Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Rusot: Reality Check
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Stuck in a Cryo pod, still sleeping, Rusot is having nightmares about his past, The Coalition was closing in on the outpost of Ragnaris on Mars where Rusot was stationed before the final call for his departure was called to board the Hispanic sleeper ship.

Rusot was in the middle of a disastrous battle against the forces of the Coalition, explosions going off everywhere on the right side and those explosions are getting closer and Rusot a Sergeant in the conscripted service working for the Alliance as a commander of his forces has seen defeat after defeat in recent campaigns. Rusot was chatting to someone on the Holo communications display.

"Your telling me that the alliance has failed to protect their own fortress of Aldrin from the Coalition?"
"Yes Sergeant. It is a dark day for everyone."
"Great.." as Rusot puts hands on his hips and looks around bemused by this development when suddenly the holocommunicator cuts off and an explosion goes off not much more than 50 feet from Rusot and his temporary command center. A badly injured man caught in the explosion flies and lands nearby as his weapon hits the roof of the temporary command post with such force it is buried half way in and sticking out the other side pointed against the wall near the holo.

"Medic!" Rusot calls out.
A Medical officer arrives to do what he can, but the man is badly injured with blackened skin from the explosive, partially burned and bleeding from several areas.
The Medical officer looks at Rusot "Sir, he's not going to make it". Rusot stood up and looked around for a moment, then pulled out his gun and loaded it up as it made a humming noise.
"Stand clear." as the various people around the body moved out the way, Rusot fired a round into the badly injured marine and dropped his weapon as the toll of war had almost consumed him.
"Sir, please look at me." as the Medical officer rushed over to check on Rusot. Noticing Rusot was almost in shock, mostly through despair of his actions.
After a few minutes the coalition forces ran over the side of the trenches and saw Rusot and several marines and a medical officer attending to him.

The Battle was lost, it was no thanks to a traitor whom Rusot knew well is what is the cause of Rusot's issues. The Coalition officer pointed in several directions as several marines behind that officer ran off in their directions, the officer walked a few paces forward and took off his helmet as the broken Alliance marines and medical officer looked at the officer. The Traitors face was revealed. He was smiling in seeing how disabled Rusot is at this time.

The Officer pushed the Medical officer aside and looked into Rusot's vacant eyes, then slapped him on the face a few times to pull him out of this trance. Rusot came around to see his former friend looking at him closely wearing coalition armour. The Officer then stood up properly.

"Well, i never thought i would see the day where i would get to kill my old friend, you see, you are not the only person whom i knew in my old life that i have killed recently. This pathetic Alliance is finished! The remaining hold outs on Mars will be overran by sheer numbers before the week is out." As the officer continued to smile, very happy with himself for switching sides and showing pride in being a Coalition officer.

Rusot recollected his thoughts and composure while the officer was talking to him.
"I wouldn't count out the alliance just yet, we maybe --" As Rusot was rudely interrupted as an Alliance command ship from in orbit came crashing down several hundred miles away, it would take minutes for it to fully come to a rest and it continued traveling across the surface of Mars and came to a rest a few miles past where the Alliance command post was. During the eventual stop of the ship, several thousand Coalition marines and war machines were crushed in the frenzied panic trying to get away from the wreck.

In the chaos of the ship wreck, Rusot and his medical officer and 2 marines picked up their weapons and ran for it. One was gunned down in the back by a Coalition marine next to the Coalition officer. As the three men ran through the trenches, past hundreds of dead Alliance marines, they made it to an escape shuttle. Before the shuttle gained much altitude the medical officer had his back to an open area of the shuttle that was not closed properly as he attended to the last marines injuries, suddenly a hole appeared near his heart as he looked around in shock for a moment and dropped out the shuttle back first. The injured Marine quickly closed the door. Rusot grew very angry with this in knowing it was his former friend who shot that medic.

"I have had it with him!" as Rusot turned the shuttle around and engaged the weapons system on the shuttle and aimed the shuttle at the officer. Rusot fired the guns, as the rounds landed on the surface which instantly killed the Coalition officer and a number of his guard before blasting off out of the atmosphere, however being pursued by Coalition fighters. Rusot managed to keep ahead of the fighters as he got into orbital space of Mars, to his surprise the Alliance and Coalition were still fighting in orbit but the Alliance was losing badly. The Coalition had three times the amount of ships the Alliance had in this engagement. Rusot flipped a few switches in the shuttle cockpit.

"This is Sergeant Rusot of the Alliance conscription service, 113th Panther unit. Please respond." All Rusot got was static as his shuttle was struck several times by the enemy fighters weapons. The shuttle was damaged as Rusot began evasive maneuvers. However Rusot has not had much experience flying shuttles for very long and eventually the shuttle was struck by more fighter weapons fire once again as the ship was hit in the power systems, without power the ship drifted. Luckily the life support systems are on independent power systems.

The damaged shuttle was missed by the enemy fighters without a signature to track. The shuttle drifted around slowly until the fight was in view, the Alliance and Coalition ships had stopped firing, unsure what was going. a few moments later and the Coalition forces had completely surrounded the remaining ships. Then the Coalition opened up with everything on the remaining alliance ships.

The Shuttle was struck by a piece of battle debris after a few minutes of quiet reflection on the loss of Mars. Rusot was very groggy as he attempted to wake up and noticed himself going through a passageway with several medical personnel in view before he fell unconscious again.

Rusot awoke in a hospital bed on Earth and in an underground base as he saw 5 large sleeper ships being prepped out his window. The hospital room was well lit and spacious, he got up out of his bed and looked out on the ships. A female nurse walked in.
"Hello there. I am just going to make sure that you are well enough to be put into a cryogenic tray" as Rusot looked over at her and nodded.
The Nurse ran some tests and used a few medical devices and a few minutes later "Okay sir, you are fit to travel. In a few minutes you will be called through the speaker there to the Hispania where you will be sleeping for several centuries."
"Sleeping?"
"Yes sir, your old life is behind you now, in order to make a new life elsewhere in space, space travel will take a while. I will not be going because i swore to die on Earth rather than running away to a new place where this whole mess could start up again." As Rusot scrolled his eyes from one side to the other and half shrugged with a facial expression of a forced smile. The Nurse walked out of the room. Rusot once again looked out on the sleeper ships.
The loud speaker called out: "ALLIANCE CONSCRIPT, SERGEANT RUSOT. PLEASE REPORT TO THE SLEEPER SHIP, HISPANIA" As Rusot had butterflies in his stomach, as he walked out and down the corridor, his stomach almost tied itself in knots as Rusot got more nervous and exhilarated at the same time. After walking through several corridors, he was on the gantry heading to the Hispania as he looked around and could see thousands of people in lines heading into the Liberty and Rhineland sleeper ships.

Rusot entered into the Hispania and was immediately knocked out by an instant injection, he woke up in a cryo pod with a mask attached to his face as he felt the ship shaking. Then all of a sudden he felt a very strong vibration as almost as if the engines of the sleeper ship were engaged as the cryo pods protective casing came down and Rusot fell a sleep moments later.
Rusot awoke from this Cryo pod, in a laboratory, the floor had lights that were almost blinding with a circular outline and a cross through the middle of the floor which was made from polished stone, the rest of the floor was thick glass. From above there are old fashioned hanging lights with very bright light bulbs with only the upper ceiling shrouded in darkness, around the room there were bright displays, various noises as Rusot's hearing quickly returned. Dizziness set in quickly due to returning to life from a frozen state in addition to the technology, Rusot managed to extricate himself from the breathing mask and stumble out the pod and land on his knees and hands as he threw up.

After a few moments to himself, he wiped his mouth with the side of his right hand and stood up. Rusot suspiciously looked around with a lot of caution. after wondering around the various displays, he saw double doors closed, the only way out. Rusot opened the door and saw two passage ways and looked down both of them, he left his room wearing nothing but white boxer shorts, still a little cold from the defrosting phase. He continued to carefully make his way down a corridor and found a set of janitors overalls and a set of boots in an unlocked room.

Meanwhile back in the defrosting room, a young woman with blonde hair was reading a chart, she was reading the second page while holding the first with her left hand. She didn't think to look around, she sat down at her desk and then looked up after finishing the report. her facial expression is one of shock as her mouth hit the floor before gathering up her senses up on looking at an empty pod with steam coming out of it. She immediately took her black thick rimmed glasses off and put them in her white overcoat pocket as she left the room in the same direction Rusot left in.

Meanwhile Rusot being a former soldier, he managed to sneak past a few people without being detected in a very large glass building with a stunning view of a planet with little atmosphere as he could see a planet nearby against the blackness of space above. It was clear to Rusot his travel was a success. He looked out for a few more seconds seeing building that looked of Spanish/Italian designs to them. By the time he was ready to move on, a persons hand grabbed the top of his shoulder, he grabbed that persons arm instinctively and dragged this person into his view. That young woman found her patient.

"Who are you?" as he eased off seeing the young woman was a little startled and a little scared right at that moment.
She got to her glasses in her white overcoat pocket and put them on, with some confidence "I am Doctor Luisa Corrano, i am the person assigned to you until you are ready to leave the confines of this planet and become a free man.", Rusot loosened his grip of Luisa's arm and then let her free. Rusot looked around into space again.
"So, all this out there can be explored without shooting at each other?" Rusot wondered over the nearest handrail and grabbed it with both hands tightly in an expression of anger "I find it hard to believe that Humanity has found it's way past itself, i mean the reason for the sleeper ships was to get away from this chaos."

After a few moments past an awkward silence, Luisa explained "I'm afraid Humans are still shooting at each other in space. In Liberty there are the rogues, the hackers. In Bretonia it's the Mollys and the Gaians. In Kusari it's the Blood Drag..." as Luisa was cut off by Rusot "Nothing changes!" as Rusot shakes his head in disgust. "You would of thought that we would of learned from the Coalition attacks on the Alliance however long ago it was, that we could of gotten past this." As Rusot turns around and rests up against the handrail with his arms folded. "I was involved in so much fighting the last few years before the Alliance fell, i was a conscripted soldier and those were desperate times. Everyone was doing some very distasteful things for their faction, some very horrible things.." As Rusot put his hand on his mouth for a moment as Luisa looks at Rusot, Rusot at this point is seething with anger.

Luisa responds In a soft tone,"I am very sorry for what has happened to you. Also for the record as you would say, it has been 800 years since that time." as she comes over to put her arm around Rusot to help him out. The Two of them started walking back to the room with the cryo pod. Rusot looked on slightly amused by the truth as his anger had subsided, "800 years.. huh. Well then, i have a lot of history to catch up on. Tell me more Miss Corrano." As Luisa takes her arm off Rusot and opens the door with both of them stepped through to a narrow passage.

"The Year is 820 A.S. or After Settlement and there is so much to talk about that it would take hours of explaining..." As the two of them continued walking down the corridor..
Rusot was in a corridor with Doctor Corrano marching towards a docking port for their transport out of Outcast space up on learning that there is a confirmed connection between the K'hara and Outcasts, it was better to be safe than sorry. As the both of them were walking down the corridor, Doctor Corrano wearing a suit and high heels as she making a lot of noise with the heels crashing down each time when she walked as Rusot was wearing a gray turtleneck jumper and a black jacket with dark blue pants and boots. Both of them were a little nervous and Doctor Corrano was a bit paranoid as she looked around often. With a hurried reaction both of them kept walking.

"..So these creatures, these are what you call Nomads?" as Rusot grabs the device that showed a Nomad ship that Elisa was holding.
"Yes, this is one of them. I think we should talk about it on the transport." as the Doctor was looking around but she feels as if there were eyes watching her.
The both of them make it on the transport as the transport takes off and after a few hours traveling, they left Outcast space as the Doctor starts to relax.

On the transport the two of them talk about events for the recent past. both sat in chairs next to a window looking out into pitch black space.
"You have been very nervous since before the Nomad connection was made in public. Is there something wrong, Doctor?" as Elisa looks at Rusot more seriously than she had in recent months.
"After several months of getting to know you, a patient shouldn't be asking me how i feel." in a rather aggressive snappy comment which was very unusual for Doctor Corrano.
"Doctor, what is going on?" as earnestly as possible while looking at the Doctor just as seriously. Doctor Corrano starts fidgeting a bit, she clearly wants to say but something is stopping her from blurting it out. After a few moments to build up her courage she looks at Rusot again.
"The Nomad connection goes deeper than you realize, Rusot. You see there are Nomad agents already in several of the Outcast people you met the previous few weeks which is why there is no hostility for now." Rusot guesses on something he long suspected about the good Doctor since he met her.
"Are you one of these Nomad Agents?" as Elisa quickly responds with a laugh.
"Correct, i am a Nomad agent. I wanted you to meet my friends because as one of the original people from Earth, you know a lot more than we do, thanks to you, we now have an accurate assessment of your infestation on this area of space which was originally meant for our people." As someone grabs Rusot from behind as the hands pushed down on both shoulders to keep him held in the seat as the Doctor opens her mouth as a long reddish tongue like organism appears out of her mouth with several slits on the front of it. the front of the tongue opens up as several smaller organic grabbers caught Rusot in the face. just as soon as it happened the grabbers went back into this tongue as it retreated back to the Doctors mouth as the hands holding Rusot in place were suddenly removed as Rusot fell unconscious.

Rusot woke up on the transport as it had already landed on planet Erie, unbeknownst to Rusot, there was a Nomad creature inside of him that was developing and it was not far from waking up and taking over his control due to the grabbers implanting the Nomad genetic code inside of him.
After getting up out of the chair and looking around, the transport was empty and lifeless with a nearby door open. Rusot stepped outside as the bright light almost overwhelmed his vision at first stepping out of a dimly lit transport. Rusot walked over a bridge to a nearby building and managed to get some temporary accommodations.

After two nights on planet Erie the Nomad inside him woke up and attempted to take control of Rusot which immediately woke him up. Due to the soldiers discipline he managed to just avert the Nomad from controlling him, however a few minutes later and the Nomad had taken control. Rusot himself was watching as the Nomad had taken control as the vision of Rusot had changed and could see the gravity of the planet, the movement of the oxygen particles, heat signatures and so on.

The Nomad heads to the console in this rented room and types in a long string code and sends it out along the high powered communications grid. A few seconds later and a code returns that informs the Nomad that it has it's mission:
1. To shuttle people and cargo around and infect as many people and pieces of cargo as possible
2 up on completion of it's task it would finally reach it's true purpose to return to it's people and be rewarded with a place in the ranks of the Nomads or the Wild.

Rusot had been given limited control of his body however the creature inside of him would no let him do anything that would cause trouble for it. Rusot had the urge to buy a ship and begin his journey, in the process of buying the ship, he attempted to resist but was unable to due to the influence the Nomad has as it quickly forced Rusot to buy the ship. Just as Rusot got into the ship he bought, he received a vision which had Doctor Corrano in it in a bright whitish pink background that goes on forever in all directions.

"You are one of us now, you can not resist us, you either accept our gift to you or watch as he uses you to his own purpose. I would tell you to accept and become friends with the Nomad inside you because he will not let you go willingly." as the Doctor smiles, the vision suddenly stops in a flash of light as Rusot regains limited control to see his ship in space next to a trade lane ring in orbit of planet Erie.
Liberty Security Force, Intelligence Report: #75
Dated: 26/01. 824 A.S.

Name: Heinrich Von Staffenclaus
Nickname: Rusot (Always chooses the Nickname as identification)
Age: 36 years, 5 months old. (Cryogenics included: approximately 840 years old)
Born: Earth. Germany, Berlin.
Residence: Planet Manhattan, Liberty City
Nationality: German/Rhinelander
Parents:
Father - Willem Von Staffenclaus (Dead)
Mother: Freda Von Staffenclaus (Née: Heimst) (Dead)
Siblings:
Sister - Angela Greisl (Née: Von Staffenclaus) (Dead)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Approximately at 20:20 hours on the 25th of the first month of 824 A.S. Rusot was observed leaving his ship, after a confirmation of an Nomad outbreak in Liberty space, Rusot has been observed doing something to cargo containers when they are offloaded to the docks which we regard as highly suspicious behavior. As a result Rusot has been placed under High threat level with constant surveillance on his movements when he is in Liberty space.

Our intelligence contacts tell us that Rusot maybe trading more cargo from Planet Manhattan to somewhere in Rhineland space, however we have no details on this due to the Rhineland cracking down on any spying activities within the last 20 years since the end of the Nomad war.

When we have identified the cargo Rusot has delivered into our space, our agents go silent and remain silent after several days when in direct contact with the Cargo units, none the less the Cargo is emptied and sold on.

It is my recommendation that Cargo from Rusot's deliveries be screened for Nomad life signs and if detected, Rusot should be immediately found and locked up in a special facility in Alaska.

LSF Special Operative: Darrow
ID: Gold 7-5.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Liberty Security Force, Intelligence Report: #76
Dated: 02/02. 824 A.S.

At 13:30 hours after scanning the Cargo we have concluded nothing within regards to the Nomad outbreak, either Rusot knows we are scanning his cargo and makes sure the shipping crates are not infested which means there is a leak in the LSF, or he could be possessed by such a creature so it could find out pretty quickly by other means or our scanners can not pick up the Nomad life signs on our scanners specifically designed to pick up such life signs. Whatever the case, Rusot has escaped our sting operation. Mission failure on this front.

However our other operation has learned of something significant that may indicate that Rusot could be infested by a Nomad. our small piece of evidence is being analyzed in a lab right now.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Liberty Security Force, Intelligence Report: #81
Dated: 14/04. 824 A.S.

We have confirmed that Rusot is under official investigation as results conclusively confirm that a Nomad has infested Rusot. As we know from previous encounters, dealing with a possessed human is very difficult to take down, even repeated energy rounds won't stop a possessed human from coming back. As we speak the LSF and LPI are planning to deal with this threat in a coordinated attack when the time is right to do so. In the meanwhile Rusot's activities will be constantly monitored and his cargo is constantly quarantined, scanned, checked thoroughly and decontaminated to make sure it is all clean.

LSF Operations Commander: Kannar
ID: Black 11-6.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Liberty Security Force, Intelligence Report: #83
Dated: 25/04. 824 A.S.

Our plan has been scrapped as Rusot has stopped shipping cargo and changed ship to a liner. At 10:55 on the 25th of the fourth month, Our operatives in space have fined Rusot for the use of an illegal ship above Planet Manhattan earlier in the day, he then promptly bought a new ship at the DSE Shipyard in New York after offloading his last cargo haul. Our reports show that Rusot is now loading up on Libertonian socialites, thousands of people. His destination is somewhere in Rhineland as our spies were only able to reach as far as Texas before we lost his Liner.

However a few hours later he returned but instead of heading to Planet Manhattan as we were expecting, Rusot instead landed on Planet Pittsburgh, unfortunately we have no way to know at that moment if he had people on that liner or more cargo. Our intelligence operation has just gotten a lot more complicated.

821 A.S. Omicron Iota.

On a nomad station out in Omicron Iota, named Dur-Shurrikun by Humans who have ventured far enough to find the station. Walking on a platform is Doctor Corrano who stands in a circular opening, a force field goes up as the Incubus detaches itself from the host and crawls to a nearby incubus shaped opening which the alien creature sat in, the host body remains alive and motionless in stasis. The creature joins in a communal interactive reality that the creatures can communicate with the nomad ships and any other type of nomad presence, including the wild and the various factions in Alaska and elsewhere. This is how it interacted with Rusot through the creature within.

The alien creature recreated it's appearance as Doctor Corrano as several others recreated their own preferred appearance in a white-pink endless background. Three other Nomads appear in the communication. One is a Kusari man wearing a Blood Dragons uniform, another is a white female wearing a Colonial uniform and finally the last is a tanned female wearing an Outcast uniform.

"How go our plans?" As the virtual Doctor Corrano remarks.
"Our plans are on track with our projections, thanks to your infiltration of Skiros Station in Corsair space and the Santa Verna base in Outcast space where you found another way to infiltrate Liberty and Rhineland space, we now have little use for the Outcasts. However, keeping a temporary truce would be beneficial to rebuild our numbers up." as the virtual Female Outcast mentioned with her short raven hair, almost messy looking, she looked young.
"The Blood Dragons are completely predictable, their motives were not especially difficult to understand, they want freedom for the Kusari people but they are treated like terrorists. I have already completed a few advanced plans on how to deal with them should a new way be required. Lord Hakkera is the key to this plan." As the middle aged man with squinting looking looked at others, with short jet black hair with the impressive looking Blood dragons armour. He looked to the remaining nomad to speak.
"The Colonial Military are developing a new colony between Gallia, Kusari and Bretonia. This is in line with our predicted expectation, thanks to the expert manipulation of another agent on the Gallian royal court, our agent managed to convince the Gallians to force the Colonials out of the Tau system and into Coronado. My efforts have been fairly easy to manipulate the Colonial Military to take it's time to relocate and rebuild, however it was foolish to build in a system with direct connection to the wild system. It will be easy to invade from this area, it will take the Coalition a long time to be a threat, so we can take our time if needed." as the colional woman with red hair looks at Doctor Corrano with her piercing blue eyes.
"Fantastic." As the Doctor looked on the faces of her nomad friends and continued, "My recent infiltration into Liberty and Rhineland has been far better than expected thanks to our newest addition, Heinrich Von Staffensclaus who didn't take much convincing to get close contact to implant a new incubus--" as the Kusari man immediately interrupted and put his hand out with a closed palm.
"This Heinrich, what is the instruction has he been given?" as the doctor looked slightly irritated and responded, "Please do not interrupt next time. To answer your question, Heinrich's incubus as been given instruction to infest cargo for now with highly infectious spores for now as a transport captain, in the future Heinrich will infect thousands of people within Liberty and Rhineland space as a carrier on Liners." They looked at each other.

After a few moments of no interaction, a yellow field of energy appeared around the Kusari man as he spoke, "We Endorse Hienrich as a whole entity along with the incubus as one, he is a Nomad."
Another yellow field appears around the coalition woman as she raised her head and spoke, "We Endorse Heinrich and incubus as a Nomad."
Doctor Corrano has a yellow field around her and spoke "Heinrich is a nomad." almost as soon as the three votes were counted the four of them flashed into another place, a nomad dreadnought appeared in a virtual construct of space with the station in the background.
The Nomad ship mentioned "Instructions have been sent to this "Heinrich", however that communication will be delayed before reaching it's destination until four infestation years from now. The Infestation in our space must be exterminated."

As the virtual reality ended as the Incubus climbed out of the opening and scuttled back to the body in stasis as it latched on to the exposed back of the Doctors body, the Incubus placed itself back into the slot on the back and plugged itself into the brain with a thin tongue and the rest of it connected to the spine, the Incubus healed up the fresh wounds on the sides of the back, as the body was taken out of stasis as the doctor dropped on to her knees "what a horrible nightmar--" as the host spoke for a moment as the nomad reasserted control of the host body and then stood up and walked away, she stopped and looked out a window, she saw a Nomad ship orbiting the station as the doctor smiled and then her eyes glowed pink for a few moments.