Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Hisakawa Applied Military Sciences Institute - HAMSI
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hisakawa Applied Military Sciences Institute - HAMSI
久川 武学部
Founded 822A.S.

[Image: ITfvvAn.png]

The Hisakawa Institute was created by the Republic of Kusari Ministry of Defense to renew the House military research capabilities, which had suffered several years of neglect due to the conditions imposed by Gallia on the new regime, and the extinction of several older bureaus of the Imperial era after the removal of old loyalist investigators.
The HAMSI was designated the supervising institution of several Military laboratories and testing sites, as well as some joint venture projects with the private security and aeronautics sectors of Kusari, namely with Kishiro and Samura.

Known Fields of Investigation:

[*]Aerospace, Robotics and Materials Research
[*]Xenobiology, Chemical Biological Nuclear (CBN) Defence
[*]Electronics, Information and AI Systems
[*]Weapon and Target Acquisition Systems

HAMSI archives:

Research Staff Records

Research Articles
HAMSI Call for Papers - First Edition

Communication records:
Hiring Flora

Hisakawa Contracts:
May 823 - Facility renovation contracts

(//People who wish to participate or perform new interactions with the Hisakawa Insitute, please contact for details.)

To: HAMSI President, Katashi Hisakawa
Subject: 823A.S. initial report, internal memo

[Image: OAI87Dq.jpg]
Arata Riken, Director

Dear President, I congratulate you on the beginning of our institute second fiscal year.
The developing situation in the border regions, the Ministry of Defence crisis with the defection of the Kempeitai, and the news of ongoing military tensions in the Edge worlds has made our budge case to the Ministry all more convincing.

Our Institute has been granted the use and management of several of the old research centres of the military and Kempeitai, and the appropriate funds to get them to top condition and start operations.
I shall provide now an outlook of the facilities:

Aerospace, Robotics and Materials Research Department -
Located on Planet Honshu, it is our original laboratory, and is scheduled to have it's robotics ward completely renovated during this first quarter.

Xenobiology, Chemical Biological Nuclear (CBN) Defence Department-
One of the most secure installations managed by the KNF and former Kempeitai, the Kansai laboratory is expected to resume operations once we repair the damages caused by some previous... operational mishaps.

Electronics, Information and AI Systems -
The MoD has finalized the arrangements for the purchase of old but large Samura development complex in New Tokyo, which was scheduled for deconstruction and a new luxury hotel and spa. Quite some work on this one infrastructure, but our Chief Scientist is eager to start work even in prefabricated housing, he said.

Weapon and Target Acquisition Systems -
KNF old research and testing grounds in Planet Kyushu are under increased surveillance due to security concerns in the system. Collaboration with the Naval Forces is essential for the testing of new prototypes field testing, in land and in space.

The past week's meeting of directors has approved the issuing of a general renovation project for our installations, and the public contract is expected to be issued today on the Neural Network. Meanwhile, our section chiefs are finishing their project summaries for presentation. We expect to hear from them soon.

Rest assured, President Hisakawa, that I and the other directors will do our best to fulfil the goals set on our Institute, and to raise the prestige of our name throughout the scientific community.

With cordial regards,
Arata Riken, Director

To: HAMSI President, Katashi Hisakawa
Subject: Facilities Renovation Project, update report

Arata Riken, Director

Esteemed President Hisakawa,

Today we have received a good sign of progress, as our Request for supplies for our Laboratory renovation efforts has been completed by the corporate entities. The operation went smoothly, and the expenses were within our estimated values.

The small delay on getting it done shouldn't affect our time tables with severity, and we expect to have the laboratories working at full capacity by the end of June. Once we reach that level, the Hisakawa Institute will be one of the most competent research institutes in all of the Houses.

Communications with Samura and Kishiro regarding joint efforts are ongoing, with positive reactions for the moment. The board of directors is also exploring other potential contacts for partnerships outside of Kusari too.

Soon our scientists will unveil their first projects for the current fiscal year, and we already have a good list that should keep us busy for the coming months. There is always improvements and breakthroughs to be made when we are talking about science of this scale. Expect interesting news the coming weeks.

With cordial regards,
Arata Riken, Director

[img float=left]http://i.imgur.com/LUpeI7C.jpg?2[/img]ID: "Flora"
File Type: Video Comm
Subject: Arrival
Encryption: High

Good day.

I'd like to inform you of my succesful arrival at Kansai. The travel was smooth and there were no issues with the docking control.
In addition to that, I've deposited a small amount of Azurite Gas I harvested during my stay in Omicron Delta. It's not much, but I belive it can help kickstart whatever relevant research the Institute may be planning.

I'll remain on the station and await further instructions.

Have a nice day.

Azurite delivered.

Message end.

To: HAMSI Researcher, Flora
Subject: Arrival at HAMSI

Arata Riken, Director

Konbanwa, Miss Flora

Let me once again welcome you to our research institute, and to the many opportunities it will provide for your career future. I hope you have found the accommodations to your liking and our facilities intuitive to your researcher methods.

Your samples of Azurite Gas are most helpful for the research into new materials, and if I may say so, arrive at the perfect time. Already we have started comparing it to some cases we have received recently, and the matches are striking. We expect to open up a case study on the Azurite Gas soon enough.

As for any current assignments directed to you, I ask you to take your time to get acquainted with the rest of the Xenobiology team, as well as other key researchers of the Hisakawa Institute, and to catch up on what projects are being developed on your field of action. You will be notified of any updates related to the department.

With cordial regards,
Arata Riken, Director