Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: CORE Personal Pilot Uplink Recordings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
-------------------------------------------------------
ESTABLISHING LINK: CORE-APM PERSONAL PILOT UPLINK SYSTEM
ID: JAS_MCARTHUR
ENCRYPTION: CORE-STRONG
AUDIO STREAM CLARITY MAXIMUM

*Throat clearing*

Egh-*cough*-hmm

Well, here I am. I asked for adventure and profit when I joined the Core, I sure as hell got adventure, regardless of profit.

Yesterday, Durban Time, I attained the rank of Knight within the Core, I went out in my Manta to acquire a Nomad fighter wreck and returned it to Yaren to get the rank.
See, the Core's recruitment into the primary fleet is unorthodox at best, cruel and unusual at worst, however,it is incredibly effective at finding the strong, smart and sometimes the lucky. Here, let me read it off...
*Scrolling through some sort of data-monitor*
Alright; to attain the rank of knight one must go into the deeper nomad systems and retrieve a nomad fighter remain, flying only a Manta equipped to the recruit's preferences and only allowed to request help from other recruits.

Waltzing through the interior nomad worlds is a fine way to get killed, and as such the pilots like me that manage to fly out with a battle trophy make fine recruits into our great navy.

Now, onto the reason I have decided to make this recording, earlier, I went into Iota once more to find a Nomad gunboat, the next step up from bringing back a dead fighter. The system was unusually empty and the only resistance I was offered was the automated defence turrets around critical installations. There were no nomad ships to be found. I decided to wrap it up and head back to the Jump-gate, but upon arrival I was greeted by a Wilde and two Aoi pilots in fightercraft. I turned around with all due haste and flew off into the north, eventually getting into low orbit of a Nomad world.

As I rounded the orbit, I was detected by a nomad orbital defence platform, sporting cruise distruptors and weapons that could down my shield in one volley. I charged my cruise and veered away from the platform, but not before catching a cruise distruptor projectile and six or seven blasts from the platform, knocking out my shield and severely damaging my hull. Unable to cruise away I flew into the nearby Jump Hole while whacking the nanobot deploy button and found myself in a system that was empty, as in, completely empty, without a stable return hole,...

My scanners refused to pick up anything and displayed a blank starscape, and for a while I thought I had flown myself into intergalactic space, doomed to run out of air and suffocate. But flying around for a while noticed a planet, not registering on my scanners but quite literally in front of me, I decided to fly further, finding myself a stable jump hole on the reverse of the planet, reading an entrance into Omicron Lost. I breathed a sigh of relief and leaned back into the pilots chair, which I should mention, is /really/ comfy, I struggle to understand where they get such nice chairs for the Manta's and how nice the leather-like covering of the seating is sourced, Durban has a biodome, but not nearly large enough to farm leather. Could you make leather out of Nomads? That would be very Core-like and I would very much so approve of, if, of course, it doesn't do something nasty like melt my DNA or turn me into an infested the moment I sat down.

Alright, back to the topic at hand *sigh*

After taking a short break I looked back at my scanners, still refusing to chart the system with any accuracy, but something was in-fact showing. My orbiting computer was showing two massive gravity wells originating from the edges of the sector, I sat back up in my seat and plotted a course for one of them, after a few minutes of flying I encountered something indescribable, a massive cube-like structure identical in appearance to the Azurite reactor in the Omicron Delta Edge Nebula, but his one was...

Working, working how? Hell if you ask me but the moment I approached my Geiger counter almost had a seizure and peaked. The Mantas have effective radiation plating around the cockpit, but not anywhere else on the ship, so I could fly in with relative safety if I so felt like it. At that moment I don't know what came upon me but I flew straight into the click-wide exhaust shaft, wanting to see within. After a short but cramped flight within the shaft, I came upon what I believe to be the core of the Nomad generator, I couldn't get a look as I was nearly blinded by the light and my shields and plating seared by some sort of internal defence mechanism. I flew out at maximum speed with my tail behind my back and out towards the relative comfort of open space.

The second gravity well was an Identical if not slightly smaller cube, but this one had a massive docking port in one of the sides, sealed shut by a Nomad veil so powerful my display didn't have enough digits to approximate strength. With my curiosity well satiated I flew into the Jump Hole and back to Lost, then to Delta and safe again at Yaren base.

The nurses, which by the way, are all guys, not cool HQ. Gave me some radiation pills just in case; along with the order to stay grounded for a few days. In my sheer boredom awaiting either the possibility of Nomad takeover of my brain or the eventual side-effects of flying into an Azurite Core I have decided to record this personal record. I guess in the meantime I can hit on that cute bomber pilot that is waiting for a new thruster to come in from Alabama shipyards.

In the meanwhile, this has been Core pilot designation "Dragonfire"

Over and out.

SAVED TO PERSONAL DRIVE

OOC STUFF:

First time writing something along these lines, please, trigger me with your 'opinions' if this is popular enough I'll write more.