Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Laaaaaaaaaggggg
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
2 Dab: maybe so. However I have no way of being able to track down exactly WHO has the buggy version. I'd have to have someone watching the server during peak times to find out.

2 marauder: I'm already having a bad day (not feeling well, and things just aren't going my way) so it doesn't reall y matter LOL.

i won't get to this till probably weekend, as this is the *FIRST* weekend I'll have off in a while.
Then the server can wait.

You always seem to be messing about with the server when your not doing anything else so why not have the weekend off?

The problem will still be there...
Perhaps we could get some people tell approximately when each day the server gets laggy and some people can watch at those times and see who had just joined when the server got laggy.
Dab,Aug 16 2006, 05:33 PM Wrote:Perhaps we could get some people tell approximately when each day the server gets laggy and some people can watch at those times and see who had just joined when the server got laggy.
[snapback]30566[/snapback]

Actually, I'll do you one better

Give me times when lag increases, and give me the names of *EVERYONE* who is online at the time.

I can't tell who's who from IFSO cause i won't be able to tell who has the buggy versions. I will, however, be able to root out those who have buggy versions and tell everyone to upgrade now.

Or better yet, tell everyone to re-download the mod now.. I don't know LOL
Wolfpack98,Aug 16 2006, 06:39 PM Wrote:Or better yet, tell everyone to re-download the mod now.. I don't know LOL
[snapback]30569[/snapback]

*snorts* Better for you maybe.
Perhaps Igiss could release a 4.81 version. (Exactly the same, just a different number) that would FORCE everyone to redownload the mod.
Well that could be possible when I give him my systems. Only thing I need to do with them is fix this weird station name bug that makes the main planet's name pull out the name of the pirate base.. Info card error would be my guess. Though should be easy enough to fix.

That would 1.) Be something to add to the mod, and 2.) make the new version actually have something useful in it other than a few bug errors.
Well, I'll download the discovery mod again, in case it has to do with me, but there have been times when I"m playing and its not laggy; I don't think it is. Next time it happens, I'll try to get a list up as fast as I can onto the forums or through PM. But, if you have the weekend off, I'd suggest having some fun with it. Go visit something, or just hang out and not worry about the server till later.

Hype :cool:
Giving new version wont solve the problem unless the lagger reinstalls FL.
It is most likely that the problem is caused by an activation over an old version of the mod, or an activation after a badly deactivated mod.
k, I got kicked before I could get all the the names, but here's the ones that I got:

[SF]-SFBS-Sierra

Mwalk10

UTC-Captain.Jessica

Jolly Roger

Jeph_Young

Colm_Cillian

[ELF]Eris_Ascendant

SirJorynicus

Norin Berak

:(

and wolf's Admin char. This means that this might be a worthless post, but if it ever comes in handy, well, then I helped some :P

Hype :D
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6