Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: to: Casta, Gabriella
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Transmission; Start
Identification: Operative Susan Ward
Encryption: Secure

Hola, Doña Casta.

Please accept my apologies for the time it took to get back to you.
As a matter of fact, I was actually rather surprised by your initiative to contact me after our encounter in the Tau systems. Your benevolent offer to give me information positively raised my interest and I would certainly have tried to contact you earlier if contingencies didn't get in the way.

That said, In order to make things plain, please allow me to introduce myself properly, as I don't believe I had the opportunity to do so during that short encounter in Tau 37 system. I am Susan Ward, currently assigned to Agency 404, a modestly sized Liberty Security Forces cell.

Now, it is my understanding you belong to the organization called "Ghosts of Razgriz", or more colloquially the Ghosts. From what I could gather, it is quite a renowned force in Maltese society, even if this organization may have lost influence in the last years.

Given your affiliation, your offer is surprising. Perhaps you have no interests in House Liberty, which may explain your desire to help us. Or perhaps you are willing to help us in order to harm a competitor or a foe you have among your society.
In the same order of ideas, I would be more than inclined to hear about what you could do for us.

As you can see, I'm quite curious, Ms. Casta, and I do hope you will be kind enough to shade some lights on these subjects.

Transmission: End
Gabriella Casta
Ishmael
Omicron Alpha

[Image: JmypkAr.png]

Hola. Took its time, reasoned by the more unsettling recent events that overcame my beloved homeworld. As you might've heard already, political differences and structural changes in the ways Nacions governing body is composed caused quite the havoc over the last years. Nevertheless, contacting you was never really off the desk. First of all, not that it doesn't honour me being addressed with my societal title, an act far too many individuals ignore when speaking to one, it's sufficient you call me Gabriella. I'll go with Susan, if that's of no issue to you. I don't see why we should keep this formal.
I'm not sure wether or not you still need a rundown on my squadron, so I'll cut this part of the talk short. Si, we're referred to as the Ghosts of Razgriz, previously known as the 'Hundred First Maltese Spectres. Our influence within maltese culture is as strong as never before and backed by the people of Ishmael for our everyday deeds as we speak. On our own behalf we left the political scene and drifted into the background to further advance with our duty protecting the very essence of Nacion and creating the needed space so our people may ease the burden they carry. Contrary to what you might've heard from others, we're still residing on Ishmael, that's Malta to you, as we locked the squadron and those supporting our cause within the vicinity of my compound and the perimeters of the ever expanding Dis, where Ghosts have the actual capabilities to deal with any outside aggression. People within Ghost controlled territory are bound to a constitution and laws different to what the occupying forces at the current government employ, which in return, given our own industrial and military strength, secures us an autonomous position here on Ishmael.
The contents of the conversation I overheard you having with Eliza today are something that catched my interest, and is indeed a perfect spot to question our positions towards the other now. As you may know, forced labour is an essential part of maltese economy and as much as I'd like to change that, I'm in no position to ever reach a consent with the syndicates and cartels to abolish what's called slavery. On the other hand, I can ensure not making use of this strategy myself and employ workers for a fair payment along with other social benefits such as housing, healthcare and education, to name just a few. The House of Liberty in its entirety was, is and will stay for an unforeseeable future Nacions main market. The fact that Ishmael is the sole supplier of Cardamine does ensure the monopoly isn't challenged. What changed though is the control over said markets. We may control production, yet Nacion lost its hold on the distribution, which is now dominated by the elements your house lists as its local criminals or entities under constant overwatch. Not to mention the half a million metric tons destined for Ishmael that are shipped out of Liberty by third parties every day. Over the past hundreds of years the libertonian forces were at no point in history even remotely capable of closing down the flow, in and out of their territory. Lifting the ban on Cardamine and maltese merchant convoys in general will most likely stop this, as we could then deliver legally and our shared efforts may stabilize the overall trade to our mutual advantage and incidentally dry out the black markets.
Apart from that I can see a great potential in combined endeavours with the striving private sector within Liberty on any field ranging from physics to medical science. Nacions knowledge on terraforming rivals, if not surpasses, that of Planetform with ease. We're amongst the best, if not the best, engineers the sector has to offer and we can pull events that'll have Ageira look like starters.
Anyways, should there be a particular question on your mind, don't hesitate to ask. If everything else fails, we can still establish a functioning network based on sharing intel between our squadrons.

For power. For Ishmael. For the Ghosts.
Salutes.
Gabriella Casta.
Transmission; Start

Ms. Casta,

Please accept my thanks for having taken the time to respond and provide me with this rather extensive rundown.
As for what our priorities are, allow me to expose them by importance :
  • House Gallia.

Gallic Royal Navy advance in House Bretonia is a major concern, but also an opportunity. The further Gallic forces penetrate House Bretonia's sovereign space, the longer their supply lines become, and the most pressured their logistics will be. This leaves interesting opportunities to disrupt Gallic forces efficiency.

The entity you belong to could consider providing Intel about House Gallia logistic network and even organize raids to seize valuable material for its own ends.

• House Liberty's Cardamine market.

The Agency is well aware Malteses are not ready to abandon House Liberty's market, because of a lack of alternative. I would personally be inclined to take a pragmatic approach with the entity you belong to, however.

We can agree to let your entity smuggle Cardamine to House Liberty space as long as you provide us with Intel allowing House Liberty law enforcement entities to prevent a bigger volume of Cardamine from entering House Liberty's cardamine market than what your entity would provide. That could be Junkers, Liberty Rogues or even your own competitors within Maltese society. I believe your entity wouldn't mind them losing their influence because of a decline of their profit.

• Better understanding of Maltese's society

I would personally be interested in knowing better Maltese society and its power players : Cartels and societies. a better knowledge would allow the Agency to interact more successfully with elements of your society, and provide them with valuable agreements.

That being said, I have to admit I was rather surprised by the tension observed between Ms. Valdez and you. Would you be kind enough to explain me with further details the reasons of such an hostility?

Thank you for your time, Ms. Casta.

Gabriella Casta
Ishmael
Omicron Alpha

[Image: JmypkAr.png]

Hola. Susan, you've not raised a concern in me calling you by your first name, so I take you're alright with it.
What you ask for is quite the load of information. Moreover, it's crucial information, considering that detailed knowledge about the inner workings of maltese society, given the way Nacion operates, may very well be used with full intend to manipulate civil order and further damage the fundamental structure holding this place only just together. Not to mention the eventual jeopardy I'm risking in sharing this, should our cooperation get known to outside people and reaching the undesired ends on Ishmael, especially when it comes to leaking intel on maltese shipments.
One request I can partly answer already is your concern about the Royal supply lines. Nacion so far, despite in a state of open war with the Monarchy, has no real incentive creating another front at its doorstep. Intel on their efforts keeping their intrusion into the sector running we can get done without any issues. Striking upon their deliveries though requires a more subtle approach. Deploying ships under mercenary flags will most likely sport the best results. Your squadron can partake in both, staging out of maltese outposts Kirkwall and Torino in Orkney and Lorraine respectively. I take you're aware that you need to, and have, as an undercover unit, the capabilities to blend in with the pilots there and avoid any suspicion from being raised.
Returning to my initial statement, there's a way for you to convince me of your confidentiality and more so do me a favour in advance of our mutually shared endeavours to come. Looking at Ghosts current situation on Ishmael, which you'll later sure get to know more about, we require a harbour external to Nacion's current governing body's influence. More precisely, a shipyard out of sight to overhaul the Dies Irae, our flagship of Ranseur class. Let me know what you can do about that and we'll continue our lovely conversation then.

For power. For Ishmael. For the Ghosts.
Salutes.
Gabriella Casta.
Transmission; Start

Ms. Casta,

Sadly, I have to inform you it is doubtful the Agency I'm assigned to would have any chance lobbying successfully House Liberty government regarding that requirement for a shipyard able to perform an overhaul on the vessel mentioned.

Not as is, at very least.
In order to increase the chances of a favorable answer, Agency 404 would have to provide objective facts demonstrating what House Liberty can benefit on a long term basis from such a cooperation. Unfortunately I believe, Ms. Casta, that we can both agree there is anything but certainty in our relation for now. Consequently, the Agency cannot answer favorably to your request at the moment.

Knowing our current priorities, highlighted in the previous transmission sent to you, perhaps your group can consider providing us assistance and Intel aimed at the completion of our objectives, that we could document for a later use within the context of the aforementioned lobbying action?

I'm confident nevertheless that we have much to gain from assisting each other.