Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: [RHA] From: Johnathan Deez
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

‡‡‡ Incoming Transmission
‡‡‡ Strength: 78%
‡‡‡ Encryption: High, Back Channel Transmission?
‡‡‡ Origin: Puerto Rico, "Bucket[J]"
‡‡‡ Sender: "Johnathan Deez"
‡‡‡ Recipient: [RHA], Brigadegeneral Anna Heinrich
‡‡‡ Subject: Freeport Construction Plans

Greetings, Brigadegeneral Heinrich, and all of the Red Hessian Army!

My name is Jonathan Deez. I am a hard-working Junker that operates from the Culibra Smelter in the Puerto Rico system.

I come to you with this missive as I intend to construct a Freeport in the Omega-7 system - the first Junker Freeport in existence.

Seeing how the Rheinland Military cannot raise any fees for the corrupt government in Omega-7, lacking both legal and martial influence, it seems to be the ideal location - however, since the Red Hessian Army is effectively THE force in power in that system, I would like to, no, HAVE to make sure this project has your blessing.

Allow me to elaborate on my plans and intentions.

My Freeport is intended to be a neutral safe haven to all those who are being oppressed by their respective house governments. I have spent most of my life in the systems of Liberty, where I have been subject to ridicule, harrassment and violence just because I do not agree with how Liberty and it's Navy operate under the influence of corporations, effectively being their puppets. And ofcourse it is also owed to my status as Junker and their frustration about us.

While some might argue that the location of Omega-7 may be a bit strange, I believe it is the perfect bridge between the gap of Rheinland and Bretonia Junkers, and any individuals that might require a safe haven to catch their breath. Furthermore I intend to make this station accessible to any hard working civilian miners from the Omegas and beyond, to offer them a fair price for their work and to help them rid themselves of the corporate monopoly that is raging in those systems. I will charge a small fee for storage, but any profit that may or may not be generated from that I will use to help those miners equip themselves to further them in their emancipation, and support my Junker brethren that have come on hard times.

Ofcourse the offer of storage also extends to your forces and allies, who would have permanent docking permissions on the Freeport. I believe this may also be to your advantage, as any honest non-corporate trader would be able to transport the goods you have taken from the claws of the mining corporations. Effectively, I believe it would shorten the route of your transports and help you fulfill your ideal of giving Rheinland back to the people.

What I could offer you once the base is operational are facilities I plan to construct that will support you in finding a cure for the nomad condition, off the books ofcourse, the above mentioned storage facilities, and a well-defended defense grid to enforce a no-fire zone around the Freeport. I imagine this may give your faction a good location for any treaties or agreements that might be made in the future and that require a kind of "neutral ground", as your cause progresses so steadily. I would not be opposed to you using the base as a recruitment platform to your cause either, ofcourse.

Seeing how the Red Hessian Army has allied itself to the Junkers of Kreuzberg Depot already, I am hoping you are generally accepting towards all Junkers. And while I cannot support your cause openly myself due to my ties with Junkers all across Sirius and the possibility of eviction from House space, you can be assured that I will give you my full cooperation in any way I can, maintaining the facade of neutrality to remain operational and avoid open hostilities with other local parties.

Does this project sound appealing to you and, if not, what could be arranged to make this work for you?

Faithfully yours,
Johnathan Deez aboard the Bucket.Prime[J]

P.S.:
I have for some time now worked together with a certain Liberty Rogue by the alias of "The.Law", who mentioned he had some ties to your movement. While I am unsure whether or not this is true, if that is indeed the case I believe he would vouch for my honest intentions in this matter. He has been witness to the Navy bigotry towards Junkers and my displeasure of it, I also shared my plans mentioned above with him. I have supported him through logistics and supplies covertly, and consider him a good friend in this hostile universe.

[Incoming Transmission]

Source: Vogtland Base, Dresden
Encryption level:High

Decrypting...

[Image: FExsXJ0.jpg?1]

Subject: Junker base

Sender ID: Brigadegeneral Anna Heinrich

Guten Abend,

Normally I wouldn't care if the Junkers made an instillation in the Omegas. We aren't tied very firmly but enough for me to show some sympathy.

However, seeing things like corsairs docking on your installation in Hessian territory it raises debate among the Oberkommando.

Since you're a junker installation the Armee will be more sympathetic. We will require a monthly fee of 25 million S.C. sent to [RHA]RHT-Weimar as well as docking access for all [RHA] tagged vessels.

We will wait 1 week to hear back from you.

[Image: 50px-Hessianlogo.png]
Signed, Anna Heinrich

Encrypting...

Closing message...

‡‡‡ Strength: 95%
‡‡‡ Encryption: High, Back Channel Transmission?
‡‡‡ Origin: "Junkers Respite", Omega-7
‡‡‡ Subject: Freeport Construction Plans

Greetings, Ms Heinrich!

I have just now sent you the fee of 25 million S.C.

The base had open docking permissions for some time, but two days ago those have been locked. The RHA was listed for docking access from the very first day the base had become dockable. Even though you were too busy to respond to this message, I have honored every part of the message I could, so far. Construction, however, is still in progress.

One thing that I believe must be an error is that Corsair being able to dock - he definately was not able to within the last 48 hours, since the whitelist has been in effect. Before that we did not deny docking due to the vast amount of resources required for the construction of several modules - we were hoping for passing traders to be able to supply some of the goods prior to registration with us.

Possibly he had docked to Schwermetall Handel? I have seen Corsairs pop up there from time to time, maybe their docking list requires some attention in this matter.

But even then, that Corsair, or any ship, really, could not have been doing any business on our base. We only accepted delivery of the materials for our construction.

I hope this clears up the situation.

Signed,
Johnathan Deez

[Incoming Transmission]

Source: Vogtland Base, Dresden
Encryption level:High

Decrypting...

[Image: FExsXJ0.jpg?1]

Subject: Payment

Sender ID: Brigadegeneral Anna Heinrich

Guten Abend,

The Army will be expecting its next payment shortly. Should we not hear back from you soon we will attempt to contact you again.

[Image: 50px-Hessianlogo.png]
Signed, Anna Heinrich

Encrypting...

Closing message...

‡‡‡ Strength: 95%
‡‡‡ Encryption: High, Back Channel Transmission
‡‡‡ Origin: "Junkers Respite", Omega-7
‡‡‡ Subject: Payment

Good Morning, Ms Heinrich!

I assumed the fee is a monthly affair, am I incorrect in that assumption? The last payment was made on 11/25/823, so in my calendar I marked 12/25/823 for the next transaction. Please correct me if this is not the case.

Signed,
Johnathan Deez

P.S.: The payment of 25.000.000 S.C. has been sent. If the above matter makes this an early payment, I'd appreciate if this was counted as the payment due 12/25/823.