Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Speech to the Bundschuh [by Dr. Annika Haupt]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Deck 1, Section 003-A, Bruchsal Base, Frankfurt System
20/09/823 AS, 1205 Station time

"Genossen!
[Image: elWtz1h.png?1]

The winds of change are brewing. This is a time of fresh faces, a time where we need to rethink what makes us the ones that we are. This is a time where we need to shed our hides, and finally stand up to the mistakes of the past. Mistakes that have been made for us, by people who tried to push their agendas instead of the one that is good for the people!

Why is it you ask, do I choose this as my introduction? Because there are still people within this party that believe it is best to return to the ways of Eistochter and Klugmann. Those people claim that they are not only following a human, but an ideal. But what Ideal is that? The pointless spilling of blood? The constant antagonizing of Rheinlands populace? Or was it just to further the agenda of Oberst Achen and her Adler?

Eistochter's leadership has led the Bundschuh into a time of strife, crippled and unable to decide on something. The sects are more interested in who has the most power within the movement than what lies beyond, and our true enemies, the ones from both beyond and within Rheinland, noticed. Do I have to remind you of Zwickau? Or Mindelo? Do I have to remind you that the pirates from Hamburg are resurgent, ever so interested in taking the last refuge within our corner of home from us?
No, I do not have to remind you. We all lost friends on Zwickau, and we all lost people in the Mindelo Raids. We all know what sacrifice those people bore. And yet, there are still people who want this sacrifice to be in vain! Returning to the old ways can not be the solution, especially if those old ways only ended up with more of us getting killed.

There are those who accuse me of betraying my own colleague. I wish to dash this. I did not betray my colleague, I stood up to her scheming, to her constant juggling of people against each other. Do you know why Miss Eistochter wanted me to be free? She wanted me to be her puppet, controlling the Klugmannist side. She wanted me to shatter the Klugmannist camp, so she and her Rote Adler could reign the Bundschuh, turn us into another group resembling the Hessians. I ask you, people of the Bundschuh, children of Rheinland, is that what democracy is? Is this what thousands of our brethren gave their lives for?
I did not betray Eistochter, I pointed out her mistakes. And what did she do? She fled, tail between her legs, just as Klugmann did a month before. I ask you, is that how a leader should behave? Isn't it just that I demand that they stand up for their crimes, that they get their just trial for the blood on their hands?

Do you know why they won't pay? Because they can't. After over a hundred years of being in Exile, we still do not have a proper central authority. There are no courts, there is no central organ governing policies. There is only the sects, squabbling amongst each other. This has led to so many of ours being sacrificed in this endless game of chess and play for dominance.
This needs to stop. We need a strong central authority. We need rules. We need the sects to stop pursuing their own little agendas, their own little games. We need to pool our ressources together. No, I do not call for an abolishing of the sects. We all know that we need them. But all of us are in the same boat here. We need to stop infighting, and finally, for once, show a broad front of strong faces to the enemy, instead of single, small circles that would rather cooperate with their friends than their fellow party members.
We need those rules because we all are Bundschuh. We all need to remember who we are in these dark times, and stand together against whatever comes. Because only together, united, we can defeat the evil that begets us from all sides! United!"