Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: So about this Kusari Civil War thing...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Quote: If the devs want to work on anything Kusari related, it should be throwing the civil war into full blown house wide war, and putting some profitable trade routes in that will drive trade activity to Kusari.

Exactly. Just a house wide war and not a small front war only.
I actually still like 's first idea on the first page. It wouldn't be another boring house vs house war but could be a working internal war.
"....People go where the credits are. Give Kusari a commodity that sells for big money in New York and you'll get plenty of people there to have a civil war with. ..."

thats a good option, at the moment it seems to be a "lets just travel through it, nothing happens" system
Could we have a statement from the dev team about what is planned for Kusari and the exiles npc faction, please?

Gotta also remind you the Exiles ZOI is still not fixed (limited to kyushu in kusari).
Nobody cares about the Kusari civil war. I know this because I was involved in it, and the devs didn't care about it either and they invented the blinkin' idea. We got the most tangential system of Nagano turned into Leeds lite, a lane broken (which just slows trader players and hurts pirates by removing the incentive to use the lanes) and some battleship movement. Kusari doesn't feel any different. There's no reason to use the planetary atmosphere because only BD have an incentive to be there. You have to be actively wanting to fight in the atmosphere for it's own sake to get people to fly down there.

Oh well, I got the Matsuda moved during my time as ~*~ 1ic and got them to official. There's that.

Both me and char left our respective faction 1ics for lots of different reasons. The primary ones was the devs not giving a damn.

KNF, start some roleplay, go to the Liberty Border, invent a territory dispute and make this happen yourselves. Devs can't stop you if you start shooting.

Now there's the Rheinland/Corsair thing which isn't going to work out because RM is inactive, Devs have an apathy for telling faction leaders anything (and have for years), Admins and Devs don't work together, and Official factions get cut out of the loop. People badmouth the admins but they take suggestions and act on them. Devs have a devving process and a bunch of insular committees more cryptic than the Nomad Lore was in 2013.

Stay in the rules and uphold them. Other than that? Don't let the staff control your RP. This is an RP server, not an ID-and-infocard-enactment server - do it yourself. Do whatever you want within the boundaries of the rules. Go out there, and have fun.

Probably the worst offense I've seen is Solar getting merged because HF needed to become two factions for the advancement of a faction RP. That was an asset in use. Solar was a fascinating faction which was a corporate rival of GMS, not a close friend. Repurposing an entire faction from the most unique house to give to the Hellfire legion for just one or two NPC bases? Why!? I'm seeing indies using the Solar restart and rocking up with a frikin' Commonwealth IFF.

Story devs should serve the factions not the factions serve the story devs. The story is a foundation, not a guideline. It certainly shouldn't direct where you choose to play. The players are not dolls in a dollhouse.

I'm extra-irritated because I was going to make a Solar faction before Durandal decided it shouldn't exist anymore because the Hellfire Legion's story development requires an entire new NPC group to represent the split between the civillian and military population. Grrr. I do like you, Justin, but wasn't there any other way of doing that which wasn't destructive to the potential of Gallia?

I could just /restart Solar and ignore the modification completely. Oooh, that could work.
We did a blockade against Liberty which was apparently ignored/retcon'd.
So no, I do not think we can do anything we want. Admins would probably eventually step in and tell us we cannot deviate this much from the established lore.

It would be nice to see actions taken in order to avoid this "we lost drive to do things because we were ignored and thus abandoned the area" trend happening again.

Or we could just remove anything except Liberty from the mod and call it a day. That's a solution too, and it would fix that "too many systems for server population" problem.
That was in 2014. People weren't as unified towards solving the Kusari problem back then. You might get a different reaction today. A couple of months ago, there was a whole drama about the LSF going rogue. If that was allowed to pass, this certainly will. OORP causes were unified against the change back then, but today they are unified for it.
(11-11-2016, 04:40 PM)Yaoquizque Wrote: [ -> ]We did a blockade against Liberty which was apparently ignored/retcon'd.
So no, I do not think we can do anything we want. Admins would probably eventually step in and tell us we cannot deviate this much from the established lore.

It would be nice to see actions taken in order to avoid this "we lost drive to do things because we were ignored and thus abandoned the area" trend happening again.

Or we could just remove anything except Liberty from the mod and call it a day. That's a solution too, and it would fix that "too many systems for server population" problem.

Right now, I'm RP trading in Gallia, and sometimes just flying around as a civ gallic civ. Gallia. The dead meme house.

Surprisingly, I'm getting great interactions. People offering me 3 million to ship 20 units of Gaian wildlife because they're worried about angering the BPA. Indie Asco's with suprisingly good RP. Convoys with other Gallic Civs. Roleplaying a stubborn imperialist in the heart of a (relatively) stable society yet with a revolution that is actually decisive, well-executed and impactful, unlike Liberty, Bretonia, Kusari, etc.

Sure, the lanes are very short making piracy a little harder, all factions are dead and even the GRN is haemorrhaging itself to death in a skype war/round of bitterVet'ism rather than playing the game, but it's beautiful, Igiss's lore is wonderfully coherent and even though my favourite system in the mod got LOLSupernova'd because of the "Gallia is dead because it's huge" crowd (I'm RPing it as a goverment conspiracy as a comfy flipoff), Gallia is wonderful. It's a blank slate. You can do whatever you want there, nobody is trying to put No-Fun-Allowed stickers on your lawn and it's got great internal traderoutes (kudos to the economy devs; the better side of the dev team).

I feel the whole idea of "Established Lore" is fine. But "Established Story"?

What's the point of an RP server if we can't dynamically invent story changes within reason? You might as well turn it into Hamburg City 2.0 at that point if we're aspiring only to the common denominator of limited consequences beyond PVP and cash earning.
(11-11-2016, 04:45 PM)Thunderer Wrote: [ -> ]That was in 2014. People weren't as unified towards solving the Kusari problem back then. You might get a different reaction today. A couple of months ago, there was a whole drama about the LSF going rogue. If that was allowed to pass, this certainly will. OORP causes were unified against the change back then, but today they are unified for it.

You are correct. But you also have to take into account an event occurring in game which led to well documented interactions between two house governments was totally ignored because it didn't suit the accepted narrative.

I believe it sends a disappointing message : that whatever official factions may do, it wouldn't really matter. What's the advantages of being an official faction again?
But that's another discussion.

Regardless, I don't believe going to war with Liberty is solely for KNF to decide. It involves Liberty, Gallia and possibly Rheinland. It must integrate in a bigger picture. Devs are responsible of this bigger picture. That is why I'm humbly asking what are devs plans for Kusari.
The sad thing is, Achilles, Devs already said "No." to the possibility of Kusari-Liberty tensions. And they seem to be persistent on this almost-dead civil war. One of the suggested solutions was also to make the current government to oppose Gallia through pressure from the Naval Forces. I honestly don't see a future for this three-way civil war, especially after 343 died.

Edit: There was some discussion between the LN and KNF leaderships about possible tensions and raising those to a higher level at somepoint. But got silenced by the devs saying no.
I've learned the lesson that you just play a part in the storyline, but you have no influence on it. It's not a dynamic universe where the universe may respond and be changed by your actions, it's just you playing in the given scenario and trying to make the best of it.

As it stands at the moment, player accomplishments have zero weight. If what you're doing is neutral or (god forbid) against the established storyline plans, then regardless of whether you're an official faction of 20 active members or not, you won't see any changes to reflect it in-game.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6