Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Orbital Spa & Cruise Board of Directors -|- Subject: Dealings with BFL
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: RFPHeader1.png]

[Image: Laura_Clausewitz.jpg]

PRIORITY: High
ENCRYPTION: High
IDENTIFICATION: Inspekteur Laura Clausewitz
SOURCE: Nibelung Polizei Plaza, Planet New Berlin
SUBJECT: Dealings with BFL

Guten Tag, Sehr geehrter representative of Orbital Spa & Cruise. My name is Laura Clausewitz and I´m Inspekteur der Polizei of the Rheinland Federal Polizei.

I want to ask you regarding your dealings with organization known as the Bund Freiheitlicher Landwirte, in short BFL. Federal polizei and other law enforcement forces were strangely approached by representative of this organization, Frau Sonja Narcano, to talk about possibility of neutral stand between them and us, despite their clearly expressed intention to commit acts of piracy against traders with specific types of cargo, and also to use cruiser class ship without proper permission. What is also important, this organization is affiliated to criminal organization known as Landwirtrechtbewegung - LWB in short - which should be known to you as they operate mainly in Stuttgart system. The discussion was quite short as I told Frau Narcano that until BFL will obey the laws, they will be treated like criminals. And Frau Narcano stated they will obey, at least not all of them.

But why am I asking you about your dealings with BFL. Frau Narcano said she is in contact with someone from OSC named Pines regarding possible business contract for the OSC. I want to know if this is true and if it is, what is this contract about, if there are any other contracts with this organization and mainly - if you are aware with whom you do business. BLF representative clearly declared intention to continue violating laws and commit piracy, and on top of that, is affiliated with LWB which is considered enemy of Rheinland for repeated acts of piracy and terror by laws.

Thus any cooperation with them may be considered as violation of paragraph three of Article Six which says that providing any help to any member of organizations considered as enemies of Rheinland is punishable by fine up to 50 million credits, imprisonment or death sentence according to circumstances and severity of the crime. I would also like to remind you examples of Omicron Supply Industries or Interspace Commerce which were or even still are completely banished from our space after cooperation with enemies of Rheinland was revealed.

I await your reply.

[Image: RFPFooter1.png]
END OF THE MESSAGE

-- Incoming Signal --
-- Video feed --
* ID: Chairman Henry Pines

Signal coding complete
Message Beginning:

Good day Inspector Clausewitz,

To answer your questions, yes we have had contact with the group calling themselves the Bund Freiheitlicher Landwirte and no we have no contracts or other such business with their group. However your acqusitory tone and threats of expulsion are not appreciated.

OS&C have operated within Rheinland for many years, happily cooperating with all its lawful entities whilst bringing a sizable boost to the tourism industry among others, we have also suffered greatly at the hands of the LWB, or have the killings and bloodshed that mired our resorts on Baden Baden simply slipped your mind?
Now you infer that we, who have lost so many staff at the hands of that insidious group, are actively funding their efforts? The sheer audacity is insulting.

If the Federal Polizei would care to know the full details, I would suggest the Inspector adopt a more respectful tone and a great deal more tact.

Message Ended
-- Video feed terminated --
-- Secondary data log saved --

SUBJECT: Re: Dealings with BFL

Guten Tag, Sehr geehrter chairman Pines.

It seems there was some misunderstanding. First, when there is investigation about something, we simply ask for information. It is our job, simple as that.

Second, I never said you are actively funding LWB. The talk was about BFL and the reason why I quoted laws related to LWB and reminded the cases of OSI and IC was simply to warn you to stay away from them. I don´t know what exactly BFL representative told you, but during talk with me, they tried to claim they have almost nothing in common with LWB, they don´t use violent methods and implied they cut themselves off the LWB, thus they want to be legal organization representing some Stuttgart land owners with intention to trade their products.

My intention was only to prevent you from believing this misleading claims and thus to prevent you would in good faith unknowingly cooperate with organization affiliated with LWB what -may- have serious consequencies. I think that´s both of us don´t want to see happen. After all, I was always very satisfied with services of OSC during my holiday stays on Baden Baden.

If you look at my last message again, you will find out I said that "IF you cooperate with them, there MAY be consequencies". If you don´t, then there is nothing you should be worried about.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Inspekteur Clausewitz

END OF THE MESSAGE

-- Incoming Signal --
-- Video feed --

Signal coding complete
Message Beginning:

I certainly hope this was a misunderstanding and apologise for my harsh words, the mere mention of the LWB brings back many unpleasant memories, something we unfortunately have in common I dare say.

To elaborate: OSC did receive a message from Miss Narcano a short while ago introducing her group as the BFL, an offshoot of the notorious LWB, who sought more peaceful methods to attain their goals. To say that I was skeptical would be an understatement and fully expected to be issued with a random demand or worse, however Miss Narcano was sincere in her approach, repeatedly assuring that the BFL were merely farmers looking to sell high quality produce, going so far as to issue a promise that no OS&C vessel or member of staff would be considered hostile.
I accepted the promise, if only to protect Baden Baden from any further attacks.

After further discussion Miss Narcano offered a trade deal to sell the BFL produce to supply OS&C bases, somewhat thrown by the bluntness of the offer, I again reminded her of the LWB's past and how staff would be less than willing to trust any group no matter how distantly related. Once more Miss Narcano assured me that BFL was completely cut off from the aforementioned group, sharing only their goal to regain Stuttgart's farming heritage from SynthFoods.
At this point I began to see the BFL as an opportunity, an opportunity to show that peaceful methods can be succesful and possibly lift the threat of bloodshed from Baden Baden for good. I discussed the trade offer in greater detail, stipulating that in order for any deal to take place BFL must gain approval by the Rheinland authorities as OSC holds its reputation with the House of Rheinland in the highest regard and follows its laws to the letter.

Throughout these talks Miss Narcano had never made mention of any plans to commit piracy or act in any aggressive manner. I was still dubious but allowed the use of my name as a reference in the hopes that a definite source of legal income may sway others away from the LWB's cause. It was a gamble I admit, but the prospect of removing the LWB was far greater than the risks and my faith that the thoroughness of the Polizei would discover any wrongdoing, evidently a faith well placed.

I was disheatened to hear the rejection of BFL's request which also ended our negotiations, an expected yet unfortunate outcome and I am further disappointed to learn of their intended piracy, though again not an unexpected development, as the old addage tells us the apple never falls far from the tree. Such a shame.

If you would like a transcript of the talks between Miss Narcano and myself I can make them available to the Polizei immediately if it would help your investigation.

Message Ended

Guten Tag again, Sehr geehrter chairman Pines.

I am glad we cleared up this little misunderstanding. I hope now you know everything needed to adjust your attitude towards BFL properly.

The transcript you mentioned will be helpful, danke in advance for it.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Inspekteur Clausewitz

END OF THE MESSAGE

-- Incoming Signal --
-- Video feed --

Signal coding complete
Message Beginning:

We have indeed, all contact with the BFL has been severed until such a time as the group is recognised under Rhienland law. I hope the transcript aids you in your investigations.

Yours,
Henry Pines

Communication Log: Inbound - Transmission Ident: BFL

Message Ended

Guten Tag, Sehr geehrter chairman Pines.

Danke for your cooperation, you can consider this matter as closed.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Inspekteur Clausewitz

END OF THE MESSAGE