Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Detroit Munitions | From: A civilian
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

:::[INCOMING TRANSMISSION]:::
:::[ESTABLISHING VIDEO FEED]:::
:::[VIDEO FEED: LIVE]:::

ID: Ezrael Vertiga
Subject: Interior defense turrets
ENCRYPTION: I delivered the message directly to your bases.

[Image: apm01_by_rhulaner-da1zcaj.png]

Good day.

My name is Ezrael Vertiga, Captain of this Corvo Deep Space Research Vessel. For my near future project, I need about 37 interior defense turrets for a Bustard-class sized ship. Those turrets are only for defense purposes, therefore they should only stun potentially enemies that try to board the ship, just making them unconscious. Erh, since robot mercs are a thing, those turrets should have an alternative fire mode to make sure they can also deal with bots. You know, EMP or something. I guess you have a wide variaty of weapons that fit my preferences.

Please send me an offer and the cost estimate. If you need some ressources delivered to your station in order to construct what I need, I'm sure we can organize something.

-E. Vertiga
Civilian Corvo Captain

:::[CLOSING TRANSMISSION]:::

Message from: Gerald Magno, Sales Representative, Detroit Munitions
Encryption: 128-bit Ageira WFF
To: Ezrael Vertiga

Good day, Mister Vertiga. I hope this message finds you well. I'm Gerald Magno, with Detroit's sales department. First off, thank you for choosing Detroit Munitions for your self-defense needs. We're committed to seeing you, as a customer, walk away satisfied and safe; and, with our products being the best there are, we're confident you'll be both as long as you do business with us.

As for your order, I'm thinking that we have two options for you; the DT-12 Series, which is a set of older designs that've been in use since 763, and are some of our best-sellers, with pinpoint accuracy, rapid-fire capabilities, and, in addition to being able to fire standard lead-alloy bullets and less-lethal projectiles, can also be custom-fitted to fire more specialized ordinance - which is what we'd probably want in your case - but is less effective against mechanical adversaries; and the DV-81E model, which is a much newer design that meets your criteria for EMP weaponry, being able to easily deactivate hostile electronics systems while leaving friendly devices fully intact.

Every model in the DT-12 Series can be either mounted into the interior of the ship or installed onto a portable mount, whereas we have yet to produce any DV-81s that were not fixed onto portable mounts, though could certainly experiment with such if you desire. Furthermore, I should note that the DV-81E has not been legally cleared for operation in civilian capacities in Rheinland or Kusari, due to recent diplomatic issues. It is only approved by government safety offices in Liberty and Bretonia. However, if this is not an issue for you, I can assure you that the DV-81 is, like all Detroit products, designed with the utmost safety of the user in mind, and is incapable of posing a lethal threat to those without pacemakers or advanced cybernetic implants.

Please let me know what your thoughts on the above are. Further special arrangements are always possible, if a simple order of x number of one or both of the above is insufficient to meet your needs; alternatively, we could look into less conventional models, or heavy modifications of existing models on a strongly experimental basis, though that would require special licensing with the authorities. Detroit Munitions looks forward to working with you.

Gerald Magno, Sales Representative
Department of Sales, Detroit Munitions

Subject: RE: Interior defense turrets
ENCRYPTION: Still around

Good day, Mr. Magno.

First of all, thank you for the very fast response. Very promising costumer service.

Hm, I guess, for now the DT-12 should be enough. If I remember correctly, those little peacemakers are used in some installations on Curacao, too, and they always did a good job when it was neccessary. Probably the best choice for now, since I don't know whether the future will put me into Kusari or Rheinland. And, you know, Rheinland can be very unforgiving when it comes to potencially law violations. It's not the 100% best possible solution, for now, but I guess I still can contact you for an additional set of those DV-81Es later, right?

So, I would like to purchase 37 of those DT-12s, non-lethal, stunning. Also, I'll need an installation manual and a set of spare parts as well. Could you send me cost estimate and tell me how much cargo space my ship will need to transport the toys?

-E. Vertiga
Civilian Corvo Captain

Hello once again!

You are correct regarding Rheinland's reputation for stringency with the law. It's something many Libertonians are unfamiliar with; I can't say I've had relevant personal experience, either. Thankfully, I'm certain the DT-12 Series will meet your needs.

If you're comfortable with all 37 turrets firing standard projectiles, the total price sums to five million, seven-hundred-thirty thousand (C5,730,000) credits -- that's with all turrets fixed to portable mounts, which you can rearrange within your vessel at your leisure. An additional five-hundred thousand (C500,000) credits will get you a team of Detroit mechanics to install the weapons at fixed locations within the ship. Either way, each turret comes with two-thousand (2,000) rounds of ammunition standard.

Alternatively, any number of turrets could be modified to fire electromagnetic projectiles for two-thousand one-hundred (C2,100) credits per turrets. This would, naturally, increase your security where robotic enemies are concerned, which is the primary weakness of the standard DT-12 model. However, with strategic placement, I'm sure that even the standard model should be sufficient, but in the end, it's up to you.

As a final alternative, if you would prefer a little less work for yourself and would also be willing to share the floor-plan of the vessel in question with a team of Detroit engineering consultants, we could determine the optimal setup for you; this would incur an additional one million (C1,000,000) credit fee -- quite reasonable, given the sheer size of the Bustard-class and the expense that goes into most internal modifications undertook on such colossi.

If you prefer to install all the turrets into fixed mounts in the ship yourself, the installation manual is, of course, free of charge. Should you ever decide to relocate some of the weapons to another vessel, the procedure should be fairly straightforward and well-explained by the documentation.

The entire setup takes about four (4) Standard Tonnage Units of cargo space prior to installation, but, naturally, once the turrets are placed within the ship, they'll no longer be in the cargo bay, so your total carrying capacity will not be significantly diminished. A basic set of replacement parts sufficient for most technical issues the DT-12 Series will encounter costs two-thousand one-hundred ninety-nine (C2,199) credits, and contains enough parts to service a total of ten (10) turrets or equivalent.

If the above requires any clarification, I'm happy to help however I can.

Good evening, Mr. Magno.

the prices sound very reasonable to me. How long would it take to modify the DT-12s for the EM-projectiles, what do you think? I mean, there's no need to rush. It'll still take some time for me to do all the neccessary arrangements for that ship to be finished. In the meantime, I will be in house space within communication range. Liberty is a fine place to do a little vacation, now that the war with Rheinland is over.

Actually, I already know where the turrets need to be placed, so there's no need to additional work. But thanks anyway for the offer. Detroit Munitions again shows a very close-to-the-costumer service. Other companies would do good to learn it from you. Like Cryer. I think the manual will be enough for our engineering team to install the security measures themselves. If not, well, I know where I have to ask for advice, right?

About the spare parts sets... I guess ten sets would be enough for the time. Again, I would contact you if we would need more.

Please tell me when I can come to your station to finish the deal and where to send the payment.

-E. Vertiga
Civilian Corvo Captain

Good day.

Modifying the DT-12s for EM will cost about thirty-thousand (C30,000) credits per turret, so if you wanted all thirty-seven turrets with EM capabilities, that'd sum to one million one-hundred-eleven thousand (C1,110,000) credits; though, I imagine you'd prefer some variety. Whenever you pick up your turrets and spare parts, send the payment to /DM/-Ammo.Box. Once you get back to us about how many turrets require EM modification, it'll take about two days to complete your order, at which point we can hold them for you for up to a two month maximum if need be.

Good morning, Mr. Magno.

to sum it up, I want 20 standard versions of the DT-12 as well as 17 EM-modified versions of it. I think that's a good mix and my engineering team agrees on that. If you could send me a final bill, I would gladly send you the payment as soon as possible.

-E. Vertiga
Civilian Corvo Captain

Hello again.

Your total will sum to six million, two-hundred sixty-one thousand, nine-hundred ninety (C6,261,990) credits. Detroit thanks you for your business, Mr. Vertiga.

Good morning, Mr. Magno!

[Image: apm03_by_rhulaner-da2ha73.png]

Here's your money. Contact me as soon as we can finish the deal.

-E. Vertiga
Civilian Corvo Captain

Mr. Vertiga, your order should be ready. Simply inform the dockmasters who you are and they'll see your equipment loaded into whatever ship you bring to pick it up. Thank you again for choosing Detroit Munitions.

Pages: 1 2