Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Zero Point Transmission: Target Dr. Owens - From: IRG|
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: ZFE4gFw.gif]

-_-_-_-_-: Secure Channel Open :-_-_-_-_-
-_-_-_-_-: Encryption Level 3 :-_-_-_-_-
-_-_-_-_-: Sender: Sean Goodman :-_-_-_-_-

Dr. Owen,

I'm sorry for the delay in sending this transmission, our initial surveys of the planet resulted in some rather large anomalies in our data, additional surveys were conducted and returned with the same errors. Unfortunately the atmosphere has far to many high energy particles and severely restricts our ability to conduct an accurate survey. I was wondering if there were surface facilities from which we can attempt ground based operations? If not Ingenuus is able to deploy our own prefab operations center, but some modifications to the shield array would be necessary.

Sean Goodman
Ingenuus Research Group
[Image: 2rBPIo5.png]
-Connection Established-

Evening Doctor

It is good to hear you have something... even if not definitive. I must say, attempting to create a prefab base on the surface of the world is... well, shocking to say the least. While it is true we have people currently on the planet, there is only a handful that live in secure bunkers that are the only thing protecting them from the dangerous and hazardous surroundings.

The requirements to maintain a FOB there would be high as most would think.. yet before we can discuss something like that we need to actually set one up. Regarding that, I have a plan.

We could use something like shield generates to isolate a small area to prevent new hazardous materials getting swept in. From then we can (in theory) begin cleaning up of the radioactive materials and other hazards within this small area. From then it should be easy to setup a small outpost.

This is just one idea that came to mind when I was brainstorming ideas aboard Kara. I am sure you have your own and I look forward to discussing everything with you.

Regards Dr. David Owen
Kara Stellar Laboratory, Cayman system

Dr. Owen,

It does appear we are of the same mind. Our design team has supplied me with schematics for a facility in one of the mountain regions on Braillia. The facility itself, while appearing small on the surface extends much further underground. This allows us multiple avenues of expansion, should we run out of space, but also allows us a safe haven should the shield generator fail. I've included a required list of supplies for the facility, keep in mind this isn't an all inclusive its just merely what we believe is required for us to gain a foothold on the surface.

Build Items
1. Shield Generator
1,000 units of Basic Alloy
800 units of Titanium
500 units of Fusion Diodes
500 units of Energy Field Equipment

2. Ground Facilitates
1 Nuclear Device
5 Military Vehicles
2 CTE-F-1050-A "Kestrel" Civilian Freighters
3 MV-422-B "Surveyor" Civilian Light Miners
15,000 units of Basic Alloy
1,000 units of Xenobiotic Filters
500 units of Mining Machinery

Once the supplies have been delivered to Shadowhaven Station we can begin preparations for deployment onto the surface of the planet.

Finally, Dr. Owen, we need to discuss our payment for our services. This survey is but the first of many steps that will have to be taken thoughout the Terraforming Process, as such Ingenuus is requesting a sum of 150 million credits be transferred to the IRG|Ingenuus before we commit further assets to the project.

Sean Goodman
Ingenuus Research Group
[Image: 2rBPIo5.png]
-Connection Established-

Evening Doctor

It is good to see that we think alike. Looking over this list there are many things that are going to be hard to get because of our economic situation... but we should be able to manage.

Regarding the ships on that list, there are two avenues we could pursue. We could gather the material and build them ourselves or we could try find some on the market to use.

I have ordered Antikythera Shipyard to begin construction on a Transport that I will personally use to acquire the materials. At the same time we should, with luck be able to raise the funds required. I will certainly have to do some research on where I can acquire some of these, but It should work out fine.

Regards Dr. David Owen
Kara Stellar Laboratory, Cayman system

Dr. Owen,

Ingenuus is well aware of the difficultly of acquiring some of these supplies. As such I can offer you the assistance of our support fleet, however they are severely limited in number.

Regarding the freighters and light survey craft. Ingenuus would recommend purchasing the vessels plans from the open market and building them themselves; no doubt this project will outlast the serviceability of these first few craft. Additionally as our project grows across the planet our plans call for more of the named vessels to be acquired to ensure that the various surface facility's are well established and supplied.

Finally, David, if I may be so personal, regarding financing of this project. Rumors are currently being spread throughout the Confederation of Freeports that Omicron Supply Industries is getting ready to publicly open their Edge World Finance and Savings Program. This program was originally only open to Zoners to assist in the finance and building of major projects, such as our Colony Ships. I personally believe that if you were to contact them regarding financing you would receive a favorable response, even though the program is not yet public. However I leave that up to you.

Sean Goodman
Ingenuus Research Group