Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Core; From: BAF
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: cqoK5DR.png]
Message Class: Textual
Encryption: High
Priority: Medium
To: Core High Command

Honourable guildmasters,

A Dunkirk-class, three fighters and one bomber of ours passed through the systems of Omicron Lost, Delta and Rho today. Prior to this the fleet blindly jumped into a jump hole, and we knew no other way back. I wish to apologize for this.
Additionally, I am immensely thankful for the repairs and supplies provided by Yaren Base. Congratulations for capturing it from the Corsairs. May the Core conquer many more of their outposts.

Sir George R. Hall
Admiral
Bretonian Armed Forces

Open for Replies

:::[INCOMING TRANSMISSION]:::
:::[ESTABLISHING VIDEO FEED]:::
:::[VIDEO FEED: LIVE]:::

ID: Cordelia Lyell
Subject: Apology Graciously Accepted
ENCRYPTION: INVINCIBLE

Esteemed Sir George R. Hall,

Yes, I was indeed waiting for an official statement regarding this occurance. Of course, we would not dare decline aid to our loyal friends in Bretonia, yet you have to understand that Yaren was quite ill equipped to handle the rather sudden needs of your forces. If at all possible, I would request an explanation as to what made this necessary, if you would, Sir. You mentioned a jump hole? I take it that it led into the Omicron region. If you could shed some light onto the background of this expedition and its results, that would be most appreciated.

Oh, and there is only a single Guildmaster, Sir. Titles are important, as I am sure you are aware.

-C. Lyell
Guildkeeper, The Core

:::[CLOSING TRANSMISSION]:::

Guildkeeper Lyell,

Pardon me for my mistake. I have not been informed of who was in charge of the Core since Guildmaster Nodtviet's disappearance. Is it known if he is alright?

Sir George R. Hall
Admiral
Bretonian Armed Forces

Open for Replies

Subject: (None)

Sir George R. Hall,

Your apology is accepted. As to your question: The current Exalted Guildmaster is Matt Bishop, former Guildkeeper. As unsatisfactory as it might sound, I do not know about former Guildmaster Nodtviet's status, although I suspect he is deceased by now. Does that satisfy your curiosity? If so, please indulge me in satisfying mine. I inquired as to the nature and results of the expedition through the unknown anomaly you mentioned. It is understandable if information regarding this is confidential, but a simple confirmation that is actually is would be appreciated.

I bid you a pleasant day.

-C. Lyell
Guildkeeper, The Core

Guildkeeper Lyell,

Me and my fleets, Cambridge Planetary and Norfolk, are being somewhat disregarded, hopefully due to the never greater danger looming from the north. I am being poorly informed and I have not yet been given a green light to share the information, nor any light at all. As if my expedition was not even important. I suppose that the Core's intelligence service is in a better order, so I would like to ask you what the Core already know about the expedition. If anyone I answer to ever realizes its importance, it might be useful to know.

Sir George R. Hall
Admiral
Bretonian Armed Forces

Open for Replies

Subject:

Sir George R. Hall,

Regarding the expedition: We have observed a rather worrisome procession of assorted foreign ships in the Omicrons during the period your own forces emerged. They seemed to have a common point of origin, which would be Nomad space, but beyond that, we have nothing to show. There is a general interest in starting a survey of known Nomad systems for anything out of order, but I am reluctant to authorize such a thing, as I presume that the losses would outweigh the benefits — especially in the aftermath of the Delta Incident.

In recent times, we have relied on the tactic of stalling, which is to say: Don't poke us and we won't poke you. It seems to work, besides several smaller skirmishes here and there, which we deem inevitable.

It is truly a shame that you appear to be neglected in such a way. If you will it, I would be ready to maybe dispatch one or two snubcraft wings to Omega-3 to assist your own forces. This is, however, only a friendly offer, as we would never sanction such an infringement on Bretonia and her controlled territories without approval.

-C. Lyell
Guildkeeper, The Core

Guildkeeper Lyell,

I have just received a message from the Fleet Admiral. I will paraphrase what she instructed me to say.
We found a strange anomaly, similar to what we understand of jump holes. We chose to send an expeditionary force through the jump hole to investigate. Upon arrival, we found ourselves within the Omicron region. Our forces came under fire, but it was nothing we could not handle. Unfortunately, this led us to move back through your space, and from there, you should be aware of the story.

As of your generous offer, I grant your fighters access to the Armed Forces hangar on Sprague with open hands. However, If this was but a gesture to win our hearts, it was unnecessary, as we already stand with you. If those fighters are needed more elsewhere, it is not your obligation to keep them in Omega-3. Our situation is grave itself, and we understand yours completely.

Sir George R. Hall
Admiral
Bretonian Armed Forces

Open for Replies

Subject: (none)

Sir George R. Hall,

I have offered all forces to participate in the purge of the Hessian menace in Omega-3 at their own discretion. It is not quite a gesture to win hearts, but more a method of keeping violent tendencies funnelled somewhere where it can be utilized constructively, should it be desired.

Best of luck, Sir.

-C. Lyell
Guildkeeper, The Core

Guildkeeper Lyell,

The news are almost good enough to make me forget an issue. Namely, a certain party, who claim to be former Core, have contributed significantly to the ridding of both Corsairs and Red Hessians. I am speaking of Battlegroup Auxesia, with whom, as I am aware, your relations are less than ideal. The violent tendencies of your pilots will indeed be put to good use against pirates, but I am afraid that it would be somewhat convenient for those if a heated verbal argument with Battlegroup Auxesia units heated up literally. It would also, although that godforsaken system sometimes forgets about it, be against the Bretonian Charter of Interstellar Law. Can I be assured that, in Bretonian space, the Core will not initiate aggression against Battlegroup Auxesia? This does not take away the right of self-defense, of course.

Sir George R. Hall
Admiral
Bretonian Armed Forces

Open for Replies