Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Doctor Holliday, Hans Von Goeben. CC: Sapphire Raven [URGENT]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

[Image: RNd8p8y.jpg]

Subject: Our talk

Hello Doc,

How are you doing? I enjoyed the little conversation we had over the relay. It was a nice break from what the past week has been. I thought about your offer, and should a time become available, then perhaps I'll join you for a drink one day. For now, however, that isn't the case.

I'm contacting you about my problem. I spoke to my associate, and we've both agreed to reach out and try to solve this issue. You... Already know the details and severity of the problem, the actions it forced. The current issue, when looking over the neuro-scans, is isolating the third-party frequency and replicating it, then by extension, transmitting it again. The removal of that frequency... The connection, it's left a void. I... I'm not as affected, but... I've had a sharp headache since it happened. I promised her I'd find a way to help restore it, and so far this is my only option. The theory I have is quite simple, but difficult to produce due to the nature of the required materials. Essentially, building a transmitter to broadcast the replicated signal requires... Alien matter, of sorts. Unfortunately, most alien matter is destroyed or rotten. It can't be sustained on its own without a catalyst.

During my travels I've learnt that such a source of energy does exist. Liquid Cardamine can be used to sustain the alien matter, or 'Husk' to serve as a relay for the foreign signal, and then build the transmitter around it. That's another issue. Somehow replicating the matter to produce and sustain the signal. However, reviewing my notes from past experiments with this signal, there are... Artifacts which we once used as relays for the connection externally. Now, if the organic material is sufficient enough to sustain the signal, and maintained by Liquid Cardamine, perhaps combining them with the proper artifacts might serve as a means of creating the signal again. From there, it's modified to transmit that frequency as it was transmitted before, over a larger area than what would essentially only provide a one-system radius. This is done by constructing a broadcast relay. That relay is then deployed and activated to replicate the signal.

That's my theory, anyway. Voice some thoughts on it.

We both talked about this, and are putting a lot of trust in you. It's... A sensitive matter. Please, be as confidential as you possibly can here. I hope you can help.

Sincerely,

~Joshua Hunt

-|TRANSMISSION TERMINATED|-

*incoming transmission*
Comm ID: Doc Holliday
To: Joshua Hunt
Encryption: For your eyes only

It definitely sounds like this will take a team effort. As I mentioned, neurology isn't an area of my own expertise but I do have someone here that is.
I don't wish to discuss the research I have performed over the years but perhaps finally some of that frustration may come in handy.
Liquid cardamine.....I never gave it much thought. It's also something I don't keep here as I despise of it BUT........if it has a medicinal value then maybe it's time to make an exception. I can't get that but if somehow I can get some for someone, it would help.

Yes, I recommend a team effort on this an in a very secluded location. Have any ideas on this? As to your headache, try a dose of Imitrix. It's a migraine reliever but helps with that as well. I look forward to helping you out.

Dr. John Henry Holliday
CEO, Med Force Enterprises

Subject: Our plan

Hello Doctor Holliday,

With the help of a dear friend, who happens to specialize in neurology and neuroscience, I've managed to make some rather helpful modifications to the current theory. As Hans, who is now connected to this specific communications uplink had informed me after a lengthy discussion, the third-party signal can be replicated exactly, and it doesn't require an original host to do so. Being, as he had said, an Input/Output frequency, the connection can be generated from anything with enough power output to maintain it. The issues we face now, is determining the amount of energy needed to operate and maintain the signal, and a host of some sort. The host could be organic, or a simple transmitter with a few... Alien additions. Likely the latter. We can go over this more in person.

That'd be the reason I'm sending this message. As of now, the other person involved, Sapphire Raven, is able to see this, as well as Hans. With that, we need to set up a time and place to meet and discuss recreating this mindlink. Like before, I ask you keep things confidential between us four. So, Doctor Holliday, I leave the location up to you. We can arrive and meet up, and work on this. I would hope a solution could be developed quickly.

Sincerely,

~Joshua Hunt

-|PINGING RECIPIENT|-

-|PINGING RECIPIENT - PRIORITY: HIGH|-

-|PINGING RECIPIENT - PRIORITY: HIGH|-

Subject: URGENT

Gentlemen,

The urgency of this matter has increased to the extreme. I greatly fear for my counterparts personal health and safety, and I cannot delay this any longer. If by tomorrow, I receive no word from either of you, I will be forced to proceed with this theory and project on my own. The life of someone I care for is at risk, and that is not acceptable.

Please, we need your help.

Sincerely,

~Joshua Hunt

Subject: The location

Gentlemen,

I'm sending this to notify you that you've both been given guest clearance to the Eidolon Wraith for the duration of this situation. The Wraith has isolated its self in Kansas and will await your arrival.

Sincerely,

~Joshua Hunt

I have received your message.

-Doc

Subject: The new network

Gentlemen,

I've created a separate network, in which you'll find an explanation of the results. This network is now closed.

Sincerely,

~Joshua Hunt