Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Why is it no against the rules for 1 person to be leader of more than 1 official ftcn
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
I am a bit perplexed about how someone can be given the keys to more than 1 official faction that seems very popular. Many risks are run from such a strategy including the other factions being neglected from lack of leadership. Resulting in further losses of players and the status of said factions being diminished.

Just because a player is leader of one faction and member of other does not mean they should be given the helm.

If there are not enough players that is just a sad thing to do.

Effort should be put into encouraging 'lesser' members of factions / community to do the job and trying to attract new players here.

Look at a recently banned player who is leader of 3 Official Factions and 2 of the three led were in some way dying off / have become non-existant.

Whats going on?
*cough*Wesker*cough*
Kinda have to agree with your point of view. One person can't run something that big (even if in real said factions aren't superb big in the first place), but still that involves a lot of multitasking and thinking about stuff in completely opposite views. Which can't be good for all said factions.
It gives certain factions with hidden agendas even more power to push on their agendas because not only do they have more players under them, they can also powergame and use their other faction to their benefit. You're the leader of a faction that's allied/neutral with another faction but you want their PoB out? Well, it just so happens that you're also the leader of this one faction who's hostile with the faction you want to screw over :^)

A couple of oldies on the server would also do everything in their power to keep it that way, newer fresher players who could breathe new life in the community are instead relegated to bitch duty or they just quit.
That what would be really healthier for all factions would be if such a rule exists - to forbid a leader of a faction to lead another faction.

Leading a faction could be/is time consuming and in the end we as players are outside people that go to work and do other activities not only disco stuff. I respect the dedication of those leading 2-3-4 factions at once but in the end that is not fine for the server and the factions. A leader dedicated to one faction could do far more for this faction than someone who is leading 3 factions.

I am sure we all have seen how oorp hatred turns out if you are not fine with a certain player who is leading several factions where you are involved with...It is doubtful if the events would go this way should these factions are lead by other players. And like you stated - if and when such a leader is been banned - all these factions are beheaded.
Because it works sometimes. And because sometimes there's no other choice.

Players created these factions, what gives you the right to dictate their leadership?
On one side, I kind of agree with it being off that someone could lead factions that are at war with eachother

But on the other hand:
(10-26-2016, 10:33 PM)Skorak Wrote: [ -> ]Players created these factions, what gives you the right to dictate their leadership?
I just feel it greatly encourages ooRP hate, metagaming and powergaming and it's been shown time and time again that not only does it encourage it, it is been used as such.
On one side, it doesn't give other random people the chance to even try being a leader. On the other hand, however, If the faction is already being ignored or unused, I don't see why one person can't start up a faction and be it's leader.
Make a new faction. Be it's leader.
It's certainly far from ideal if the same person leads more than 1 faction.
However, sometimes it just happens and becomes necessary to take over and keep it going, for example when leaders suddenly vanish and the option is that the faction just dies.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7