Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Project "Hephaestus" - IRG and Solar Runners
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: e9615d9839.png]
PROJECT HEPHAESTUS

-_-_-_-_-: Secure Channel Open :-_-_-_-_-
-_-_-_-_-: Encryption Level Beta :-_-_-_-_-
-_-_-_-_-: Authorized Users: IRG and Solar Runners :-_-_-_-_-
-_-_-_-_-: Recording started :-_-_-_-_-

As numerous people walked around the scaffolding aboard Livadia, the metallic sounds of immense construction machines were heard as they began to deconstruct the monolithic vessel that had been docked there for weeks. The Ares, once radiant jewel of the Solar Runners, had made it's final voyage to Livadia. While a somber sight for some, the prospect of what was to come enveloped those assigned to this project with a sense of joy and excitement.

Over the past few weeks, shipments have poured in from all across Sirius, with all types of materials and resources to be used in this undertaking. Combined with the materials harvested from the Ares, the Solar Runner's flagship was to be born anew.

Scratching his head, one of the Zoner crane operators gazed in awe as he spoke to the construction lead."Boss, have you seen the storage pods? I mean, I get what we're building but damn! We're talking hundreds of thousands of crates and materials. More than what we use to build the Nephilims! What's the time frame on this again?" As the lead looked around with hands on his sides, he turned and chuckled. "A sight isn't it? Trust me, the guys upstairs know what they're doing. They haven't given us a timeline, but just stressed that we work as efficiently as possible. I have bi-weekly check ins, so if the timing is increased, I'll let you know. But hey, don't worry. Just be happy you're a part of this. From what I hear, only a handful of these ships have ever been constructed, and even then, they're just replicas based off a design even I haven't seen." Slapping the operator on the back, he walked up the stairs leading to the hub of the project, where the head engineers and scientists were pouring over design plans and shouting commands left and right to the various project leads. Walking up to one of the engineers, he waited till he was done speaking over comms. "Hey Levi, any word from the Director?" A younger man turned around with a disappointed face. "Sorry, not yet. Word is he won't be on station for a bit. Sorry mate. But hey, bribe him with a bottle of Whiskey, and I'm sure he'll be here in no time!" Laughing at Levi's comment, he turned and faced the monitors, smiling intently.

As the monitors displayed various schematics and designs, one monitor eventually held still. The schematics were one of the most prized of the Zoner shipbuilders. The Leviathan class, an ancient starship of origin long forgotten. From these designs, the Nephilim class was brought into existence. These mighty Zoner colony ships were some of most treasured vessels of Zoner make, and some of the largest in Sirius. While many colony ships were in service, very few vessels truly based off the schematics of the Leviathan were brought into existence. Larger than the Nephilim class, and requiring a wholly different internal system design, many who attempted such a feat failed, and such vessels never left the shipyards and were more often than not deconstructed for materials to build more colony ships. This time though, those working on the Hephaestus, the new flagship and home to the Solar Runners, were confident that they would be among the few that were able to bring to life one of the rarest and beautiful of vessels to ever sail amongst the stars.