Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: »To: Bret [HIGH PRIORITY]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: HZ1dgdY.png]

»INCOMING TRANSMISSION«

» COMM-ID: Sapphire Raven
» ENCRYPTION: Secure
» LOCATION: ???
» SUBJECT:-

»STARTING MESSAGE«

Good day!

I would like to propose an experiment to be hosted within the New London system on the behalf of Auxesia's Research Team. After a brief analysis of the system, it appears that the interstellar body within the system is within a rare optimal environmental condition to manually 'open' a temporary anomaly - a Jumphole connection - as there appeared to be some kind of gravitational rift converging on the out-skirts of the system sector, as observed by our ships - the same type of locations where the Cultists opened up their anomalies - following the gravitational stream. By approximately 2/11/823, the energy field will be at it's strongest point, allowing it to be essentially nitpicked at, forming a stable route, using this rift to make it even easier to form. The generators - mostly known as the 'Jumphole Generators' - appear to piece together, being able to form a temporary connection that is sustained for a longer period of time in comparison to the 'Jump Drive' technology, however, they lack sufficient capacitors to keep it open for longer than approximately twenty-four hours. Within the subject of study, the observed nature of the Jumphole closes up as the catalyst in the Generators start to run out, slowly 'sealing' the rift neatly without harm. We also believe it may be a possibility to intertwine jump connections, though, for example, the entry would follow the local path of the Manchester route, however - this will be highly unlikely.

[Image: 4Sxe21M.png]

With vigorous efforts to calculate and to reverse-engineer jumping technology and these 'Jump Generators' - we believe we can achieve progress in technological sectors with an experiment, providing bountiful amounts of information. I also wish to extend my invitations to the scientists of Bretonia to study in collaboration about this fascinating discovery. Another bonus is the possibilities of the other end's connection. Perhaps it could connect to a resource rich world, perhaps it could lead you straight to your enemies homeworld, or perhaps it would lead the other end straight into the neighbouring system. We can attempt to make a calculation to guide the tunnel of the anomaly, though it is nearing impossible to do it at this stage.

Of course, pre-cautions in mind, we've taken into accounts for faults and failures. Thus, this is why we would like to ask of you if we can move our Capital vessels and the majority of our scientific crew along with some military assets into the sector to study, protect and analyse this anomaly, and to assist should there be any faults. Various Logistic vessels and Zeta-Wing patrols will be on scene to help secure the test zone, whilst ensuring that faults shouldn't occur. For safety reasons, civilians shouldn't approach the zone.

Should there be any failures, we will be willing to compensate you whatever it will cost, even if we're unable, and you can put all of the blame on me. But we'd like to stay optimistic about this, as the chances of this failing is very low by calculation.

So, what say you, my esteemed friends?

[[ENDING TRANSMISSION]]
[Image: 8KMlXjY.png]

Miss Sapphire Raven,

As stated in an informal manner before, the cabinet approves of this experiment. The possible gains are higher than the threat that arises by a short time connection even to a hostile nation.
The experiment apparently was a success and till now no major threat to New London has appeared.
I personally wish you luck with the associated scientific work.

In service to the Crown,

Miss Sophie Clarke
Secretary to the Cabinet