Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Enma Loyola | Subject: Manoel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
<//Incoming transmission...

• <//transmission.sender.name: Eliza Valdez

• <//transmission.sender.location: Manoel Outpost, Sigma-13

• <//transmission.encryption: sh1k1.bre3k1

Hey,

I've lately been spending a lot of my free time in Sigma-13. I'm starting to really like the place, Manoel Outpost is barely populated and really lets me to be alone with my own thoughts. Only shame is that in all of those clouds I can't really enjoy the sun, but I guess it's a fair price to pay for tranquility. So that really brings me to the reason as to why I'm contacting you - I've noticed the National Council doesn't really hold much interest in the Sigmas and has mostly focused on the Tau sector and Bretonia, which isn't bad in any way, don't get me wrong. But at the same time that lead to a rather nasty scenario in which Manoel had a shortage of cardamine supplies because of the lack of transports bringing any and that forced me to call for some express deliveries.

So I've asked around the station about who's actually in charge, but people seem to be as clueless as me. Some say the last administrator got shot, others say he just left for Malta because he hated the blue clouds, but all of these claims sound like rumors to me. Maybe there was never an administrator to begin with? And that's why I'm contacting you, we both know you're tight with the National Council so I'd love it if you could ask them if they got any plans for the outpost and if they know who's actually in charge of the place. I really like the station and I believe it would be a real shame if it just ends up being abandoned.

Also I'm sure you would agree that losing our main foothold in the Sigmas would be bad in our territorial war with the Corsair Empire. They've already been gaining influence over Rheinland and found allies inside it's borders, but the Sigma systems are still their only way in. I hope you and the Council would both agree that this base is a valuable asset.

Hope to hear from you soon,
Eliza

<//Transmission ended...

• <//transmission.sender.location: Fortaleza Base, Kansas

Plotting Sirian domination is no excuse to not open your mailbox, Enma.

<//Transmission ended...
[Image: PzzLVaD.png]

Eliza,

eh, hello, I've finally checked my mailbox. Sigmas are the most important region for the Nacion and I know about your great work out there. Since I know you well, we can think of you getting... in a better position so you can find a use for your telants.

I know that there is a lack of initiative in Sigmas and you are one of the few. Just tell me what exatcly do you need and I will try to help you. Also I've heard that Tal Ravis is working for GMG now, can you confirm this information?

- Enma of the Loyola famiglia.

• <//transmission.sender.location: Buffalo Base, New York

Hi,
I haven't seen Tal Ravis in months so I can't really confirm if he's working for the GMG now. I know he used to be in good terms with guild due to his part time collaboration with them, but I haven't seen him in the Sigmas so I could only guess if he has indeed joined them full time. I'll try to find out more if you're really interested but I think he has just decided to get some break from the wild life he had. Maybe he'll show up eventually?

Anyways, back to what I need - I've mostly been observing the flow of goods and pilots from the Sigmas and into Rheinland and vice versa. I found out that a group known as the "Unioners" have been assisting the Corsairs and smuggling goods for them into and out of Rheinland. I also got in contact with the Red Hessian leader, Anna Heinrich and she mentioned that recently they signed a Non-Aggression Pact, I think she meant with the Nation as a whole, so if you know anything about that I would be glad to know more. The rest of Rheinland hasn't been that cooperative sadly. Any other information you have on the powers at play in Rheinland would also be welcome.

As for what the base itself needs? We could use some extra supplies of ordinance and repair material, but neither are in a rush, I'd just feel better if we're well stocked in case Manoel Outpost gets discovered by the Corsairs. What I think we should really get if possible is better long range scanners for the station or maybe some shielding to protect the base from the disturbances of the Sigma-13 clouds. Maybe that Cambridge equipment the Nation was buying from the Kingdom of Bretonia would help? It was supposed to shield from some electromagnetic anomalies, right? Cardamine and other basic goods have been in reasonable supply lately and the fact so little people use the base means we're not currently in any danger of a shortage.

As I have said - I've been trying to establish more solid contacts within Rheinland but those people don't trust us Maltese and mostly offer things if we give something equal in return. I've been considering about asking the Hessians for mutual docking clearance for us Maltese within Rheinland in exchange for them being allowed to use Manoel in exchange. Of course for that I'd need the clearance of the Council. Though that's only something I've rolled around in my mind, I don't think we should trust them that much as of yet as neither do they trust us much at this point. Though if the Council currently holds no interest over the station some extra administrative power over it would give me more leverage in diplomatic discussions with those willing to assist us against the Corsair Empire.

Best regards, warm wishes and all that yada-yada,
Eliza

<//Transmission ended...
[Image: PzzLVaD.png]

Eliza,

I've shared this transmission with the council deputies. Most were impressed with your report, you have been appointed an Administrator of Manoel Outpost and Commander of the Maltese Naval Group in upper Sigmas region (Sigma 19, Sigma 13, Sigma-59 and Okinawa systems). Congratulations. Use your power wisely.

- Enma of the Loyola famiglia.