Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Problem with starting Disovery
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I bought a new PC and reinstalled freelancer just as I did with my previous PC.

Now when i want to launch Discovery by using the launchpad it does simply nothing.
I don't receive any error nor does anything pop up..

Anyone has some advice?
Launch Discovery by using DSLauncher which you can find in the folder where your Discovery installation is.
Didn't help either ..
Since you got a new PC, make sure your NET Framework meets the minimum requirements.

More info here: http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=126999
Since you got a new PC, make sure your NET Framework meets the minimum requirements.

More info here: http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=126999
I have windows 10 and i have the highest version of NET Framework installed
Could it be due to the fact that my forced argument is -s51.254.85.204:2302 ?
(05-24-2016, 08:20 PM)Mirdynn Wrote: [ -> ]Could it be due to the fact that my forced argument is -s51.254.85.204:2302 ?

It's same as mine, it's not that.
try right clicking on the game and selecting properties, then going to the compatibility tab and running the program in a compatibility mode for a lesser version of windows?
After updating to Win 10, I tried installing on my laptop and ran into trouble as well.
I could not get connection to the update server, it always failed after saying "trying to contact Kitty".

For me, it was a Proxy Server setting hidden deeply inside Internet Explorer that kept the Updater from finding the server, even though I defined Firefox as browser and never use IE basically. The update function of the Disco Launcher somehow tried to connect via the settings that I entered years ago into an old version of IE.

The standard help is this one (courtesy to Data), that I just include here, too. Some of it might work

Quote:1. Uninstall disco and freelancer and any other mods (some mods interfere with disco)

2. Go into your my documents and delete any saved folder that you see of freelancer/disco

3. Check your virus checker for any quarantined “dsace.dll” and remove it

4. Temporary disable “live” protection of your virus checker, and also whilst at it, make sure you don’t have an over protective firewall

5. Reinstall freelancer to default folders and then install disco to default folders
Eg mine is C:\Users\*your login*\AppData\Local\Discovery Freelancer 4.88.1

6. Go into your virus checker and tell it to allow that ENTIRE folder and all in it

7. Try disco before enabling virus checker

8. if it crashes after that and you have bloom enabled, disable it, by going into the freelancer folder, locating d3d8.dll and rename it to something else, eg d3d8.dllold, and then retry
Pages: 1 2