Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Laowai admin poll
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
We haven't had new admin polls for quite a while now, after several new admins joined the team this spring/summer. Now, since DBoy and AC_Merc left and some of the other admins being busy with real life or mod development stuff, we need a few more people for the admin team.

The first candidate, as we all agreed, would be Laowai.

He was here for almost a year, and most of you probably know his name, plus, he agreed to take the responsibility related to the admin position.

Laowai wasn't the only one who was offered this opportunity, but others did not agree... which is, in my opinion, a good sign, for people started to understand better that being an admin is a duty in many more ways than a privilege. Time-consuming, sometimes dull, sometimes... well, most offenders say that they are completely innocent, and banned for personal/political/national/whatever reasons.

And we can't accept any admins who won't have time or willingness to do what the admins are supposed to do.

So, question is simple... do you agree with Laowai taking the admin position? or you do not. You may explain your votes or may not... I know that posting negative feelings against someone who gets majorly positive feedback, and vice versa, is a bit inconvenient.
Yes. He's very level headed. I believe he'll be a good addition to our shadowy cabal.
fine with me - i don t remember anything unreasonable from him. - he hasn t jumped on the bandwaggon of moods in the past - but also hasn t really participated in every important discussion.

i m not 100% sure if he s objective about every faction in the game but who is anyway.... so - from my pov, give it a try.
Good call. He's always seemed to be a rational and thoughtful person. I've no worries with him becoming an admin.
No problems at all with it. He seems like a good and most importantly honest guy. I vote Yes, for what it's worth
Definitely.

I believe that he is most reasonable and should make a good addition, and may manage to bring a somewhat different perspective to things, since I always see him as doing things a little different.
Absolutely - his Corsair is a beacon of light amidst the sea of lolwutting Gamma Praefects. Think he'd make a superb admin.
Good ol'Low? Hellyus. Would do an excellent job.

Psst, Lowai! We know where you live! -glare-
He has been a bit vocal on some of the issues in threads, but after getting this latest gaggle of admins (which all are vocal it seems and have done good job separating their admin and personal views) trail-balzing in that direction I have no reservations about the issue.

So. By all means select him. We need a guy who on for those weird time zones aka. Far East.
Absolutely. He's an upstanding fellow, quite rational and even tempered. I think he'd make a fine addition to the Admin team.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17