Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Zoners, Corsairs, the Order
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
###incoming transmission###
###source: Paladin's Wake###
###subject: The Omicron Situation###

Fellow denizens of the Omicrons. My name is Diana Starr, I'm the captain of the Conference-class gunship "Paladin's Wake".
I'm not a representative of the Confederation of Freeports, nor any other organized group.
Rather, I'm a simple scavenger. The word has a negative connotation with many, but that's not something I've ever really concerned myself with.
Being able to make a living from salvaging equipment we find, hunting aliens and selling their organs, or simply trading information for money has always been a way of life in the far Omicrons.

But the situation is different now. There is a group opposed to our way of life, opposed to everyone else's way of life in the Omicrons. A military corporation intent on subjugating the Omicrons to their will, to their "laws". I'm sure I needn't spell this out for you.

For my fellow Zoners in particular: The Core are the antithesis of everything we stand for. Their autocratic authority is the exact thing we sought to get away from with our choice to live outside the houses.
They try to claim us as subordinates, as subjects to their authority, the exact opposite of how we chose to live. They shoot us if we do not bend to their will, and mockingly resupply at our Freeports after.
How long are we going to tolerate this? They wish to bring the authoritarian nature of the houses to our Edge World homes, with even less accountability.

I am tired of this situation. I don't want to be forced to run to our Freeport, which they buy supplies from, to avoid destruction after defending one of our ships.
They claim we are the aggressors when we defend our ships, when they accuse us of breaking their laws.

I, for one, do not recognize their authority.
I do not recognize their laws. If I wanted to subject myself to a martial authority, I would not be a Zoner.
They think of us as sheep, and pacifists. With no disrespect to those of us that chose such a path, I am not a pacifist.

I believe there is a need to counteract this trend. The Core are a common enemy to all of us, if we are Hispanics, Order, or Zoners - though they pretend not to be.

This isn't an isolated occurrence.

To all Zoners, I wish to collect more information on the Core attacking us. I know there have been countless incidents of this. And I suggest to you, if you travel to the eastern Omicrons: Arm yourselves. Prepare your ship for combat. And be ready to engage the Core at any time.

To the Order and the Corsairs, I bid you increase your presence in the far Omicrons, especially Delta. Our Freeports are open to you. We require more pilots, more ships, and more firepower to counter the Core menace.

The Core have no allies. They have managed to antagonize everyone around them; the pilots that have left them tell horror stories of their disposition. It is time for them to pay the price.

I am appealing to all of you to complete the following:

1.) Finally remove docking rights for Core ships on Freeports
2.) Take an aggressive stance and fight back against the Core
3.) Drive the Core from the Omicrons

While the Omicrons were never peaceful, things were different before. There was a certain balance before, between everyone that lived there. Help us re-establish this balance.

###end transmission###
...Starting transmission...
ID: Giuseppe Busso
SHIP: COLONIA

I felt on my skin the brutality of the Core..
They are like a pack of Wolfes, quiet and harmless when alone, but brutal and brave when in group, trying to enforce their's "law" and attacing without question, near or far from FP 11...
Last case is when they were asked polite to leave FP 11 area, then all i saw is their's "roll eyes" and they opened fire without question..
My crew wasnt ready because we where 300m from FP, and scared to return fire, because we could harm our Zoner's..
Things will change soon when I arm my ship with proper weapons and armor, and Core will be defeated...
....end transmission....
a
[img float=left]http://i.imgur.com/pDNXALO.jpg?1[/img]
Sender ID: Jane Shepard
Signal strength: Strong
Signal origin: -{REDACTED}-
Subject: RE: To: Zoners, Corsairs, the Order

Opening message....

Hello there Captain,

While i agree with you that the Core indeed pose a danger to most of the Omicron residents these days, i do not think engaging in combat with them is the solution. It basically violates the very essence of being a Zoner. The docking rights, that however seems like a good start. They threaten us, destroy our ships, but yet are still able to land on our stations. I agree with you that we should eliminate their docking rights, but i do not agree with engaging in combat with them, unless provoked or engaged.

Kind regards,

Jane Shepard

Attachments:

None

[Incoming Transmission]

Sender: Order, Gunship Lambda, Captain Alex
Subect: The Omicron Situation
Priority: High

Greetings,
my name is Alex, I'm the captain of an Order Gunship called Lambda.
I have fought countless times against the Core, their brutal method was always a big concern for me.
I think we all can agree on their superiority in almost all situations.
This situation will not change because they are working together, that is something most of us can't do.

If we want to change anything we have to work together, you can count me in on any bigger operations against the Order since I can just give fire support against smaller ships.

Alex, out.

[Connection Terminated]

....start transmission...
ID: Giuseppe Busso
SHIP: COLONIA

Captain, with all respect, how to be cold when we are attacked near or in FP 11... how to be Zoner when they FORCE their LAW... I dont like them...
....end transmission...
Sender: Sonya "Friendly" Hunt
Recipients: CoF, Zoners, Allies/Friends/Supporters of Zoners
Restricted: Core

[Image: young-woman-smoking-with-black-background.jpg]

Topic: Attacks on Zoners at Freeport 11 & Violations of CoF Laws

For easier referencing, I posted my report on another attack of the Core| against Zoners directly at Freeport 11 - resulting in 2 Zoner ships and 1 Core vessel destroyed - in this report to the CoF.

We need to do something!
We are losing the freedom that we have found here at the hand of the Core oppressors.
Life was better under House laws than under Core!
We need to stand up!

~ Sonya "Friendly" Hunt
[Image: 98SPFKe.png]

Incoming Transmission

Comm ID:____________ Unknown
Organization:______ The Gonzalez Familia

Source:_____________ Omicron Gamma, Skiros Station

Signal Strength:___ High

Subject:____________ The Omicron Situation

Loading Message

2, May, 738 A.G.S.

Hola Senora Diana Starr

At this point, I do not want to tell my name. I can say that I am a member of a ‘Corsair’ family. Our organization has been very silent after the ‘Yaren Base’ were occupied. Our organization will resume very soon, maybe. I was really shocked after receiving your message. It is really a surprise and a shame that they were being used on your station, and now they are attacking you. At present, the ‘Yaren Base’ is not in our control. It is now under the direct control of ‘The Core’. Now we do not have any stations in the ‘Omicron Delta’ that will attack them constantly. It's a little risky, but nothing is impossible. I just heard from my amigos that core vessels attacked ‘Zoners’ even your station. They are very rude and do not respect anyone. Better to stop them from entering the ‘Freeport Stations’ , I think it would be good. And it would be wise not to attack them, I hope. I will try to send ships from our organization if possible. Until then be safe and try to stay away from danger.

Message Ended

Transmission Closing

Setting up Transmission
Communications ID: Greenpeace
Subject: Core

Hi Diana, good words on how the Core is behaving towards us. They represent everything we oppose because of reasons you mentioned. Their arrogance and overestimating of their capabilities will be their downfall. We tolerated them more than enough, and their recent actions have proven they must be removed from the Omicrons, by any means necessary. I'm afraid you weren't the only one to experience their hostilities in the recent past. Here's a summary of my encounter.

I arrived at Freeport 11 yesterday after getting emergency calls from fellow Zoners about a fight inside the No Fire Zone. By the time I got there however, everything was silent. Multiple Core capital vessels were sitting on top of the Freeport as I saw a massive graveyard of various ships behind them . Unfortunately, I recognized that most of them were debris of Zoner ships. I immediately started inquiring people about what happened. The Core were silent, obviously, knowing what happened but refusing to talk about it, but there was a Chrysanthemum pilot nearby who I bribed to talk.

She confirmed that the Core vessels shot multiple Zoner ships, most of which were capital vessels, in front of the Freeport, inside the No Fire Zone. And from what I heard they did it because of "cigarettes"? If that really is true, I'll make sure to murder every single Core ship I get my hands on. To think that a human could have no morals at all in a way that he's ready to kill hundreds of people because of such an irrelevant object.

As I was talking to the GC pilot, one of them demanded Nomad remains from my cargo, at the Freeport. I told him he's in no position to make that demand, but he kept insisting. One of them threatened me and dared me to say that again, and after I did, a Core| Bullhead opened fire on me. His aim was as horrible as it can get, so I just ran away unscratched, being in no position to fight back against so many of them in my small bomber. I decided to leave back to Sparta and report this to everyone else.

That wasn't the end though. As I was approaching the Omicron 74 jumphole I got intercepted by a Core| fighter who immediately opened fire on me. I was forced to defend myself, and we started fighting. Soon after another Core snub came to assist him, without saying anything just like his friend. I expected the fight to be challenging, but it was far from it. Such incompetent pilots came as a surprise to me, as the Core always liked to boast about their "skills". If I had to make a wild guess they probably made that up and are a bunch of wild incompetent savages who use their numbers as an advantage, nothing else. Eventually I killed them both and returned to Omicron 74 where I resupplied.

I hope this will be dealt with in terms of an open war. The peaceful days are behind us, fellow Zoners. It's time to arm yourselves and head for Omicron Delta, and murder any Core ship you find without mercy.

Attachments:

Sending Transmission
Closing Comms Channel

***Incoming transmission***
**Logs Recieved**

[Image: 30uzcqp.jpg]

***SCREAMS***

Let us not forget who our true enemies are! The Nomads will come again, They are coming, They are among us...

The Freeport and its Zoner occupants will have the protection of my Vessel as needed.

*Static*

***Transmission Lost***