Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Council of Crete
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
- - -{ Transmission Initiated }- - -

[Image: 11awi7k.jpg]

[Comm-ID]: Colonel Maria Cortez - Maltese 72nd Fleet
[Receiver-ID]: Cretan Council

[Subject]: Inquiry

[Priority]: High
[Encryption]: Strong

Hola.

I'm aware this transmission may come as a surprise to the vast majority of you. No doubt the last thing you expected was a semi-friendly transmission from your 'sworn enemies', but I'm of a mind that we can actually try to do good for each side.

My name is Colonel Maria Cortez. I am more or less the official spokesperson for the Seventy-Second Fleet of Malta, a group of primarily ex-Maltese Navy pilots and scientists working to put an end to the extensive threat of the Nomads. Seeing as how the people of Crete share our dislike for the K'Haran force, and are more or less our kin in terms of original genetic makeup, we felt it was only natural to contact you on the grounds of possible cooperation against this threat.

I wish the Council a good day, and many victories.

Regards,
Colonel Maria Cortez, Task Force Pacientia, Maltese 72nd Fleet.

- - -{ Transmission Terminated }- - -
[Image: av-328661.png]
Sender: Hector Beltran, Elder of The Brotherhood
Encryption:Mucho strong
Recipient: Colonel Maria Cortez
Topic:Business talks
Crete Planet, Omicron Gamma

Saludos Colonel Maria Cortez,

Our archivists have in fact went thorugh all the archive files of the Empire to figure out with whom we are dealing with and
how to procede with negotiations, but that was all in vain, they didn't find anything. The result of that was a long and hard
discussion within the Council which only yielded with the fact that K'hara is a "mutual" enemy.

Besides that conclusion, several questions emerged which unabled us to reach a solution regarding how the Empire should react.
To continue our negotiations, those uncertainties need to be resolved, that's why we are asking you to provide answers and essential
clarifications which would lead to possible future cooperation.

1. Are the Maltese 72nd Fleet depending on Orange?

2. Our intelligence reports are saying that you had orbital facilities in which detoxification happened or atleast tried to.

[Image: P0T1Obs.jpg]
corsair intelligence footage zFx123

Was the detoxification a success, failure or something else?

3. If a part or the whole fleet depends on Orange, where do you get it from?

4. Does your hostility towards K'hara have anything to do with Liquid orange?

Respetuosamente,

Elder Hector Beltran

Corsair Council of Elders
Planet Crete, Omicron Gamma

Transmission Terminated...
- - -{ Transmission Initiated }- - -

[Image: 11awi7k.jpg]

[Comm-ID]: Colonel Maria Cortez - Maltese 72nd Fleet
[Receiver-ID]: Cretan Council

[Subject]: --

[Priority]: High
[Encryption]: Strong

Hola.

I'm pleased the Council took the time to respond. I was certain you'd have questions, which I have done my best to prepare for. To that end, and speaking for the Commander as he himself would likely be answering the comm if able, I will provide you with the clarification you desire.

Firstly, we are to a degree. The Fleet maintains within it's ranks that personnel are free to chose Stabiline over Cardimine should they desire. Those who prefer cardimine are free to use it, but exposure to those who desire to stay free is absolutely prohibited.

Next, attempts were made, yes, to reverse cardimine addiction. The first was pioneered by our own Randall Santiago, but eventually proved far too risky to continue. At this point, we're relying on stabiline to provide use for those among us who desire to become clean.

For those who do require it, however, we procure ours from Rogue, Lane Hacker and Junker installations across Sirius. It's not perfect, but the strategy works and keeps our people from dying.

Finally, and most honestly, the Fleet is not concerned with 'liquid orange'. The Fleet, as opposed to the majority of the Maltese population under the Nation Council, sees the Nomads as a real threat to Sirius and fights them for the continued existence of humanity as a species. Most of us have lost friends and family to the invasion, and have motivation to see that their acts are rebuttled fully.

I hope this has provided you with what information you needed. As with before, I wish the Council the best, as well as many victories.

Regards,
Colonel Maria Cortez, Task Force Pacientia, Maltese 72nd Fleet.

- - -{ Transmission Terminated }- - -