Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: .:j:. Junker Congress Faction Feedback
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42
(03-12-2015, 03:50 PM)nOmnomnOm Wrote: [ -> ]and you guys (to the ones involved) openly transported cardi from the base to huston and back a few times and make a good buck before getting caught

To be fair that was lead by the LSF, and not [LN]
(03-12-2015, 03:50 PM)nOmnomnOm Wrote: [ -> ]and you guys openly transported cardi from the base to huston and back a few times and make a good buck before getting caught

I cannot and will not answer for what =LSF= did, I'm purely talking from the standpoint of [LN] members and what occurred in relation to them throughout the original incident.
Just FR5 them from the entire of liberty and raid them with 400 dreads and im sure they will change their tune pretty quickly as far as all this drama is concerned.

This feedback thread is a great read but it absolutely and legitimately makes me very sad indeed. The level of dumb is absolutely abysmal and the blatant disregard for any role play or its consequences is literally Unbelievable.

(03-12-2015, 02:45 PM)Garrett Jax Wrote: [ -> ]Just answer the question please.

They are going to plead the fifth on that one Garrett, cant be made to testify if it means incriminating themselves. lol

The saddest thing I find in all this is that ive never had a problem with congress, ever.. like, just havent, however the past 3 months, HOLY SCHNITZEL, its inconceivable have my eyes just been closed the whole time??
: once you decided to RP things further and ask for a trial, you legitimized all Libgov actions leading up to it. If the action of Liberty lawful forces were in violation of server rules, you should have filed a report before requesting a trial. As it stands, your request went forth and it is expected that you should abide by the decisions brought forth from that venue. To turn around and say otherwise, is powergaming. Bottom line, you started down a path and now the community expects you to live with whatever comes.
(03-12-2015, 03:53 PM)Garrett Jax Wrote: [ -> ]: once you decided to RP things further and ask for a trial, you legitimized all Libgov actions leading up to it. If the action of Liberty lawful forces were in violation of server rules, you should have filed a report before requesting a trial. As it stands, your request went forth and it is expected that you should abide by the decisions brought forth from that venue. To turn around and say otherwise, is powergaming. Bottom line, you started down a path and now the community expects you to live with whatever comes.

I have to agree with Garrett here, though. If there was an issue with any of the accusations brought up, it should have been raised before a trial was demanded. Now we're all just sitting here looking at a massive, smelly heap of wasted effort and frustrated players.
(03-12-2015, 03:29 PM)matster Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-12-2015, 03:14 PM)Echo 7-7 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not here to appease any individual's warped sense of realism - I'm here to get some answers from the Congress (preferably from their leadership who are supposed to be responsible for the faction) regarding why they're distorting facts and accusing LibGov of powergaming, along with overall negative criticism of the handling of their roleplay.

"Warped Realisim" Smile
OK the problem that was being discussed was whether it was realistic for a gun to be in a courtroom. IE realism. Since realism is an issue I thought it appropriate to point out how realism was tossed into the wind by the raid conducted. That actually leads to this idea that a group is using personal dislike to control in game activity and thus working outside RP. My suggestion that the government (for the time being) would gloss over the issue somehow (like by fining congress) is likely the outcome would be knowledge a quasi-criminal organization would have. The tone of this situation makes it seem like there is something more personal than RP at work here. I believe that is why the Congress feels there is some power gaming issue here.

You criticise the actions of the Forces of Liberty because they are unrealistic by your standards, when such realism is in fact highly subjective in this context. Therefore, your complaint carries very little weight. It would be appreciated if you were to stop avoiding the criticisms of the Congress being presented (assuming you are both a member of Congress and are defending the faction), and if you have concerns of your own regading a different faction, you should raise them in the appropriate thread, such as that faction's own feedback thread.
Posting as an objective reader and not a Junker...
As I see it, it stands like this..
An admin (a fair and neutral one) should decide if brining a gun into a courtroom was even possible or not, did it happen?
Simple as that..
If it happened, Sarawr!? is correct in that the Lib Government has a right (and is justified) in responding in kind. They could arrest the individual (Thus making the player say rename his ships to a different persona or something, IDK)put a bounty on him, destroy him on site etc... or Hold the Congress responsible for the action. It's up to them.
If the event did not happen, or if the person who made the post had no right to do so in the first place, then the event never happened and you should proceed from there.
This is Kinda what the Admins are here for, arbitrating differences of opinions in RP so... Did the even happen or not?

EDIT: Holy crap this thread is moving fast!!!!
(03-12-2015, 03:43 PM)Captain_Nemo Wrote: [ -> ]Run out of places in general discussion to talk about how much y'all hate congress?

Why not take a sammich break, otherwise this thread is gonna get locked again for a week and I'll make fun of it on skype

I think you'll find it is the role of the staff to determine what threads to lock and when to lock them; seeing as a vast majority of the criticisms being presented are done so in a calm and civil manner, the faction can't escape its responsibilities to address those criticisms by hiding behind a lock and accusing outsiders as simply being haters.

(03-12-2015, 03:41 PM)nOmnomnOm Wrote: [ -> ]You know you should keep more contact with your members in the liberty gov Smile, sarawr

As a senior member of LibGov, I regularly keep in contact with Sarawr to get her input on various matters. As a long-time member (and leader!) of [LN] she is very qualified to comment on most Libertonian matters, and to the best of my knowledge, Sarawr has demonstrated a comprehensive understanding of the current situation.
Well, why then a police ship don't dock at Rochester and say "Hey! They sell cardamine here! FR5 all junkers!"

If you guys think the congress "legitimized" this ridiculousness by going ahead with the trial, arguing that they should have called the hole thing off before it even started... well, I have to agree. That doesn't make the fidings on the congress bases less invalid, though, in my opinion.
I'd elaborate if I weren't on my phone, but the crux of the issue is the same one that has made Congress an appalling faction for the longest time now: they just don't care about anything but themselves - and, reportedly, have enough 'backing' to be able to do so.

That's what it boils down to: they don't care about anyone else's roleplay or gameplay - whether it's blasting one Roc with upwards of ten Wreckers and Salvagers, jump trading PScrap/Cardi with no regard for how it affects the sever economy, quickdocking on Java when caught out by Gallic lawfuls in the Taus, the whole Rayburn Station debacle, or treating 'serious roleplay' threads as a bit of a laugh; the cadre of middle-aged Americans that the Congress consists of just do not give one damn about anyone other than themselves.

You'd have more luck arguing with a brick wall.

Shoutout to Captain Nemo for being an outstanding example of the above 'lol idc xd' attitude throughout this thread.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42