Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Hey, I'm new
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
So, hello.

I started about two days ago, after I ran across a link for the mod while looking for a patch. Actually I originally downloaded Discovery because I misread the description and thought it had it's own single player campaign, but the multiplayer hasn't been so bad.

Which reminds me, is it normal for people to just drop a large sum of credits on a newbie, apparently for no reason? Cause it's happened to me twice now. The last time it was 100,000 and by the time I docked and found his name in the player list he had logged off, so I had no chance to ask if it was a mistake. The first time it was 1,000,000 and I didn't even know it had happened until I logged in the next day. I'm not really sure how I should deal with this...
Welcome to discovery...and really take that as a x-mas gift, as you can see were are kind around these times.
see you in space, and most traders are more than happy to spread the wealth, its what makes disco great lol
Alright so, haul out the checklist:

Don't mess around with the Admins.
Don't mess with Fellow Hoodlum.
Avoid n00bl3t.
Avoid Death.RunningVerminator
Do not divide by zero.
Do not waste forum space.
Remember to RP.
An Apple a day keeps the doctor away.
<strike>Stay in drugs, don't do school.</strike>

Ignore everything I just said.
Welcome to Discovery!

You will find some pirates will anonymously dump credits on you just to put you above civilian rank and pirate you.

My suggestion would be to make a bank and quickly off-load credits you anonymously receive and log into it at the end of the day:D

Cheers:cool:
hey welcome around ^^~
Hey thanks.

And it's nice to know that I can spend without risking an audit by the Sirius IRS.
Have you noticed that the abbreviation for the Sirus IRS is SIRS?
Welcome aboard!

Don't sweat the free credits, some people are into random acts of kindness. In order to send you the credits, one has to knowingly do so, so it is never a mistake. *grins.

The pirate trick is true. But honestly, take the cash and run. You'll need it. Most new setups require around 5 mil. If you are going into trading more will be needed. My advice is simple. Take a moment to think about your role play (who are you, what do you want to do? Trader, Police, Freelancer, Bounty Hunter, Pirate, Smuggler, mercenary, etc.) Then build your character accordingly. I would advise starting out with a trader so that you can learn the commodities, as there are many that exist on Disco, that don't exist in the retail game. Additionally, you'll need to create an income for yourself to purchase ships, weapons, etc.

There are many factions and guilds that will give you start up money to join their cause. This is nice, but beware... make sure that the money isn't the only reason you'd sign up for them. You'll be better served this way.

Don't go around trying to get the Uber ship or Uber weapons loadout. Honestly, you'll have more fun if you take the time to explore and discover what is out there for you. Find out what YOU like. Others can only offer you opinions. In the end, it will be you flying the ship, using the equipment...etc. Make sure it's a reflection that you wish to present.

This is a role playing server, as apposed to player versus environment. Please keep this in mind. The primary focus is role play. Do read the rules and don't test the Admins. Think of them as dragons...watchful and all powerful. "Do not tease dragons for you are crunchy and go well with ketchup"

The Angels are a group dedicated to helping new folks learn the ropes. If you see on in game, give em a whistle. Other folks will be helpful as well. We are all about having a good time in game.

As far as the forums go... please, get active, it's wonderful to have more people participating. Fresh views and angles are much appreciated.

Most importantly...

HAVE FUN!!!

Take Care,

Acid

Wow. That's great advice, thanks!

' Wrote:Have you noticed that the abbreviation for the Sirus IRS is SIRS?
Ah, yes. Yes I did. But if there's a joke there I think I've missed it.
Pages: 1 2 3