Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: "Clementine" From: Thomas Sub: Dear John
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
You're going to say this is silly.

But I don't think it would be respectful. To up and vanish on someone, anyone. Spending as much time here as you do and sharing what you did with me you're probably the only one in this universe I do owe explanations to.

I don't want you to leave. Your at home, you help those that wander in better than the acolytes and the windcallers. They do follow your lead, they look up to you as many of them were under your wing before I came there.

Your resolve, your wisdom, and well. You know where this goes.

There are no snowflakes in the vast ocean. Just memories. You know how many choose the ocean who aren't ready for it... You're probably the only one I ask they speak to before making the decision... You are the single most definite example of uniqueness in this twisted bodies life. And that is what must speak to the mind that is about to leap into eternity.

To live on as I have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment.

We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal.

You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received.

Love to the mortal is a special love, conditional fickle, and selfish. But perfect in its own way.

It is not the cold all inclusive affection of the macrocosm to ask you to become as Me and love as we do would destroy everything that makes you wonderful.

Good bye My Clementine.

p.s. My copy of Stranger is still by the flower vase. I think you should keep it... Hardcovers are nearly impossible to find and really it should stay with someone who appreciates it.