Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: ESRD Commander Avery Reeves, [LN]. From: Templar Khan, A/).
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: ij1Jhy0.png]

Sender Ident: Battlegroup Auxesia, Eidolon Node, Templar Nesrin Khan.
Sender Location: Scrambled. Triangulation Error.
Encryption: Impervious without pre-given cypher.

[Image: latest?cb=20120218185401&path-prefix=de][Image: rheinland_freelancer___flag_by_neethis.png][Image: latest?cb=20110801072539][Image: latest?cb=20110801144857]

We hold these Truths to be self evident that all Men are created equal, that they are endowed by their creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness. - Thomas Jefferson, The Declaration of Independence.

[Image: 571684_1406321100.jpg]

Oorah, Cmdr Reeves. Templar Khan here, at your service once again. The cyborg salutes, hand to forehead, fist to heart.

Your request for a formal channel of communication has been granted, albeit tentatively. We have a mountain of interdisciplinary distrust to circumnavigate. Our ranks are analogous between our services, so I will approach these negotiations from terms of equality.

For the sake of record, I will summarise the points we covered in our dialogues. If you feel it’s suitable to relay the following to your superiors, please do so. We trust in your discretion.

The following is the perspective of battlegroup command - we have no ideological qualm with the Liberty Navy, nor do we intend to impede Liberty Navy operations in any theatre. Our goal is to preserve the civilian populace of Liberty House from K’haran infiltration, preserving Libertarian democracy, freedom of self-determination and the constitutional validity of the Republic, in perpetuity. In short, we have parallel, cofunctional, intentions - we just don’t operate on the taxpayers’ dime. Auxesia contains a significant number of Libertonian patriots in our ranks - servicewomen and men who believe passionately in the doctrines outlined in Liberty’s constitution, who desire the licence to return to their homes and families without arrest. The battle hymn of the Republic rings resplendent within our regiments. Liberty has a one thousand three hundred year history of contiguous federal democracy - a history we have objective parallelism with. Bluntly, Liberty is the firmest bastion against K’haran infiltration of the Sirius Sector, and we possess the unique abilities required to project the Liberty Navy’s ability to counter the Nomads beyond its conventional operational theatres, independently of the LSF. Auxesia can be a valuable asset to Liberty in the event of an armistice. You get additional paramilitary support with domestic hard crime, terrorist cells and K’haran national security concerns, whilst our operatives gain amnesty providing they adhere to Republic law. Note, we are not requesting a free pass, but a chance to serve the people of the Republic above board, instead of from the shadows.

The objective of the Battlegroup is to preserve the liberty of all Sirian residents, all humanity, against the biological machines that seek to reap our individuality from us, to strip us from our families, our livelihoods, even sentience itself, to condemn us into slavery, dissolution and extinction. We share the same belief as the Government of the Republic; human beings should live as free, untrammelled citizens of the stars, not the carriages of the cosmic horrors that know no form, that invade minds, that have no fingers to cultivate good human earth from alien regolith. Let us live to live to make men free - that is our mandate. That is the heart of why Auxesia exists, and we are adept at actualising the Sirian agenda. Anti-Nomad counter-insurgency is our speciality, Republic.

Yet this communique never would have occurred if we merely were here to detail what we are and how we serve. I am not here to argue our case, but to invite discussion over the the strained aspects of our relationship, detailing your concerns in the sequence the ESRD operative tabled them, and to provide counterpoints. We must deduce the impediments, before we can move to production. The most major debate aspects are as follows: our perceived relationship with the Hellfire Legion, our past usage of the Legion to resupply our ships and airwings, and the number of post Navy officers within our ranks. Your argument is reasoned enough; how can the Liberty Navy confide in those who trade with rebels against the union? How can you coexist with an organisation whose ranks contain officers issued with dishonourable discharge?

In short, Auxesia does not support the Commonwealth of House Liberty’s dispute with the Republic of Liberty. Furthermore, since the dispute between the Republic of Liberty and the Commonwealth of House Liberty is a political one, fought between soldiers in fixed battlefields independently of civilian involvement, it is against our mandate to become involved in the conflict. We do not see the Commonwealth as an organisation vulnerable to nomad manipulation, whilst organisations collaborating with cardamine and artefact cartels distinctly are, including the Liberty Rogues in all their subdivisions, the Xeno terrorist cell, the Outcasts, the Lane Hackers. If the Hellfire Legion preyed upon civilian assets, they would become war criminals and our humanitarian position would have to shift, but Auxesia does not possess the assets to become involved in a political conflict wherein civillians are not in direct attrition risk. We are adept at operating a regimented number of ships far away from ports of call as lightning assets - we are a product of the tactical environment of the inter-house independent worlds and house periphery systems, not a battlefield dominated by large armoured task forces.

As for our use of Hellfire ships, we have only a limited number of Hellfire ships within our stockpile. These are unlikely to be renewed at the end of their service lives. In addition, our domestic variants of Hellfire ships contain a number of significant refits, including powercore reharmonisations, ordinance replacement and avionics overhauls, distinguishing them from their Hellfire counterparts. Consider also that these are Legion space frames that will never be arrayed against Liberty Navy personnel, ever. Even if our request for amnesty is rejected, we will persist in our attempts to avoid obstruction of the Liberty Navy wherever possible, however possible. Blue-on-blue is not in the job description.

Yes. We contain individuals which were once officers of the Liberty Navy. It’s an issue we have to confront at some point, and we make no pretence that it is not the case. I can testify on their behalf that the primary reason said individuals exist in Auxesia, and not in some pirate or revolutionary group, is because they wish to continue their service to the elected government of Liberty and her people. Auxesia is an organisation that believes in redemption by fire - whatever past offences an individual may have committed, they have the responsibility to atone for their offences through continued service to the civilian populations of their houses by countering those who prey upon the people, be they smugglers, pirates or infected. Whatever strategic compromise they have once presented, it is up to them to find penance and to undo their past transgressions with fresh service - a service Auxesia provides.

We are equipped, extremely adequately, to further the cause of the Liberty Navy without having to risk a single Libertonian’s life in the process. Auxesia has strike capability to hit at Outcast cardamine convoys long before they intersect Liberty’s territorial claims, and, with the permission of the Liberty Navy, inside Liberty itself. We have the ordinance to assist Liberty in the shadow war against the infected, and the intelligence data to assist Liberty’s own counterinsurgency operations. The fact remains that our operations within the Barrier, Cortez and Kansas remain inhibited if we have to dodge around Liberty Navy patrols in order to combat the rampant cardamine cartels and infected personnel exploiting the Gallic incursion into California as a means of perforating the Liberty border regions. We can operate without the consent of the Navy, but our operational effectiveness would be reduced accordingly.

Better the liberty to disagree, than subjugation by the mindshare. The opportunities for collaborative intelligence exchange are extensive, but their prerequisite is a cessation of military adventurism. You have seen the points supporting us, and subjugating us, arrayed together. It is now our combined task to tip the scales.

Alalé.

Keep in touch, Commander.

The bion bows, chin high, heels pasted together, the comn link severing without another word.

- - - - SECURE TRANSMISSION INITIATED - - - -

COMM ID: Commander Avery Reeves
TARGET ID: ESRD reporting center; LIBCENTCOM
SUBJECT: Report and Archive
ENCRYPTION: APOLLO
PRIORITY: HIGH

initializing image feed...
no image feed available...

[--------------------------------------------------------------]
[Image: mgasxy7.png]

Greetings, Templar.

I am indeed pleased that you kept your word Miss Khan and sent out this communique. The first steps to repairing a damaged relation is often just a few simple words, in your case, you've gone above that call and put together several points of interest and valid explanation. While I myself understand and sympathize with the Battlegroup, I will attempt to lobby this to our respective representatives. And just like I promised you in return for files pertaining to specific research, should you check your neural-net database, you'll find a new file entirely. The research I've enclosed within it is far from threatening and never will be, it's merely a means of detection as well as potential reversal techniques for incubi based infection. There are numerous intricacies and complex variables associated with cases of infection, while we've observed numerous subjects, all but one have ultimately been sentenced to termination. This one anomaly is a case wherein the subject successfully regurgitated the incubi and has resumed active service. You'll find all the necessary research, scanning techniques and even examples of the neural anomaly that can be observed are all enclosed within this file. I hope it can be of some use to you.

Commander Reeves, over and out.

Important: This communication remains the property of the Liberty Defence Forces and is subject to the jurisdiction of the Neural Net Communications Act 807A.S, Section 30. If you have received this message in error, you are requested to contact the sender and delete the communication.

- - - - SECURE TRANSMISSION TERMINATED - - - -

[Image: xzKPUQu.jpg?1]

[Image: ben-bickle-scifi-containers-2.jpg?1410528565]

All data packages recovered, Commander Reeves. No bugs, malware or tracking software in package either - ESRD gets a bonus on that one. Give me sufficient time and I may yet be able to persuade my superiors we’re entirely on the level with each other.

The transmitted screening data is invaluable. There are post xenowar human analysis tests in here from tens of thousands of incubi, with sufficient gene type variance to cover the vast spectra of humanity. On behalf of all the field personnel you saved through this transfer, Auxesia thanks you, Commander. If this anomaly can be biologically replicated, then it could represent a potential immunity to the infection - at least, until the K’hara adapt accordingly. We are in a biological arms race, Commander - one we intend to win. One we will win.

Unfortunately, whilst the data I -could- provide to you is manifold, I cannot entrust potentially compromising files to the Liberty Navy without seeing our side of the bargain ratified. If we are to capitalise on our relationship and exchange tactically significant data, I need a ceasefire, Reeves. Until that point, I’m exchanging secrets with active combatants. You understand what that means for both of us, in both of our services - especially pertinent is the data I enclosed to you within our direct communication. If you want even part of that officially, you need to help me heal the rift between us. There’s only so much I can do from my side of the gate.

What I can offer you is detailed information upon the nature of Azurite gas. As discussed within our dialogues, Azurite is the anti-rejective bonding agent critical to the K’hara supra-evolutionary process, and the missing neurone within hybridisation science for the last twenty years. At best, humans have been able to create only the crudest of imitations of K’hara technology, and often for the most tactically inflexible of causes - weapons, guns, shields, cloaking devices, cloaking disruptors, blink drives. Human K’hara fusion has been the technological miracle of the post nomad war, yet its ability to offer service to the masses is severely restricted by the vast amount of loriclytic material required to splice even the most simplistic formats of biomachinery. It is the equivalent of attempting to mend a brain with skin cells.

An attachment to a report, written by myself, upon the subject is enclosed. Currently this data, whilst academically insightful, has little use without the provision of a source. Auxesia has the ability to provide such a service.

We have the ability to save humanity from the light, Commander. Such service always falls upon the shoulders of soldiers.

For the Republic.
- - - - SECURE TRANSMISSION INITIATED - - - -

COMM ID: Commander Avery Reeves
TARGET ID: ESRD reporting center; LIBCENTCOM
SUBJECT: Report and Archive
ENCRYPTION: APOLLO
PRIORITY: HIGH

initializing image feed...
no image feed available...

[Image: mgasxy7.png]

Greetings, Templar.

A request towards a ceasefire between the Republic's armed forces and the Battlegroup has been made by me personally. I have made all the necessary points that were possible and have even argued on behalf of the Battlegroup that although this change is sudden and of rather great magnitude, the ramifications of throwing away this offer of neutrality may be more than we can handle. I can only hope that the necessary people in charge will see reason and understand that if a way to do this independently was possible, it would have been done. We simply do not have the time or the resources to do this alone anymore, the days of Liberty being at the forefront of Sirius' technological race are long gone, if this request is granted, let's see to it that this changes for the betterment of the Republic.

Commander Reeves, over and out.

Important: This communication remains the property of the Liberty Defence Forces and is subject to the jurisdiction of the Neural Net Communications Act 807A.S, Section 30. If you have received this message in error, you are requested to contact the sender and delete the communication.

- - - - SECURE TRANSMISSION TERMINATED - - - -

[Image: latest?cb=20120218185401&path-prefix=de][Image: rheinland_freelancer___flag_by_neethis.png][Image: latest?cb=20110801072539][Image: latest?cb=20110801144857]

[Image: 571684_1406321100.jpg]

You almost have Khan smiling, almost. Perhaps its just the luminosity levels of her eyes heightening as she glares out of the blackness surrounding her - but she seems genuinely pleased with you. Pleased for the future.

Cosmic vacuum prevents us from shaking hands, Commander Reeves, but I hope the sentiment stands on its own. As a diplomat, I cannot remain hopeful in matters of negotiation - it demands much from people to come to concurrence, or to shift any attitude from one of known strife to comfortable amicability. It's in our nature to prefer a known war to an unknowable peace, and if your superiors find our terms unconscionable then we can both rest easy in the understanding that we have done everything that could be done.

On your end you've been nothing but eager to come to a common ground, Reeves, and I couldn't think of a negotiator who could have filled your shoes and still reached the same endgame. You challenged us, you challenged me, but you never sought to dictate downwind. God willing, we've all had a teachable experience today.

Allah Ysallmak, Avery. We await the fruits of our labours, if any have ripened, from your superiors.