Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: The Republic of Crayter ; From: Randall Santiago, Maltese 72nd Fleet
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Transmission Initiated]

[Comm ID]
Commander Randall Marcato Santiago
Maltese 72nd Fleet

[Receiver ID]
The Republic of Crayter
[Subject]
Official Cease-fire and Further Cooperation

[Encryption]
Alpha - High
[Priority]
Alpha - High

[Transmission Begins]

Hola there.

I am Fleet Commander Randall Santiago, acting representative and commander of the Republic of Malta Armed Forces. I am contacting you today in the hopes that Crayter will hear us out in regards to a simple request that could help to fix the relations between our two nations.

Not long ago, I sent a transmission to the Gallic Council regarding the Republic's request for a cease-fire between the two. I have come today to you, the Crayter Republic, to propose the same request. In his reply, General LaFlamme informed me that he would take steps to dissuade his people from outright attacking the Fleet, which is a good step in the right direction. If we're to come out of this conflict in one piece, there is no better way than to have allies, or wartime friends, by your side.

I am currently aware that the the Fleet has a form of unofficial agreement with the Crayter Military, in that the Fleet will not be fired upon should we not show hostilities as well as refrain from hunkering in Coronado. This 'agreement', as it is nothing official, has been one of the many reasons why we've seen Crayter as more than just a mutual aide in the fight against Gallia. The Republic is not about to let potential allies and friends become distanced, and I'm aware that the Maltese Nation has made a terrible impression upon the original Colonials.

This is why I am proposing an official cease-fire between our two people, so that less focus can be made towards grudges that, in all truthfulness, should not be in effect at all, and more can be pointed at the primary threat to both of our societies. The Fleet, and the Republic by extension, have never seen either the Crayter people, or any house that remains truthful to their hearts, as an enemy. On the contrary, the Republic holds Crayter in high regard. A stalwart friend in troubled times. We only desire what is best for our people, and I believe we can agree that conflict is not in either of our people's best interests.

I would very much like to hear what the Republic of Crayter has to say on this matter, or even if you agree that a cease-fire is the best course of action. Regardless of the outcome, the Fleet will remain friendly towards the people and officers of Crayter and its military, as we always have.

Vale, et felicitate.

Regards,
Fleet Commander Randall Marcato Santiago, Task Force Imperium, Maltese 72nd Fleet.

[Transmission Terminated]
---- ---- --{Retransmitting Signal}-- ---- ----
[Image: 352ov1e.jpg]

Greetings, Fleet Commander Santiago.

I am Fleet Admiral Michael Richard, acting as representative of Crayter Republic in this matter.

It is rather surprising, also good to hear from you about such a request, considering hostilities between Maltese people and Crayter Republic, yet with your fleet, we managed to keep non-aggressive relations. Still hatred towards Maltese nation deep among my men and women, be it military or civilian, caused by actions of other entities within the nation.

As i see, your group is somewhat different than rest of Malteseans, you try to find allies among enemies. While i do not know 72nd Fleet's intentions or goals detailed, i believe we can work together against Gallic threat at very least. You put it well. We do not need more conflicts. We need to work for both our people's betterment.

Hereby, i, as a representative of Crayter Republic and Fleet Admiral, agree with the ceasefire offer. Crayter forces will not open fire on 72nd forces and vice versa. I however need to request that your fleet to refrain from hunkering in Coronado, for easing the situation.

Signed, Michael Richard
Fleet Admiral
Crayter Military