Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Cordelia Lyell
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Incoming Message
Heavy Encryption Detected
Origin: #ERROR#
Message Begins

Greetings Mrs Lyell,

I'm the man known as The Rat, I've been asked to contact you by the captain of the APM-Caelestis regarding my services, I assume the shared last name is no coincidence and that you've already been informed of my profession and various talents.

I'm led to believe you may have a use for my abilities?

Message Ends

:::[INCOMING TRANSMISSION]:::
:::[ESTABLISHING VIDEO FEED]:::
:::[VIDEO FEED: LIVE]:::

ID: Cordelia Lyell
Subject: A Rat's Service
ENCRYPTION: INVINCIBLE

Good evening, Rat,

I am Cordelia Lyell, Guildkeeper of the Core and, yes, the shared names were indeed no coincidence; you spoke to my husband. Suffice it to say that his recount of the meeting with you was quite the quaint story to behold. Before you listen any further, I should tell you that this message will delete itself after you have played it once, so listen carefully.

In a way, I am not sure how to deal with you — after all, you are but a stranger that offered his services to us, be they of a layman's nature or not remains to be demonstrated. However, I do tend to always look for people who would be able to do things for me and not question the whys and wherefores. You may not have my interest, but you do have my attention for this exact reason.

There are two things that I could ask of you and one thing that I would like you to do, but am almost certain you would refuse. The first one would be menial work for a little vanity project of mine, which would simply entail fetching some hard-to-reach items, but I am sure a man that prides himself with being able to fit in anywhere would scoff at such an insulting waste of his time — am I right, Rat?

So, instead, I would like to put something in the possession of the Order Overwatch. Do you know what Hydrogen Cyanide, or Prussic Acid is, Rat? If not, that is just all the better. Suffice it to say that it is a very poisonous substance that is used in mining operations for the process of electroplating. In other words: I want them to want it. I will task you to get into contact with an agent of the Overwatch and record them saying that they hire you to procure this substance in large quantities for them. I care not how you do it. Afterwards, you will send any evidence of this, how they hired you and that you delivered it, to me over a secured channel. Be sure to encrypt the data package containing the evidence again and give me the encryption key seperately.

The third thing is a bit delicate in nature. It is a simple courier's work, but given the recipient, I am unsure about its danger level. Simply put: If you ever meet the Nomad with the designation Ishtar, I want you to say the following words to it: "Cordelia Lyell of the Core wants to have a word with you in private."

Regarding payment: I am quite rich, especially since I made a rather lucrative in the last days and therefore I am quite open to any sort of compensation you may require as long as it remains within reason and within the boundaries of physical reality.

That would be all. Let's see if you can catch my interest.

-C. Lyell
Guildkeeper, The Core

:::[CLOSING TRANSMISSION]:::

Incoming Message
Heavy Encryption Detected
Origin: #ERROR#
Message Begins

An interesting list of requests Mrs Lyell,

I am not above a simple delivery job, being seen carrying standard cargo helps maintain my front as a simple trader, I'm sure you can understand the importance of appearances, particularly in the eyes of the law. For that reason I do not carry any form of drugs, live cargo or parts of, anything that could leave an unwelcome trace when Johnny Law comes scanning. If your items fall outside that small list then I'd be happy to do the job.

Your second request is perhaps the most difficult, the Order for all their blustering bravardo are not fools and no not trust outsiders beyond the range of their guns. That being said I may be able to accomplish the task but it will take time as those in my profession are distrusted wholesale, however there are other routes that may result in your desired outcome but I cannot give you certainty in success.
As for the message, I will pass it on if I encounter the recipient though I tend to avoid such meetings in my travels, for obvious reasons.

Payment, as always, is negotiable though you will find my fees to be quite fair, depending on the task at hand.

Message Ends