Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: =LSF=
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
- - - - - INCOMING TRANSMISSION - - - - -

SENDER ID: LTCDR Kelly O'Brien ::: Liberty Navy, Second Fleet, Battlegroup Harmony
RECEIVER ID: =LSF= Liberty Security Force
SENT ON: 30 (Sunday) ::: 07 (July) ::: 823
SUBJECT: Infected personnel.
ENCRYPTION: HIGH
PRIORITY: MEDIUM

----------

This is Lieutenant Commander Kelly O'Brien of the Battlegroup Harmony,

The current situation left many of us in the dark about how something like this could happen. By now we know of the infected and we now see that it has to be the Navy being infiltrated. But we have no experience with this. How do we identify an infected person? Is a person like that behaving oddly? Suspicious? I am certain you have more experience in this and I would request you inform us of methods to uncover these people.

We need to know who we can trust outside of our Battlegroup and the LSF.

Thank you.

End of message,

Kelly O'Brien
Lieutenant Commander, Second Fleet, Battlegroup Harmony

- - - - - TRANSMISSION TERMINATED - - - - -
[Image: hleth6y.gif]

COMM ID: Agent Marshall
TARGET ID: Return Ping
ENCRYPTION: SEVERE
SUBJECT: Re: Infected Personnel

FILE CONTENT BEGINS

Lieutenant Commander,

As I've already explained to one of your pilots, there is no foolproof method of identifying a compromised and infested element if it is disguised to a sufficient degree. The most common anomaly is a malfunctioning and/or scrambled IFF tone - but given the number of other factors that can affect transponder software, this is not reliable. That said, in the current climate, I advise you to err on the side of caution, as it is considered unlikely that any infiltrating element would have visible signs of Nomad tissue or influence visible to a standard ship borne scanner.

In the event of contact with forces that can be confirmed as hostile alien elements, you and your group are advised to break contact immediately and alert Kodiak central. If combat itself is inevitable, however, standard Security Force protocol mandates the total and wholesale destruction of the vessel in question, as well as any apparent life pods or remaining debris.

Lastly - you can trust no-one outside those elements who have been cleared as free from contamination or infection. With each passing minute, it grows more and more likely that the plague gripping the First and Fifth fleets is worsening - and with that, so too will their erratic behaviour and paranoia. Even those men and women free from any overt Nomad influence will likely be caught up in their own fears, doubts, and insecurities, and you are therefore advised to exercise extreme caution when dealing with government-affiliated forces at this present time.

-Agent Marshall

FILE CONTENT ENDS

[Image: 6tGewOB.gif]
- - - - - INCOMING TRANSMISSION - - - - -

SENDER ID: LTCDR Kelly O'Brien ::: Liberty Navy, Second Fleet, Battlegroup Harmony
RECEIVER ID: =LSF= Liberty Security Force
SENT ON: 10 (Wednsday) ::: 08 (August) ::: 823
SUBJECT: Infected personnel.
ENCRYPTION: HIGH
PRIORITY: MEDIUM

----------

This is Lieutenant Commander Kelly O'Brien of the Battlegroup Harmony,

I understand, Agent. We will follow your advice and will do our best to not let this menace spread any further. I believe Knight was already onto something and that is why they catched her. Now we are prepared.

I'll report any suspicious behaviour to Kodiak or- well we will take the enemy out.

Thank you again Agent.

End of message,

Kelly O'Brien
Lieutenant Commander, Second Fleet, Battlegroup Harmony

- - - - - TRANSMISSION TERMINATED - - - - -