Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Fleet Admiral Alan Jones
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: Jrqcx68.png]

I'd rather be contacting you to tell you to leave my mother alone - instead you should have been closer - but the universe does not let me make social calls, Jones. No, this is a matter that is business. In any case....I am Jeremy Hunter. I assume Sentinel, and any other Navy officers we sent to West Point, have already told you about what happened.

Ever since the Nevada led your Navy into Major I have been wary of anything that could have slipped out. I have waited, and I have watched. And now, in the middle of the Liberty Civil War my fears are nearly confirmed. Today is not a good day for either of us, Jones. The Security Forces have turned on your at the precipice of your inspection of Harmony, and now the Battlegroup has sided with the LSF and seeks your eradication. It's almost as if history is repeating...oh. It is. Twenty three years ago the Nomads tried to set the Houses against each other, and now they seek to set each House against itself. Smaller scale, yet effective on a bigger one.

I believe, Alan, that Battlegroup Harmony was infiltrated by the Wild known as Division Nine - a section of the greater Infected threat that specifically is based around the Republic of Liberty. Through information gathered through a multitude of sources I have contacted throughout the past week, I have narrowed down the person I feel is the best candidate for being infected.

Back in April, the Harmony suffered an explosion that crippled her, forcing her to drydock. After this event, a Navy pilot who underwent extensive LSF Joint Training Operations, all classified, was transferred to Battlegroup Harmony - one "Emilia Young." She stood out due to the lack of physical - records show she has not had a physical exam performed by Battlegroup Harmony since her transfer. Not only is this a red flag, but the Battlegroup lists her as Iota-6. Reports from one OSC-Bali indicate that a vessel callsign "Iota 5" from BG-Harmony engaged, saying...well, some of the cheesiest lines I've heard in awhile. But the fact they claim Navy HIGHCOM ordered thousands to be murdered...well, I doubt my mother would ever had let that happen without a dishonorable discharge and court marshalling for assaulting a superior. But Iota 5...and Young is Iota 6.

Iota Wing clearly is a subject of interest. But is Iota Wing a thing? Does it exist, or is it two ships piloted by the same person? That is the worst part of this, we must wonder how deep this go. Because it gets worse.

The LSF engaged the Navy, attempting to seize control of the Harmony. Instead of attempting a joint venture, instead of letting it stay in-house or even contacting the Secretary of Defense, they go as far as to engage the Navy and cause this all to go to hell. Now, the best bit...and why I'm glad you guys never revoked my citizenship...is this gem.

Now, Alan, the one person not only I, but Commander Avery Reeves, have found to be suspicious...the one person who underwent Joint LSF operatons classified beyond what most could get, the one person who joined...there are people who are a part of Harmony who held higher ranks than Lieutenant, who were next in line. Instead, we find this "Emilia Young" not only a Captain, but calling for citizens to sabotage Navy operations, for citizens to rebel against the Navy. She has Harmony be the first to defect to the side of the Liberty Security Force, and now...

Well.

I wish I had more information, but those are files I cannot access. But you see what I am seeing now, Alan. A woman, jointly trained by the LSF in classified joint operations, a person who has not had a physical exam filed since joining the Battlegroup and who now, inexplicably, becomes a Captain - a Lieutenant, suddenly becoming a Captain - of an entire Battlegroup...who calls for citizens to sabotage the Navy. Who sides with the LSF, who were the first to be infected and turned during the First Nomad War.

History is repeating, Alan. History will repeat and Liberty will be in danger. I beg you to listen and heed my call - the Order will help. The Order has to help. If Liberty is to fall to the Nomads, to Gallia...if Liberty falls, then so does Bretonia. Rheinland. Kusari is torn asunder in war. Liberty cannot fall, Alan. And the Nomads know it. They know if they isolate you...if they destroy you...as long as Liberty is gone and the other Houses are preoccupied, then they are unopposed. Their mistake in the first war was trying to turn entire Houses against each other. Now, they turn Houses against themselves. Soon they will fan the flames of a new war, and as every House is slowly torn apart they will strike.

The time for fighting, the time for who is right or wrong...the time of pride is over. Liberty cannot control everything, nor should you. It is time, Alan, that we put aside our differences. Liberty has always been my home - a home I chose to fight for from the shadows. A home I refuse to lose to Gallia or the Nomads.

It is time for this to end, Alan. If we do not...then we all shall learn the hard way, the price of hubris.

- - - - - INCOMING TRANSMISSION - - - - -

Comm ID: FADM Alan Jones

Playback:

Colonel Jeremy Hunter if I'm correct. I was tempted to contact you as "Sentinel" had mentioned you in his report, but then this happened and i find myself with ever more trouble. You know, id never let Alexis, apparently your mother, to be captured or be hurt in any way. We take care of our men. Yet sadly all of it happened too suddenly before i could go in and interfere. I lost admiral O'Neill, an old friend going back all the way to the Rheinland war, and now Alexis being a "POW" at the hands of Adenauer's bloodhounds. I wont ever be able to accept O'Neill's death while I recomend the medals to be pinned at his chest or ever allow them to have Alexis. I just cant. We'll strike back and get her and our men back, you got a promisse on that. Now back to business;

Pride, Colonel Hunter is not to be confused with honor, valor and loyalty. That is what we claim to envourage in the Navy. Either way, it all makes sense now, if you look at it that way, yet the situation may perhaps not allow us to act boldly to the public. And hopefully for now the conflict is isolated within Alaska under the cover of Zone 21. We need to make contact with RADM Knight on that, as she's the only one that the battlegroup would listen to and believe, esoecially since it seems that Young has stepped up a rank or two.

The current situation looks rather grim and i already have something in mind, but before anything, what are you bringing on the table Colonel?

Fleet Admiral Jones, out.

- - - - - TRANSMISSION ENDED - - - - -

The pride I reference is the pride that Liberty thinks it knows everything. You do not know everything, and that is why Alexis now resides with the enemy. As long as you know that, then we have no problems, Admiral Jones.

As for what I can bring to the table - knowledge. Experience. There are many things the Houses do not know about the Nomads, or are just learning, that we have known for decades. We bring to the table weapons designed specifically for this conflict, Admiral. I have eyes and ears everywhere. And, I have my own forces I can offer. But to avoid needless bloodshed, those of Battlegroup Harmony and the LSF must be warned. We must prove to them that the Nomad infection is within their own ranks and controlling them.

So, Fleet Admiral.

Shall we end our useless feud and band together to end this infection, before the Nomad War repeats once more?

Fleet Admiral Jones,

Small query - What is the status of Battlegroup Alabama, and why was it in Magellan shooting one of my vessels?

Fleet Admiral Jones,

We've had our differences, but after a skirmish tonight I believe we have taken a step. One I hope you will see, as a step towards more than just cold neutrality.

Earlier today forces from both the Hellfire Legion and Battlegroup Auxesia attempted to destroy two of your dreadnoughts. Our vessel engaged Auxesia and managed to give your forces some breathing room, and I'd be...appreciative...if we can take this further. The Nomads are ever-growing, Admiral. You are not blind, not like the bureaucrats who control your Senate and your funding. We both know what this war demands for - we must look and admit neither side is a saint, but we have avoided and continue to avoid conflict with you. We are not your enemy, nor do we wish to be.

My men have taken the first step.

And once I compile my next file, I am sure we both can stand to sit down and discuss why being enemies is counterproductive.