Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: [ALG]- Subject: Independent Contractor Registration Renewal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
-- INCOMING BURST TRANSMISSION --

Priority: Low
Encryption: Rheinland Civilian Standard
To: [ALG]- Human Resources Department, Contractor Registration
From: "Captain" Werfel, Vessels 'Muellschiff' and 'Bergungsschiff'
Date: 07.09.823
Subject: Independent Contractor Registration Renewal

Guten tag, this is Captain Werfel! I am contacting you in regards to renewing my Independent Contractor registration for my two vessels, the Golem-Class Waste Hauler 'Muellschiff', and the Behemoth-Class Salvage Transport 'Bergungsschiff'. I am aware that such petty matters are usually handled by a junior member of the bridge staff, but I felt that, in the spirit of a little friendly cooperation, I would file this registration to you myself in the hopes that I might be contacted for any non-routine waste management efforts available to contractors. This registration is not being filed directly on your network because, at this time, I am not interested in Official Employment, as I prefer the relaxed schedule of contract work. I will, however, adhere as closely as possible to the standards of the form on your Human Resources Terminal.

I will also include information on my two vessels, as I am aware that Golem-Class Haulers are of a semi-restricted nature, and only allowed to be crewed by the most experienced in Waste Management.

-- ALG Independent Contractor Registration Renewal Form --

- What is your full name?
"Captain" Rolann Werfel II
Ship Callsign: Muellschiff-Cp.Werfel
Ship Callsign: Bergungsschiff-C.Werfel

- Place of birth?
Planet New Berlin

- Tell us about your previous experiences?

I have been an Independent Contractor for ALG for a few years now, with many periods of inactivity as the Independent Contractor License allows. In that period, I have commanded a Ragnar-Class Freighter that assisted in completion of hauling all usable scrap from the Ruhrfeld, as well as daring missions into the Bering system during the height of the unpleasantness with Liberty to collect premium scrap in the area of the destroyed jump gate, which I was told was put to good use repairing Rheinland Military vessels damaged in combat.

Currently, I am in command of two vessels. My primary ship is the 'Muellschiff', a Golem-Class vessel which I have used for Toxic Waste Retrieval Contracts assisting with continued decontamination efforts in the area of the Augsberg Wreck in Munich, and foreign contracts in Bretonnia and Liberty (during peacetime, of course). She's also set up to carry Thorium MOX refined from the waste at Wuppertal Refinery to Dortmund Station for refueling of ALG vessels. Her sister ship is the 'Bergungsschiff', a Behemoth-Class vessel configured for collecting premium scrap in the Texas system, as well as transporting metals recovered from the scrap to ALG bases for processing into alloys and Hazmat Canisters.

- Why do you want to renew your contract for ALG Waste Disposal?

Rheinland has been the home of my family for generations, and the Republic has treated us well. I felt it was my duty to return the favor, and I decided to do so in a way that most others wouldn't imagine. I wanted to be a Garbageman. The Munich Disaster occured just as I was becoming a young man, seeking direction with thousands of opportunities all around me. Then I saw them. Those big, glorious waste haulers. Larger than many military ships, and so... bulky... boxy. They were beautiful, a true masterpiece of Rheinland engineering, and they were helping people. Not just people, not even just Rheinland. They were trying to clean up space for the sake of space being a safer place for every living thing, and that I found to be simply too admirable to not devote my life toward. I knew then and there that I would do anything necessary to command one of those ships, even if it wasn't until the day before I died.

- If a pirate threatens to blow you up, and you're carrying Toxic Waste, what would you do?

If I was outside Rheinland space, I would first attempt to bribe the pirate with the 70-80 cargo containers of Rheinbier that I carry in a special section of my cargo hold that is strictly off-limits to the crew for just such a purpose. You would be amazed how often a desperate pirate will power down their weapons if you offer to fill their hold with expensive (in their space) imported alcohol. This strategy is less effective in Rheinland space. If the pirate showed no interest, I would offer a sum of credits out of my own account that would be enough to placate the pirate, as well as keep the route profitable for myself and ALG, and negotiate a condition of time that I would be allowed safe passage by the pirate. If the pirate found this unacceptable, I would offer a higher sum, with the warning that if the route was no longer profitable, I would not be returning.

If the pirate showed no interest in cargo or credits, and only intended to cause harm to my hazardous cargo or crew, I would issue a warning that I am doing everything in my power to protect my ship and everything aboard, as well as local space from possible containment, fleeing the area and returning fire if there was no further option.

- Have you read the laws of the houses within Sirius, understand them and abide by them?
Yes. -- Electronic Signature Applied --

- S.K.Y.P.3. Handle?
(X) Not required for Independent Contractors.

I hope that our business continues to be profitable, and that I may be of assistance in possible Hazmat or Salvage recovery efforts in the future. Thank you!

-- Captain Rolann Werfel II

-- BURST TRANSMISSION CLOSED --