Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Admiral Sir George Richard Hall | Private Comm
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: pZsJexR.gif]
Good evening, Admiral.

I am informing you that i will take a two days leave of absence, to recuperate several personal ships that i have left in cold storage, for the past two years. My personal B-1290 Templar was shot down again in Dublin, and the repair crew back at Essex place at least a week's worth of work to get it back to flying conditions. Although i do consider the B-1290 a worthy piece of tech, i find myself in need of something.. natural and fitting to me.

With regards,

Lieutenant K.Reidman
Hall responds formally and with distance, as usually, but as if nothing happened only a couple of days ago.

- Message Class: Textual -

-= Medium Encryption =-

Priority: Medium
To: Lieutenant Katherine Reidman

Lieutenant,

I request information about the ships: their class, producers, whereabouts and any possible equipment produced by hostile parties, or stored contraband.

Yours sincerely,.....................................................
Admiral Sir George R. Hall

- Open for Replies -
Good day, Admiral.

Here is the list of the vessels and technology within:
  • Vessel: Colonial Issue SS-0 'Nyx'
    Class: Very Heavy Fighter
    Technology: Bretonian BPE-02 Engines | External hull materials were replaced by a titanium alloy | Varied CODE Weaponry.
    ---
  • Vessel: 5 Colonial Issue SS-1 'Nyx'
    Class: Very Heavy Fighter
    Technology: Several different Engines | CODE Weaponry | Red Hessian Natter Zwei | Hellflurry Mk III
    ---

As it is, the last five vessels were made in the Colonial shipyards of T-44. They have no tracking numbers or devices, since they were made out of the normal production line. Such was possible due to my position at the time within the Colonial Forces. The SS-0 one was one of the first Nyxes out of production, still with several parts made by the IMG, yet due to the need to field them, security tracking was non-essential. The titanium alloy was later applied when i was part of the Reaver Mercenary Company. Bretonian engines applied in 820 A.S. It is my very first fighter that i received while in service of the Colonial Forces.

All the Nyxes were used in several combat operations (Gallia, Taus, Kusari, Rheinland, Omicrons, and Omegas) with the SS-0 serving as specialized scouting vessel to the Liberty Navy in Rheinland most secure systems in one occasion.

No contraband whatsoever.

With regards,

Lieutenant K.Reidman

-= Medium Encryption =-

Lieutenant,

The coincidence is amazing. Your request will be approved in case that my plans come true. I will explain later, as at this point it is somewhat confidential.

- Open for Replies -
*Raises an eyebrow*

There are no coincidences, Admiral.
After all, shooting people is not all i am good at.

With regards,

Lieutenant K.Reidman

-= Medium Encryption =-

Lieutenant,

I am not sure if I am glad or not. Whatever the case, it is in your interest that my plan is realized.

- Open for Replies -
Admiral,

I am not here to help you further your personal agenda, or to grant you more power. I am here to fight, and die if need be, for my House, my people and my Queen. No matter the tools. No matter what is on my path.

I suggest you do the same, with the Queen's best interest in mind, since i do know who you truly are.
No limpet, but a vampire.

Do the right thing, Sir Hall.

Or i will rip the land beneath your feet.
And bury you in it.

Truly yours,
Lieutenant K.Reidman
Such behaviour towards a commanding officer is generally not tolerated in the Armed Forces. It is the main reason for which Hall advocates for the use of electrical whips, which have the advantage over the conventional ones (which aren't in use either) in causing the same pain, but spilling no blood which someone would always have to clean up, and they usually wouldn't do it well.
But Hall also relies on his distanced attitude towards his soldiers and colleagues. He lays confidence in providing no information about his personality. He made a mistake with Reidman. He gave her tools to dig through his cloak of darkness and uncover what deeper darkness truly lies beneath, probably illegal as well. What if she finds out that he is still hiding a derelict Nomad artifact from the Kappa mission? Why is he hiding it? Is he trying to sell it on the black market? Maybe there is something even more sinister, even otherworldly, to it?
No, he couldn't afford giving her a reason to investigate him. Keeping her far from him was one of the reasons why she was assigned to the Suffolk fleet, although not the main one.

-= Medium Encryption =-

Lieutenant,

You may pick up your ships. You have precisely 47 hours, counting from now. You will have to dismount the Natter Zweis and the Hellfuries, but the rest of the equipment is legal.
And lieutenant. I, or any of your commanding officers, will not tolerate such behaviour further. You are lucky that we do not punish our pilots physically. However, due to your lack of discipline, you are ordered to tidy the fleet admiral's office aboard the Suffolk. Make sure to align the documents on her table carefully. She despises mess. You will use my order to allow you entrance. The fleet admiral has been notified (*while she was somewhere else, very busy with other things*). This, as well, is to be done within the same 47 hours. I will not allow the Armed Forces to be spoiled by indiscipline.
Carina, Regina, Imperatrix.

- Open for Replies -
*She eyes the camera for some good five seconds*

As you wish.. Sir.

Lieutenant K.Reidman