Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: The Confederation of Freeports || From: The National Council of Malta
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: ZN3a3C5.png]

COMM-ID: Marietta Mercante
TARGET-ID: The Confederation of Freeports

INITIALIZING MESSAGE

To whom it may concern,

I am contacting the Confederation of Freeports on be'est of the esteemed President of the National Council of Malta because of an issue that 'as constantly been a detriment to both our organisations, I would wager. At approximately 13:37 Sirius Median Time, a Zoner Colony ship entered the sovereign space of Malta via clandestine means, unannounced and unwelcome, and penetrated deeper into the restricted system of Omicron-85, where the MNS-Scarlet Dawn started pursuing it deeper into Omicron-99. Attempts to talk reason into the captain failed miserably, opting to further insult the present Nomads and our own forces by refusing to cooperate and talking down to the Nomad present. It might seem like a ludicrous proposition to you, but the Nacion 'as always enjoyed a neutral stance to the Nomads and we intend to not endanger this by 'aving indignant Zoners use Omicron-85 as gateway into the Nomad Worlds.

Of course, the vessel in question 'as been destroyed and survivors that managed to reach the escape pods were left in Omicron-99 to be judged by the Nomads as they please. You shall find the report of the Scarlet Dawn's captain attached. Luckily, the Scarlet Dawn 'ad someone aboard that actively jutted down in text what the Nomad communed during the encounter, thus it shall be added as well.

The problem with cases like this I 'opefully don't need to explain to you. Cases like these should not need to occur. I entreat you to come together with the Nacion to find a solution for such cases. We realize that it is difficult to curate a group as big and diverse as the Zoners, but given that the CoF is pretty much the only blanket-authority in said group, it is natural that we contact you with this.

I 'ope to 'ear from you soon.

Marietta Mercante
Corsica Intelligence Division

TRANSMISSION TERMINATED

[Image: iXqArpE.gif]

Greetings -

As probably guessed, the vessel in question, "Slayer", is not affiliated with the CoF, nor is this vessel within our records. While we do not condone this captain's actions, we also do not feel responsible for the actions of one that is not a part of the Confederation directly.

Keep in mind, the Confederation is not an organization that operates like a full government, with complete control over it's citizens. Far from it, as that is precisely what Zoners of old steered away from. The totalitarian control that many Houses and organizations inflict on their citizens is something we will never allow within the Confederation. The Confederation instead operates as an intergovernmental organization, if you were to draw a parallel to current political entities. As such, the day to day operations of Zoners is not something that we control or dictate. We instead provide blanket defensive laws for Zoner assets, that as a whole strive for maintaining inter-sector peace and security for not only Zoners primarily, but those who seek a safe neutral and safe haven as provided by our Freeports.

While we do not control individual Zoners and their actions, nor do we feel responsible for their actions, what we do agree on is finding a solution, if one can be found, between the CoF and the Nacion to prevent any hostile actions that could lead to a war.

Since you are the bringing this matter to us, it is only fair and reasonable that you are allowed to present possible solutions first. Please take your time, as a matter of this scale is not something to be decided overnight.

We await your response at your convenience.

Regards,
Confederation of Freeports
[Image: XNyaNMx.png]

COMM-ID: Marietta Mercante
TARGET-ID: The Confederation of Freeports

INITIALIZING MESSAGE

Good evening, sir or madame.

The CID expresses its gratitude for the correspondence. We realize a singular case like this may not warrant as much attention as other things, which is why we understand the delay. Let me correct one thing, though: There was never any mentioning of the word 'war'. The Maltese Nation and the CID understand the complexity and decentralized nature of the Zoner community and as such, there is little sense in condemning the whole for the actions of the few. 'Owever, with the CoF being one of the few authorities in said community, which as you said, provides mostly defensive jurisdiction to ensure the continued free thriving of the people under its patronage, we deemed it prudent to talk to the Confederacy, as we 'ope to reach the biggest 'older of authority thereby.

The nature of the CoF's jurisdiction inplies a certain degree of concern for security, dear sir or madame, and as such, I am sure that we share the worry about a continued stream of human vessels into the Nomad Worlds, like the 'Slayer'. Surely I do not need to tell you what 'appened to the survivors who were left be'ind in the system after it was destroyed. We realize the Confederacy is not able to prevent every Zoner from doing what they please, just like the National Council of Malta is unable to dictate the actions of every Maltese citizen. All that we are 'oping for is for you to issue a public statement condemning trespassing of Zoner assets into the Nomad Worlds for matters of their own security and their fellow men and to actively bar them access from Zoner Freeports should any Zoner asset be discovered trespassing into Maltese space or use it as a transit into the Nomad Worlds.

Marietta Mercante
Corsica Intelligence Division

TRANSMISSION TERMINATED