Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Insidia - Chapter I
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Deck 6, Oberst's personal quarters, Bruchsal Base, Frankfurt System
17/09/823 AS, 0145 Station time

The Oberst of the Vereinigte Widerstandsarmee walked up and down. Hannah was late. Sure, she could have asked someone else, but she wasn't certain if someone else was capable of pulling this off. It was pretty cold-hearted, and whoever was going to do it would have to be able to take this. She knew Feinen could. Slowly, she thought about what she'd tell her, although after a while she decided it'd be pointless. With a sigh, she sat down on the imposing Sofa - a remnant of the very luxurious furniture one of her predecessors had left here.
Deck 6, In front of The Oberst's personal quarters, Bruchsal Base, Frankfurt System
17/09/823 AS, 0146 Station time

Hannah bit her lip, she was only rarely called up, and when she was, it was never for a good reason. Something had happened, or as was most oftne the case, was about to happen. She ran a hand through her long hair, smoothing it out at the door to Nika's quarters, preparing herself mentally, before she stepped into the. Nika was sitting on -The- Sofa. She set her jaw a little more stubbornly, choking down any worry or fear she might have had, as she walked over before her. "Frau Oberst Haupt" she greeted, clasping her hands behind her back, quite formally. "I was summoned, how might i serve you?"
Nika smirked. Always the obedient one. "Pretty formal, aren't you. Sit down, Hannah. I've got a question for you." Her tone was showing that the following was a serious matter.

She changed the program on the HoloTV in the corner of the room to display a list of People - and organizations.

"This is a list of the people that have announced their candicacy for the party leader. I'm fine with most of them, even if I don't manage to get elected - I'm just in this because the Bundschuh needs to stick together again, as I mentioned - this one however..." She highlighted a name on the List. "Professor Hans Rorken, Affiliated to the HVEB, de facto Oberst" "This one is a problem. He was one of the people in my trial, and knowing him he still wants to put me in jail. I also think that he's hiding Klugmann."
The last one was an assumption, but a logical one. The other place where he could be was with Jana Achen, but she'd sent people to check on that, and so far she'd come out clean.
Hannah took her seat on the couch, reclining gently. She didn't comment on her...comment, instead, choosing to listen to what she said. She knew when to speak, and when to be silent.

Then, she realized Nika was showing her something, and turned to view the HoloTv, scanning the names, files and numbers spewing across the screen.

"Hey, you know if I had any say in this, that is to say, clout, I'd put my voice up for you any day of the weak," She began, then stopped herself. Off of those two simple sentences, she had enough reason to hate the man. She nodded gently, urging her on. She felt a prickling inclination of what was coming, but, perhaps she'd be wrong. And she'd rather be wrong, then mistakenly take action.
She nodded. "Every member can vote, you know. But one vote isn't going to remove the danger of him winning, and especially not ordering me removed from my position, or worse. We need to take action now."

A moment of silence followed, one that was weighing heavily. She had to gulp. This was the first time she did something like this. Sure, she'd done it herself before, but ordering someone?
"And he's pretty influential. By that I mean, he basically owns two major cities on Hamburg. So outweighing his political clout and money is also not an option."
It took her a few minutes to grasp exactly what Nika was saying, when she did, her eyes widened in shock for a moment. Looking into her eyes, there was fear in Hannah's, real fear.

Then she calmed herself, swallowing her initial reaction "I'm sorry Nika I..I was just suprised" She said softly, running a hand over her own face, swallowing a lump of fear in her throat. "I..I think I know where you're going with this" She said, a strange sense of calm overtaking her, her eyes hardening into something she'd not been in a long long time, a killer. "Say no more, I understand, Frau Oberst" She nodded her head gently. "It will be taken care of"
She knew Hannah had understood her. Although she felt terrible about making her do this, it was certainly calming to know that she was understood.
"You will be ordered tomorrow to take Professor Rorken from Kreuzberg to Bruchsal. As usual, you will take the route via Dresden. This is your chance. Take one of the passenger shuttles with the working bulkheads, this trip leads through dangerous territory."
Bar, Kreuzberg Depot, New Berlin System
17/09/823 AS, 1215 Station time

"So do you think you will win?"

"Without a doubt, Rolf. With the recent verdicts, the Zentralkomitee, and by extension most of the Bundschuh, have seen the Vereinigte Widerstandsarmee for what they actually are. Incompetent Barbarians. Oberst Haupt won't get a single vote, and naturally, I being the most qualified for the position, will receive the majority."
The plutocrat grinned at his second-in-command. The prospect of him becoming Parteivorsitzender of the Bundschuh filled him with ambition. While he had at least two major footholds in Hamburg, reaping the rewards from his successful corporation HarbSec, the prospect of more power was irresistible to him. Furthermore, becoming leader of the Bundschuh would allow him to enact his personal vendetta against the VWA, him holding them personally responsible for the recent loss of one of his Aktivists.

"Are you sure? Haupt's speech was very well received. The operatives have been raving about it back at Harburg."
"Rolf, you know me better than most. You know that within 10 minutes of our landing on Bruchsal, nobody is going to think much of the woman who usurped her superior. And if that doesn't work, we can always resort to more.. sinister means."
Professor Rorken chuckled, and called out for his order.

"Two Rheinbiers, cold. Soon the Aktivist will be here to take us to Frankfurt, a toast to our future success!"
She nodded gently, pulling on a pair of gloves from one of her coat pockets. She didn't wear them often anymore, now though, they seemed appropriate. A certain level of separation between her, and the act itself. This was cold murder, not a crime of passion.

"You will have word of my success soon" She promised gently, before striding out the door, down to the hanger. From there, she took one of the purposed up shuttled, and began the long flight to Kreuzberg. Unknown to Nika, she'd taken her side arm with her. She was going to make sure this was handled properly, then void the corpse.

Nothing was going to threaten her Nika.
Rolf Schweinitz watched the shuttle head into the hangar, its pilot climbing out of the cockpit. The pilot matched the description given to him by Professor Rorken, and he made his way over to her.
"You are Aktivist Feinen I presume? Rorken and I have been waiting for you. Please, follow me."
As quickly as he had strode over, Rolf had already turned on his heels and begun his way back to Professor Rorken, assuming the Aktivist he had quickly spouted an order to was following close behind.
Pages: 1 2