Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Letter to Charlotte DeFrance
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: vector-fleur-de-lys-wax-seal-prev-by-dra...=495&h=495]
A royal courier greets you and hands you a letter.
You break open the seal and begin reading its contents.

To my sister, the Duchesse of Orleanais,

it's been a while since you've last visited Orleans or our Chateau. News reached me of your success against the Sirians, the people here have been cheering your name when the news showed footage of you personally participating in an assault and vanquishing Gallia's enemies so effortlessly. They mentioned that you already downed many dozens of their fighters and that you'll be awarded honours! If only I had the skills to learn to fly that well, I'd certainly try to join you. I hope you're going to get into a commander's chair and keep the DeFrance family true to its reputation!

While I'm happy that you're being so successful, sister, there's also something I would like to ask of you. I would have waited for you to return before asking this, but you seem to be so very busy:

While you're away, piles of work keep appearing for the Duchesse, and there's the fact that she is away. I took glances at what I could do to help with the work load, and it didn't take very long for me to adapt and start taking matters into my own hands. I wanted to say that I have finally recovered from the shock from the recent events that prevented me from taking my place of rule. While you were away, I've learned how to be a ruler more efficiently. The court was very helpful and supportive, it didn't take me that long at all! The issue now is that I did officially relinquish the title over to you, as you've suggested me do... That was probably the best choice, since I wasn't really capable of dealing with any of my responsibilities at that point. But now that I've managed to get back on my own two feet, I would like the title returned to me so that I may finally do what a DeFrance should be doing!

I know this is probably very sudden, as we haven't even seen each other in a long time - but believe me when I say I'm now more than capable of independently being a Duchesse. Orleanais is a beautiful system, and I will work hard for it to remain prospering! You'll give my title back to me, oui?

On an unrelated note, you should probably come visit Orleans whenever you're able. I'm sure the capital would like to throw a celebration for a war hero returning!

From your favourite sister,
Claire DeFrance
[Image: SRLln10.png]
Soon enough, the reply makes its way back from Leeds. The seal is near-identical, the companion of the one that graced the original message.

To my dearest little sister, the heiress to the Duchy of Orleanais,

I'm so glad you thought to write to me in person, Claire! I'm pleased to hear that you're managing so well with affairs back home, and, of course, your support means the world to me. It makes it worth it to be out here on the front lines, so far from the luxury and comfort of our château, fighting the war where it needs fought the most. I'm sure some day you, too, would love to take up the torch for Crown and country some day. The people would love it so dearly!

Unfortunately, though, the rest of your letter fills me with disappointment. I would love to reward you for the help and care you've shown to our estate and family, but it simply wouldn't be proper for me to transfer our familial title further through the line of succession like that. Hundreds of years of tradition come before your desires and mine, dear sister. You are the duchesse régente during my absence, but it can go no farther than that - particularly while I'm still out here, incapable of handing over such a prestigious office in person.

With that said, I would be absolutely delighted to give my dearest sister an appropriate token of recognition for her efforts, both on behalf of the family and on my part as well. The resort planet of Blouis is, as I'm sure you're aware, both another world under my titles and a beautiful, verdant place in its own right. The planetary governor keeps everything in order, but I have been the Comtesse for some time now. If you would accept the honour, dear sister, I would be delighted to bestow this honour upon you from this date forwards, and keep all titles in their proper hierarchy.

Lastly - I shall be returning to Orleans as soon as my duties permit me to, of course! It's been far too long since I returned home, and even longer still since I saw your face in person. Unfortunately, I'm not sure when that will be soonest possible - things are always busy out here in the Gallic Territories, and it could be weeks or more before I have a suitable opportunity to return to the château.

Until then, Claire, you have my best wishes as always.

From your elder sister,
Charlotte DeFrance