Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: VWA - Vereinigte Widerstandsarmee High Command
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: RFPHeader1.png]
PRIORITY: Medium
ENCRYPTION: High
IDENTIFICATION: Detektiv Wolfram Kruppstahl
SOURCE: Planet Stuttgart, Stuttgart system
SUBJECT: Courage to fight for Rheinland's people

Sehr geehrter Herr Klugmann,

It is an honor for me to talk to you. Literally. I assume you've raised an eyebrow when you saw the sender of this transmission. It isn't a daily thing to have an officer of the Polizei talking to you in a friendly way, am I wrong?

However, this isn't exactly the first time we exchange words. On my duty in the name of justice I've stumbled upon the part of Frankfurt you declared Bundschuh/Widerstand territory. You don't need a scientist to realize that your pilots don't like to have an officer like me flying around your zone, but I personally wouldn't call me an enemy of the Bundschuh Partei.

You and your Armee have done a lot of positive things for the people of Rheinland, I really appreciate this. As I'm still calling myself a Detektiv of the Polizei with this being a job I don't want to risk by contacting you, you may see this as an offer of trust between your Widerstandsarmee and me. I would like to learn more about the Widerstandsarmee, I would even assist you to do all the great things you do for the people of the once admirable Bundesrepublik.

Although this is more than a year ago, the first positive impressions I got of the Widerstandsarmee were through a transmission to Sirius written by you. I got inspired by this, and this is also the reason to contact you ultimately. What do you think about my offer to help, Herr Klugmann?

Hochachtungsvoll,

Wolfram Kruppstahl
Detektiv
Rheinland Federal Polizei

I know people like you and the rest of the High Command (or what you people call it) are very busy people. This is just a friendly reminder just in case the transmission went lost in paperwork.

Hochachtungsvoll,

Wolfram Kruppstahl
Detektiv
[Image: gXeep1A.png]
10-06-823

Herr Detektiv,

I'm glad you reached out to us, and I apologize for taking so long to reply. I'd like to first clarify that a very, very small proportion of Rheinlanders are "enemies" of the Bundschuh Party - That would be the standing representatives at local, stellar, and governmental levels; and the military-industrial complex that props them up. Opinions amongst the inner democracy of the Party differ, but under the Widerstandsarmee's watch, Rheinlandic deaths are not a permissable consequence in the Second Popular Revolution if they can be avoided. Your compatriots are being used as "human shields", and often-times we have no choice but to attempt to force our way through.

If you wish to help us, you're certainly welcome to meet with a few members of the wing at a secure location. In the meantime, I should inform you that paramount amongst our objectives is to ensure the safety of Nuremberg's exodus population. Facilitiating their escape to Liberty or elsewhere in search of refuge, asylum, and and eventual return to Rheinland would be a good place to start, by whichever means you're able to secure given your rank and standing.

[Image: JG7K1os.png]

Vielen Dank for your response. I understand the Widerstand's concern regarding Rheinlandic deaths and I can't agree more. Now when you're saying it, we're indeed being used as human shields which is clearly an issue I want to get rid of.

During the upcoming days I will try to reach out for VWA pilots so we can work something out. In the meantime, I will do my best to faciliate the refugees's escape from Rheinland without getting caught by supervisors. I'm glad that you, and/or the Vereinigte Widerstandsarmee welcome/s me to assist you.

Hochachtungsvoll,

Wolfram Kruppstahl
Detektiv
SUBJECT: Luxury Liner Kaemi & the refugees

Today I've contributed something good for the people of Nuremberg. During one of my patrols, I stumbled upon the Luxury Liner Kaemi in Hamburg which turned out to be transporting refugees to Rheinland. As you may assume, I ensured a safe passage through Hamburg and Bering. Even the captain of the ship is fighting for the same cause as we do. I'm uploading a communication log which is quite self-explanatory.

By the way, I honestly don't feel save if I'm resting on public stations and planets. What if the Buro der Marineintelligenz is aware of what I am doing? I mean, nobody can tell that for sure. Is it any possible for me to rest on Bundschuh bases during freetime? I'd like to visit my family, though - that's important for me.

Danke for your time.

Hochachtungsvoll,

Wolfram Kruppstahl
Detektiv
15-06-823

Herr Kruppstahl,

My apologies again for the delay. I reviewed the attached logs and I'd like to personally thank you for your humanism and goodwill towards your fellow men and women. Rheinlanders sincerely only desire a fair chance at life in the end, and if the Bundesrepublik cannot provide for them, then it falls upon us to remedy that in any way we can.

If you can inform me where you last heard from your family, I will see to it that they are put in contact with you. Regardless, I must presently decline your request for docking clearance to Party strongholds; you understand, of course, that if the Buro is following you, they'll no-doubt take the fullest possible advantage of this security incident.

I would, however, suggest the old Augsburg installation on Munich; only a little over one-hundred Junkers and squatters currently reside there. The authorities are for the most part loathe to enter the dark matter nebulae enveloping the system, so I'm fairly certain you'll be safe there should you need to go in hiding temporarily.

My sincerest apologies. We'll speak when the Widerstandsarmee's not presently being worked half to death with multiple Operational fronts.

SOURCE: Planet Hamburg, Hamburg system
SUBJECT: Error: No subject stated

Sehr geehrter Herr Oberst,

Excuse me, but I think you misunderstood me a bit. It wasn't well explained from me, but anyways; it's not like I lost my family or something similar, I would've liked to visit them on planet Hamburg regulary. But since you refuse to grant docking rights on Bundschuh bases - which I wholly understand and agree with - this is no longer part of the discussion anyway.

The old Augsburg installation in Munich seems to be a fine place to hide if the Büro ever blows my cover.

I am not sure if this information is of use for you, but I'd like to point out that when I visited my family down on planet Hamburg last time, there's been a refugee camp built nearby. At least, that's what rumors around their city states. I witnessed it myself and I got to admit that it really seems to be true, though. It's been a while since I was on planet Nuremberg - what's the current situation down there?

I've also got a few questions, if you could spare the time to answer them. I've witnessed lots of refugees which were on their way to the Republic of Liberty, taken in custody on planet New Berlin. What are these people going to face? And my last question; where exactly will the refugees of Nuremberg be brought to once they pass borders of Rheinland?

Hochachtungsvoll,

Wolfram Kruppstahl
Detektiv
22-06-823

Herr Kruppstahl,

I'd like to express my appreciation that your eyesight and senses aren't veiled by a fluttering green holo-banner; reactions that we've witnessed have ranged towards near-recognition of Rheinland's socioeconomic strata, to complete denial, to admission with the caveat that the unfortunate deserve their fate. I've found solace in the old adage for narcotic addiction; the first step to take is in admitting that one has a problem.

I feel that any description that I could give regarding Nuremberg wouldn't do justice in comparison to firsthand experience. Should you choose to venture planetside to Nuremberg, I advise bringing plenty of anti-radioactive pharmaceuticals for both yourself and any you find in need.

The unfortunate citizens of Rheinland who are captured without their passports or in the company of suspect chauffeurs would, I imagine, face a gamut of penalties related to tax and law evasion, to collaboration with known and recognized Terrorist groups. For those refugees specifically, I believe your background in the Bundespolizei would be more knowledgeable than I am in determining their fate and charges.

If nothing else, my sincere hope is that what the Bundschuh builds upon is not in vain; people will die on both sides of the civil conflict. This makes the end result that much more important to reach.

The primary destination for most of the passengers spirited out of Rheinlandic borders is Bethlehem Station in Liberty, one of the only entities that offered to process and relocate a "bulk" number of souls. I'm assuming that due to the sheer population constraints, Bethlehem isn't their final destination. As most unable to leave Nuremberg under their own power are members of Rheinland's underclass, my personal guess is that the majority have and will take up blue-collar jobs in Liberty - Most likely upon planetary surfaces.

Whether those people are employed "illegally" is another thing altogether, but I'm certain that this is one of the lesser laws that the Bundschuh Party has broken in its history. Sadly we cannot be responsible for what happens after these families are taken to Bethlehem due to our own resource constraints; I assure you that them being relocated there is far, far better than any "underground" alternative to be taken amongst other groups awry of the rogue Bundesrepublik's or House Liberty's laws.

I hope my explanations were of some aid to you, Herr Kruppstahl.