Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Finn McCool | From: Cordelia Lyell
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

:::[INCOMING TRANSMISSION]:::
:::[ESTABLISHING VIDEO FEED]:::
:::[VIDEO FEED: LIVE]:::

ID: Cordelia Lyell
Subject: The Apahanta
ENCRYPTION: INVINCIBLE

Esteemed Administrator McCool,

Let me express my delight that fate has once again permitted us to cross paths, albeit again in a rather precarious context. Be aware that I am contacting you not on behalf of the Core, but rather on my own, and you should therefore consider the following my own words and mine alone.

There is something on my mind, lately, Mr. McCool, and it has to do with one particular Mako that we believed destroyed in Omicron Minor. This was, apparently, false, as I have encountered this vessel in the same system recently that it was believed to have been destroyed. Now, before you get the wrong idea, sir, let me clarify one thing: I do not care about the vessel per se. What I do care about is that the captain appeared rather strange to me, and I have good reason to believe he is either influenced by the aliens or in league with them. Before we go any further, I would like to inquire whether the Confederation of Freeports has any records of this vessel perhaps entering their space or even resupplying the ship. After all, a Mako can be a demanding lady. Depending on your answer, I shall provide further evidence for my suspicions, but here is a small sample that should rouse your curiosity.

I bid you a good day.

-C. Lyell
Guildkeeper, The Core

Attachments:

:::[CLOSING TRANSMISSION]:::

[Image: 4F76bYj.gif]

Good day Mrs. Lyell -

It has been some time since we last crossed paths, hasn't it. In fact I am delighted you've reached out, as I have been meaning t' address you as well. Though with the contents of this message, I'll hold for now on discussing such.

You put me in a precarious position Mrs. Lyell. If there was such a vessel that was deemed destroyed and it's captain missing, then hypothetically if they were t' have reached our space or requested resupplying, they would've done so with the intent of not informing the Core or yourself. T' reveal such, if such an event occurred, would potentially put said captain and the crew of the vessel in harms way. On the flip side, your accusations are quite strong indeed concerning this captain. T' claim that one is influenced or in league with Nomads is no small charge, nor one t' be taken lightly. If such a captain and vessel did come into contact with our personnel, and if your charge is true, then the stakes are quite large.

The recording you attached though, while interesting, shares nothing of this captain. It is only of your suspicions and conclusions, with which I have no evidence t' base your words on. For all I know, this is simply a ruse in order t' ascertain the whereabouts of this captain. I wish t' not believe such, and that your intentions are sincere, but that is the world we live in. I hope you understand my hesitation concerning this.

What I would like t' propose though, is that further evidence be provided t' me directly, so I can draw my own conclusions based on the facts. For if such a captain has been in contact with CoF personnel, then I would want t' know what risk may have been imposed on them. If he has not made contact with us, then better t' be aware of a potential threat should such a individual reach out t' us.

I do hope you see logic in my decisions t' be wary, though I can promise you that if such evidence is provided, it will indeed show truth behind your words, and will ease my mind regarding this.

I await your response, and safe skies Mrs. Lyell.

Finn McCool
Head Administrator
Confederation of Freeports

Subject: The Apahanta

Esteemed Administrator,

Your compassion for those entreating protection on your doorstep in all honour, but you are not very good at doublespeaking. Nevertheless, your concern are true and shall be met with the cold and harsh reality that is empirical evidence, and for such, please check the attached logs below. These are the complete transcripts of what transpired that day, and I am sure you will share my conclusions or at least part of my worry once you have found time in your doubtlessly packed schedule to read the transcripts. You will find that Mr. Vertiga was actually willing to part with a sample of his blood with me, which I was able to test and therefore deduce that he was not physically under direct control of the aliens, which is why I believe there is still a chance to save this poor soul.

Make no mistake, Administrator, I am merely contacting you out of concern for the wellbeing of Mr. Vertiga and those around him. The aliens are a threat we all face, and I would loathe to see another soul consumed by the 'light'. There is no need to tell me whether the individual in question has actually sought refuge with you. Just take the information I offer you here and act according to what you believe is best for those under your care.

For now, I bid you a good day, Administrator.

-C. Lyell
Guildkeeper, The Core

Attachments:

[Image: 4F76bYj.gif]

Good day again Mrs. Lyell -

You'll have t' forgive my hesitation in my previous communication. Trust is something that is still largely damaged during the Freeport 11 incident with the Core, and I hesitate t' provide information that would result in the harm of someone who has sought our help.

But the evidence you sent indeed presents a concerning element t' my interaction with Mr. Vertiga. While I am relieved to know that he is not physically under Nomad control, it makes me wonder t' what level of interaction or association he may have had or currently has with the Nomads in the deep Omicrons. Thankfully when he initially reached out t' me, the assistance provided was in a secure and sectioned off area, of which any unauthorized access would have been flagged. Still, I will be having all workers who provided assistance be tested.

I am quite intrigued as t' the contents of the information he was willing t' sell in exchange for his "Freedom" if you will. I obviously do not expect such information t' be given, should have it or attain it at a future date. But should such intel provide information concerning a Nomad threat that would affect more than just Core assets, I would respectfully ask that such be sent securely for my eyes only. For such information would prevent loss of life, and let those potentially affected die another day.

Should I receive any intel from Mr. Vertiga in the future as well, that would impact the lives of those in the Rho system, I will return the favor requested above. until then Mrs. Lyell.

Safe skies.

Finn McCool
Head Administrator
Confederation of Freeports

Subject: (none)

Dear Administrator,

Quite the delight to hear back from you on this matter. Further delight was derived from the fact that you dropped the doublespeak and returned to facts, and not hypotheticals. By all means, your request shall be accomodated in case I gather such intel. The subject matter for me is mostly about finding out how, well, reasonable such people can be, if we go with the assumption that Mr. Vertiga is indeed being subverted. In my eyes, he is pretty harmless, funnily enough — and I have some experience in that regard. My course of action as of now is ignoring Mr. Vertiga as minor security risk at best, and I would advise you to act likewise. Of course, letting him roam unmonitored would be foolish. Maybe he is looser around you than he is around me.

We shall hear from each other, I'm certain.

-C. Lyell
Guildkeeper, The Core

Attachments: <None>