Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Glendalough Orbital - Conference room
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Jimmy listens to her and is clearly thinking about what she just said.

"Well... that's interestin', aye. I doubt I'd need smugglin' or protectin', I got a lo' of contacts willin' to do that, but those "unusual items" as ya said, those might be interestin. There is one type o' things I need fer this base and if ya 'll be able to get 'em, it would be helpfull."

He pauses for a short moment.

"However, there is a li'l issue 'ere. Ye are from Kusari Navy. And as ya said, ya care fer Kusari. So, tell me. If I let ya stay 'ere, how will I 'now ya ain't usin' me base fer somethin' aimed against Crayterians? While I dinnae really care 'bout them personally, the base is in their space. I already 'ave to juggle 'em and the Outcasts, so addin' another variable into the mix ain't exactly what I'd like to do."

He shrugs.

I'd like to trust ye, I really would, but I'm afraid I'd need some.... insurance. I can't really afford any problems right now."
"Kusari is not really interested by Colonials. The Empire considered them as enemies because of several attacks they launched in Kusari space, but that was long ago. As far as I know, both parties are simply ignoring each other as it stands. Besides Naval Forces have enough in their ends within Kusari right now...."

She nodded to herself, before adding :
"I don't see what Kusari Naval Forces would be doing in Coronado anyway, as the system is way beyond Kusari zone of influence... That said, my request wasn't about allowing an officer of the Naval Forces to use your facility while being on duty, but to allow me as a civilian to use it. Now if you need some insurance, tell me what you have in mind."
"Well I guess Crayter ain't really a problem fer Kusari, since they barely manage to control their own system. Ya 'now what, lass? I can give ya some room 'ere, if ya promise not to brin' a Kusarian ships and their equipement to the base, and if ya can cover the costs fer the room.

Now, 'bout that partnership, I need... well whatever it is that remains in space after ya blast nomad to pieces. Seems like the cloakin' devices can't be made without it. If ya could obtain some of it' I'd pay ya good price fer 'em. The larger the better price of course.

He finishes the rest of the whisky in his glass and turns to Rush.

Anythin' ya want to say? After all, it's yer research, ya need the parts. Or maybe somethin' else miss Sanada might be able to get?"
Rush remained silent, and kinda distracted.. he was thinking about Sanada's proposal but can't find anything that could let her collaborate with him.. he waited for the two to end their bargain, then, when Jimmy asks him:

"Well.. first, I want to apologize for my behaviour.. with both of you. Then..Miss Sanada, whatd'ya think 'bout letting me have a look at those parts, when you will be here on the station? Think about it, it's not so bad... they'll remain in your possession, and I could study them. Nevertheless, I'd understand a negative answer, this would require a lot of trust.."

He pauses, scratching his short beard..

"It's just I don't know how to trust each other.. I'm a poor pilot, you're no researcher.. we'll see.. after all, I guess we'll meet again on this station, right?" he says, with a little smile
"I have a few Alien items I can move to your station. If I recall correctly, one large remain and a few medium sized ones are kept safe for me by an acquaintance located in Omega 49, along with others peculiar items such as prototype guns or alien power-cells. I don't mind letting you studying those remains, Rush-san." she said, nodding to Rush.

She then added thoughtfully :
"I will need to travel to that system in order to gather the items... But I first have an affair to conclude in Pennsylvania system. Therefore, it is unlikely I will be able to bring them to your station before a week or two."

Junko stood up and casually bowed her head before the two men.
"As I said, Rush-san, trust takes time to be earned. Who knows what future will bring? It's been a pleasure, O'Brian-san, Rush-san. We shall meet again."
Jimmy stood up too, as to not appear disrespectfull.

"I'm glad we could reach an agreement, miss. Yer ship can dock 'ere any time, and we'll find a room fer ya to stay, though I can't promise ya anythin' fancy. However, I'd like to ask ye to be extremely careful, when bringin' anythin' nomad related to the base. I dinnae really care if Crayter sees ya, but anyone else might tell it to Outcasts and that would be... extremely troublesome."

Something aparently came to his mind, because he suddenly stopped.

"Ya 'now... I might be able to get me some cloaks in the near future so... if ya need any, just ask. Anyway, twas nice to finally meet ya in person miss. Safe flyin' out there."
Pages: 1 2 3 4