thinking our training is anything like that. Out here, only the strong survive. If you adhere to that, then you'll do nicely in the Bounty Hunters Guild Core.
Several months later...

"Rise, Guardian Nodtviet. Gloria Aeterna!" announced the Core Paladin as he placed the laurel wreath on top of Erik's head.

As the Paladin stepped back, Erik followed his command and rose. He turned his feet, slightly pulling on the red carpet that was strewn across the stage. As he averted his body 180 degrees, he was met by the audience of Core pilots applauding and cheering before him. He proudly puffed up his chest, before performing a Roman salute to the crowd. Once he had finished he exited the stage, and for the next successful Initiate to be inducted.

Moments later Erik was resting in the lobby, watching as each Core pilot left the recruitment hall to resume their duties. He undid the top button of his blue pilot’s uniform, before kicking off his black boots. The discomfort of the boots was not welcome, and Erik rejoiced in the fact that he opted to not sign up as a Marine; for if he was, he'd be subjected to lots of walking. Unfortunately, as he did this the Paladin from earlier appeared through the hall exit.
"GUARDIAN NODTVIET" he yelled mightily. His imposing voice resonated through the metallic walls of Capetown station, but such a stature was fitting of a Paladin.
Erik sprung up, dazed. "Y-Yes sir!?" he responded, rapidly putting his boots back on whilst leaving his uniform button undone. He quickly turned to face the Paladin. The Paladin himself was a gruff looking fellow, outfitted with scars across his face and a cybernetic single eye augmentation. His aging white skin pulled on the features of his face; however this was not enough to cause his proud silver moustache to droop. "What do you call this? Why are lazing around in the lobby? Your induction to the BHG Core does not grant you rights to relax! We're still suffering from Toledo, you should be standing by and ready for duty!"
"S-Sorry Paladin Barnett. It won't happen again" Erik sighed.
"Hmpf. You better consider wising up in the near future. I have a special message for you"
"Oh?" Erik's curiosity was piqued.

Barnett reached into his pocket and pulled out a datapad. He brushed his fingers across the LCD screen, carefully navigating towards the message. "Let's see..." he said as the blue screen illuminated his face "Ah, here it is. Read it yourself" Barnett then handed Erik the datapad.

As Erik held the datapad in his hands, he began to read:
Quote:Paladin Barnett,

Once again, you have feasted my eyes upon another entertaining Guardian initiation! Excellent work! However one specific Guardian caught my eye and I would like to see him personally. If I recall correctly, his name is Erik Nodtviet. Please send him to my office on Durban Station immediately.

Signed,
Guildkeeper Lucia Nielsen

"The Guildkeeper wants to see me?" Erik asked nervously.
"Are you unable to read lad?" the Paladin responded bluntly.
"But what could it possibly be for?"
"The hell if I know" Barnett shrugged.
Erik began to walk away "Well then, looks like I'll just have to find out myself. I'll leave and take the shuttle to Durban. I'll see you around, Sir" he said as he slowly approached the end of the hallway.
"Careful Nodtviet. The Guildkeeper is as cunning as she is beautiful. Be cautious" warned Barnett.

Nodtviet turned around and made eye contact with Barnett, nodded in acknowledgement, before proceeding to exit through the door at the end of the hallway.