Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: The Hellfire Legion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: FJWFvSf.png]

To our friends within the Commonwealth,

Over the past few months our dwindling operational status in the Republic of Liberty has become somewhat noticeable and for this we apologize. Events in the independent worlds such as Coronado and Cortez have escalated to the point of conflict. The high presence of infected individuals and arrival of the Order's fleet in its entirety has had us doing what we can to ensure stability and provide aid to the Crayterian people with the rising Nomad threat. However, as you are now aware, the Order have attacked our forces within your territory.

For some time these anarchistic ruffians have been doing everything in their power to provoke us to initiate a war. Now it seems they've moved to the point of full on aggression and assault. We have warned them of the consequences this will bare if they attempted to continue. I have personally sat down with one of their Admirals to discuss avoiding this outcome, but it seems those discussions have fallen upon deaf ears, and they now interfere with not only the disruption of Nomad activity, but the Legion's ability to engage the Liberty Navy. They lack complete respect for the Commonwealth and are known to cooperate with the Lane Hackers, who themselves have made threats of conflict for violating their own terms of neutrality. The utter hypocrisy of their pathetic alliance in the region is astounding, and their repeated attempts to enforce their dogma upon Commonwealth territory have proven unsuccessful. The presence of their flagship - The Carrier Fedayeen - poses a significant point of putting them in their place.

With respect to your forces and in consideration of the rising conflict, the Inner Phalanx wishes to propose cooperation in the removal of their forces from the region in the entirety. They have proven themselves deceitful and aggressive, and were witnessed supporting the Liberty Navy. They are attempting to solidify a foot hold on the region, in preparation of such a retaliation.

We will not give them a chance. We ask you stand with us and force these idiots from the Independent Worlds. Show them that their dogma is unwelcome and their treachery will be met with laser fire and plasma bolts. Remove the scourge from the region.

With solidarity,

Curator Endurance & The Inner Phalanx

[Image: muR6DGe.png]

Auxesians, my name is Etomgi Sahega, acting Star Colonel of the Hellfire Legion in Meallan Dagon's stead.

Following recent events both internal and external, a new dynamic is required if we are continue our partnership. Many elements of Legion High Command would see you dead, banned from Commonwealth space, and your technology licensing revoked.

I am here to offer you an out.

It should come as no surprise to you that we were pursuing a potential relationship with the Order. Following their attack on the Eidolon Wraith during a Legion operation, and what we saw today which could only be described as an alliance with the FIfth Fleet - ad hoc or not - we have been forced to reevaluate the situation.

The Republic will never allow you to operate uncontested within Libertonian space, and what the Legion requires to continue playing host to your battlegroup is simple. You. Fight. Back.

We cannot and will not engage the Crayterians or the Order unless we are fired upon first. What we can do, however, is offer you protection within Commonwealth space. This does not mean either of the aforementioned parties will be barred entry, only that they may not fire upon you within our territory. It should be in their best interest not to.

You will fly along and coordinate with Legion assets in assaults against Republic military targets. This is non negotiable if you wish to maintain your safe haven, and continue receiving parts to maintain our equipment which has come into your hands.

While I cannot decide for you, I will tell you that I would sooner take my chances against the Republic with the Legion's backing, than against the Republic, the Crayterians, and the Order with none at all.

I hope you make the right decision.

Libera te ex Infernis.
[Image: FJWFvSf.png]

Star Colonel Sahega,

You'll have to excuse the delay. The recent arrival of our heavy assets has required our focus on consolidation. I'm sure you're also aware of the Keeper's recent meeting with your forces and the Amenhotep in Kansas.

There has been significant debate in regards to what we can offer to the Commonwealth in repayment. Our efforts in the removal of the Liberty Rogues and Outcasts seemed to not be significant enough in the eyes of your command. As of late with increasing attacks on our civilian corps and Logistics division by the Republic, the Keeper has felt retribution as a necessary treatment to their inability to accept what they cannot control. As I'm also sure you're aware, a rather successful operation was conducted in to New York between our forces. I personally removed various fighter craft from the field at the control of Saracen one.

We have no interest in further pursuing conflict with the Crayterians. Why they had engaged us - their ally - is beyond me. I am currently working to investigate what the motives behind their actions were, and potentially negotiate a DMZ of Crayter space in regards to our conflict with the Order. One I do not expect the Order to follow. However that doesn't exclude their forces lingering in the region, and should they be found in Liberty not acting upon a Nomadic entity, we will see them removed from the region, either peacefully or otherwise, as their arrogance will not be tolerated.

In addition, The Inner Phalanx has - with great consideration in to what we can offer - decided upon a joint research endeavor in which Auxesia is willing to provide the Legion with a modified AXI-A-577 Modified Ionstream-MK2 'Lightrider' engine design which is currently in use by the Eidolon Wraith, our flagship. An intricate design based off of a unique compound referred to as Azurite. It falls to the Legion on whether or not a new vessel will be constructed around the engine in which we can provide a series of AP-Manufacturing vessel designs to work with, or if an existing frame is to be taken in to consideration. Compensation for the frame, vessel class and age would need to be taken in to consideration as well, due to the nature of the engine and the scarcity of the minerals needed to manufacture it.

Furthermore, Auxesia is willing to provide the Legion with a supply of Type-38 Particle Accelerator Rifles and Type-23 Electronic Designated Marksman Rifles specifically making use of a tachyon energy conversion system, to be used by their security and military assets on the ground and on vessels. Some of the best weaponry we currently have available to our ground operators. In addition to this, once our production facility is completed, Auxesia will open discussions of providing the Legion with AP-Manufacturing craft at a later date.

If the above is of any interest or acceptance, then you can expect to see more and more Auxesian support against the Republic's aggression.

With solidarity,

Curator Endurance & The Inner Phalanx