Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Discovery 4.80 features, bugs & suggestions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
A sugestion. It is nearly impossible to compare (without doing long boring OS Player tests to determin which ships have the bigest power suplies. Therefore would it be possible to add to either the infocards or the readme a powersuply rating either:

1) out of 100 where titan is at 100 and the 1 is the ship you start with

or

2) out of 10 but with in each class, so the powersuplies for the VHF are judged together etc

BUG: the info card for the BMM ID at waterloo is messed up eg"<FONT><TEXT>...)
Request: improve ship flight through asteroid fields.

For example, the Albatross should be easier to fly because its a combo of cruise and gunboat. (more on this down)

There are some ships that are very big and are also located in systems that have asteroid fields you must pass through.
This makes it quite difficult to navigate arround with them.
(Unless there are intentions behind it... of course.)

Perhaps we could make some use of the trade lane tech when cruise speed hits some mark. You'd get 70% use of it and help pass through the asteroids - just like cruisers should - no matter how big or what configuration the ship has.

(I talked some part of this in game with a guy named Max, thanks.)
upgradable energy power packs
SInce we have the Hugnot (spelling?) could we get the Interceptor from Homeworld 2 (or is it already there under a name i dont know) or perhaps a stylised version of it (im working on one but lets just say that its not particularly brilliantly modeled considering it my first model).
I've been playing with a CSV, it has a little bug:

The CSV comes with a class 4 graviton HF shield, if you unmount it, it can't be put back. The slot accepts only LF shields.
Turrets 2, 3, 5, 6, 8, 13, 14 on the outcast destroyer are mounted within the ship itself. All you can see of the turrets is the bottom, the rest appears to be inside the ship.

edit: Found that theres another 4 turrets mounted the wrong way, didn't see it before due the the mortars sitting on those mounts.
Mephis (new order fighter)
and, i woulda thought it would be called Nephthys
(as the original forum post majority voted)
is good...
and to think... i sugest its name all that time ago...
Oh, really. I thought it was Mephthys. Sorry, I'll change that.
ah yes, and on the order faction discription, its still described as a terrorist organiseation with no clear motives

that needs to be changed to something a tad more anti-nomad'ish
No, I won't change description. It's still a terrorist organization with no clear motives. Officially.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13