Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Chapter Nine: Rendevous
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The doors opened to the station and I gently sat the small Raven's Talon down on the pad. I climbed out and dusted myself off. No sooner than I had, Kurt had come and wrapped his arms around me in a big hug. I returned the hug and we stood there for a few moments until both letting go.

"It's good to have you back." he said.

"It's good to be back." I replied.

Hal and Kurts son were coming out, followed by Shan who also started into a sprint as soon as she saw me and tackled me to the floor, pratically kissing me from head to toe. Then she just gave me a hug and whispered in my ear "I never gave up on you, not even for a second." I only nodded and stood back up after she let me go. Everyone stood in silence looking at me, eventually Kurt spoke up.

"So what's the game plan?"
"If what you say is true, then a bulk of the people who ran Tainted still have the same ideas in their minds. Total subjectation of the entire public in mass numbers, probably even genocide." I said. "We don't have much time if your information is correct however, we need to move quickly and efficently."

"And Takashi?" Shan asked.

"He'll be fine, I'm certain of it."

Proximity alarms sounded throughout the ship and Kurt jogged over to the main computer screen.

"Order ship, 200 yards."

"This is the Order vessel Promethius. Open your bay doors so that I may land, I have a passenger with me that wishes to see you." said the comm system.

"Roger that." Kurt said and opened the doors. I got up and stayed low to the wall. I reached for my side blaster and stayed near the door. I peaked over the window and saw a man I recognized, limping towards the door.

"Speak of the devil..." I said crouching next to the door. As soon as it opened I threw the Order rep aside and pinned Takashi down to the floor, blaster pointed to the back of his head. "Birthdate."

"June 19, 788 A.S."

"Last time you recall us being in the same squadron."

"Just before you were taken by Tainted."

I paused.

"Last time I made fun of you for being a coward."

"When I wouldn't ask Sami out on a date because I was too self-concious. You're a bastard Leonardo."

I laughed and let him go. "I try."

I gave him a brief hug and told him. "It's good to have you back Takashi...to finally actually have you back."
Everyone sat down at the table and began to get comfortable when I came back into the room and sat down myself. I sat there for a few moments in silence before I began my speech.

"Tainted have resumed their opperation in force." I finally said. "There base is, of this moment, unknown. We do know this however, they are mobile."

"On that huge mastiff warship?" Kurt asked.

"No, on something much smaller this time. I also have reason to believe that they are no longer relying on Nomad technology as much as they were before, but something of different orgin. Which makes them more threatening than before."

"What could cause that Leo? Before they were larger, had more of a fleet and we were running like cowards with our tails between our legs. They have a huge warship bearing down on us at almost every turn." Hal said speaking up while rocking her son to sleep.

"I realize that, but who is not here among us right now?..."

Everyone looked around and back at Leo.

"Al and Sarah." Takashi said.

"Exactly. I believe them to be the ones pulling the strings on this entire ordeal. They passed by the planet I was on after I awoke, but some strange twist of fate...I called out to them, but was ignored. They cut the transmission and continued on."

"Why would they do that?" Kurt said again slamming his fist on the table.

"Because they knew leaving me there would mean more victory for them against the human race."