Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Marisa Marshall ; Subject: [Enclosed Within]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
- - {Transmission Initiated} - -

[COMM-ID]: ESRD Identity Confirmed - Operative Sentinel
[RECEIVER-ID]: Agent Marisa Marshall - Liberty Security Force
[SUBJECT]: Something's Not Right

[PRIORITY]: Alpha - High
[ENCRYPTION]: Athena - Absolute

Hello, Ms. Marshall.

While I'm aware this isn't what you may have expected in your message box, do note that I wouldn't be sending if the situation didn't demand it.

As of now, I'm sure you've heard the cries from within the LSF about the Navy being infected. While I can assure you this notion is both fabricated and confirmed to be, I know that my saying it alone is subject to question. This business concerning the Harmony, however, does appear to be part of a much larger picture, and I'm concerned that it is not for the best interest of Liberty in any form.

If at all possible, I'd like to arrange a meeting. I know that your peers and mine may not have the same views, but the LSF and the Navy have both worked tirelessly to keep this nation going. If Admiral Jones can consider you a friend and associate, then I can as well, and I know we both just want this whole thing to end.

I'll leave this channel open so that we can finalize this meeting, or so you can tell me to sod off. Either way, I'm wishing us both the best of luck.

Don't get killed out there, Marshall. Liberty needs her heroes.

On point, and on guard.

-Sentinel.

- - {Transmission Terminated} - -
[Image: hleth6y.gif]

COMM ID: Agent Marshall
TARGET ID: Return Ping
ENCRYPTION: SEVERE
SUBJECT: Re: Something's Not Right

FILE CONTENT BEGINS

Operative,

Well, first thing's first - I've never really had much time for the ESRD, to tell you the truth. That said, I'm willing to take a punt that the Divison I remember might have pulled itself up by its socks in the months and years since my last contact with them - if anything, the fact that I've even been contacted like this shows some promise, at the very least.

How familiar are you with Nomad infestation, operative? You can assure me of all you want, but all that tells me is that you have a personal conviction that it's true - it doesn't assuage my doubts in the least. Unless you have incontrovertible evidence at hand - which is something that's pretty hard to get a hold of, given the subject matter - you'll have to forgive me for sticking with Security Force policy on that matter. From the sounds of it, though, you're already more than aware of how I can't take you at face value.

As for the Harmony and its battlegroup - well, I'm sure you have your own information at hand about them, and you'll have to forgive me for being with unable and somewhat unwilling to provide you with any of the details I have here. I wouldn't doubt that there's more to this whole 'incident' than one dreadnought and her support wing, though, so you and I agree on that at the very least. The only difference is that I would guess that we have differing ideas as to how to fill in the blanks.

If you're going to arrange a meeting, then you're going to have to breach the perimeter I know you boys have set up near Juneau. I wouldn't advise doing it overtly or with anyone other than yourself in tow - I'm sure you've seen what our more zealous agents are capable of doing, considering we've all been backed into a corner. It won't do either of us any good to send more Navy pilots home in pods.

This evening would suit, within a few hours or so - the sooner the better, actually, since the longer we delay, the more this whole situation will escalate out of control. If that's not an option, then I'm open to alternatives. Time isn't on either of our sides, though, and it's moving as swiftly as ever.

-Agent Marshall

FILE CONTENT ENDS

[Image: 6tGewOB.gif]

SUBJECT: Worsening Situation

FILE CONTENT BEGINS

Operative,

I'm not sure how much luck you're having on your end of things - for all I know, I'm writing this to a man who's dead, or worse - but the skirmishes keep on breaking out. I've been busy stationside for the past few days, but my XO just took the Alconbury in from a routine patrol op and had her shunted straight into repairs. There's a hell of a lot more than routine maintenance going on down there, and the files I'm seeing indicate that she's been involved in a skirmish with a Naval capital taskforce no more than an hour ago - in close proximity to Kodiak, no less.

This whole mess is about to turn personal. My crew could have died out there, trying to stave off another incursion by the Navy as you poke the hornets' nest. I didn't pick up this line when I heard about the mess in Virginia, since I figured that my involvement wouldn't be either appreciated or, in the end, needed - but it looks like I'm having just as little luck crossing my fingers and hoping as you are actually getting things gone.

We need to cut the head off this thing now, operative, before it gets any worse. I don't know how I can convince you to convince the rest of them to leave well enough alone or outright come in, short of you letting us take you in first, but we have to figure something out before this blows up even further. Soon, it won't just be skirmishes in deep Alaska - it'll be a House-sized hotbed of chaos just begging the Gauls to walk in our front door.

I didn't start this war, Sentinel, but I'm damn well determined to finish it.

-Marshall

FILE CONTENT ENDS

- - {Transmission Initiated} - -

[COMM-ID]: ESRD Identity Confirmed - Operative Sentinel
[RECEIVER-ID]: Agent Marisa Marshall - Liberty Security Force
[SUBJECT]: RE: Worsening Situation

[PRIORITY]: Alpha - High
[ENCRYPTION]: Athena - Absolute

Marshall.

Firstly, I just want say that I'm not dead. While it may or may not come as a relief to you or yours remains to be seen, but I have been hard at work trying to solve this problem. Some things have come up as of late, and my hope is that they can help end this fighting before more needless loss of life happens.

Next, your thinking of this becoming more and more personal is a tragic understatement. I'm sorry for your crew, as well as your people, but over here isn't all sunshine and lollipops. The recent backlog we've had in progress, due in no small part to your friend Tracer and Director Adenauer, is becoming only more and more intrusive and frustrating.

However, I'll tell you this, as I'm not certain either Adenauer or Tracer would be willing to listen or go along with it, and as much as I respect Jones and Sader, I'm unsure if they'll be of any help. For the last few months, the Navy has been tracking a pilot of Battlegroup Harmony. While were unsure of their name, we are aware of this pilot's recent promotion to a higher position in the Battlegroup. This pilot, identified only by their callsign of 'Iota 5', was suspect of an attack against a Spa and Cruise liner in Texas.

I've sinse learned that this pilot is taking refuge with the LSF, and I have very good reason to believe that this pilot is a nomad infectee. While I can't claim for certain that I know, their actions, as well as... scans of their vessel and person, have somewhat confirmed our suspicions. At the very least, investigate this pilot yourself. I'd prefer if I could do it, but I'm not sure how any of the LSF would feel about an ESRD operative doing an investigation on a pilot allied to them.

Iota 5's actions alone warrant investigation. While I know that they've probably done some good for the LSF, I'm concerned that their help has only hindered our home as a whole.

Do what you can, Marshall. I would, but my occupation clearly keeps me from doing anything directly. Believe me, I hate this bloody xonflict as much as you do, but we can't leave out the possibility that both sides were hit.

On point, and on guard.

-Sentinel.

- - {Transmission Terminated} - -

SUBJECT: Re: Re: Worsening Situation

FILE CONTENT BEGINS

Sentinel,

As far as I'm aware, every member of the Battlegroup has gone through extensive checks, the same as all core LSF personnel. Whoever this 'Iota-5' is should have been among them, but I haven't seen the records myself. I'll see what I can do about double-checking the results on that end of things, though. If there's any irregularities - well, then, I guess you get to prove me wrong on one count.

That said, I don't think it's likely we'll turn anything up. If - or when - that turns out to be the case, I can only point you towards the Navy as being, seemingly, rife with infestation in and of itself. I hadn't spoken much with Admiral O'Neill even while I was still with the First Fleet, but the whole Virginia incident surrounding his death should raise just as many alarm bells with you as it does with me. You'll have to forgive my saying so, but it's mainly the Fifth Fleet that's shown the most overt signs of health in recent weeks - one of their detachments helped us bring down an infected cruiser, and the mere fact that it was their leadership targeted for assassination would suggest, to me, that our enemies have more to fear from them than the rest of you.

On that note, I don't know how you plan to deal with the captured Vice Admiral, and I don't want to preach the blindingly obvious to you, but if she hasn't been retrieved yet then it may already be too late. Even if the Navy were squeaky clean to begin with, you could start a whole fresh epidemic by having a rescue mission screw up.

Keep me posted, and in return I'll see what I can dig up on this Harmony pilot. I can't make you any promises, but I'm at least willing to look into your suspicions.

Oh, and by the way - agent Tracer is a valued colleague, and his heart's in the right place - but he's not my friend.

-Marshall

FILE CONTENT ENDS