Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: "That Dude" Hunt From: Thomas Aquintas
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Subj: A formal introduction.

Img streaming.

[Image: 500c89f6-2ee4-4200-84c6-cda941545b7c.jpg]

I am a man. I was raised in the fields of Malta and grew up within the tyrannies of a thousand families all vying for power all vying for supremacy until one man shut them all down.

The professor was the controller, he automated much of the world and made sure we were unified, the families accepted his firm rule because he.. he was not like many maltese. He had sought the path to completion the path beyond the simple effects the grasses brings to our kind. It is rumored he found it his horizons become limitless and thus he vanished leaving a squandering legacy behind. Those that latch on to ghosts can only be half alive... never seeking completion.. just to repeat the mistakes.. of the past.

The oracles taught us much. Their understanding and knowledge brought the Cult of Sirius.. The order attached to my family technology, wisdom, and the drive to become more than we were... slaves.

Slaves of the harvest and slaves of alien masters the Cult has always enjoyed a silent and out of the way prestige. We were dark acolytes of what the spirits wanted/needed from us and we dealt with those needs silently and faithfully. The oracles showed that in order for a perfect being to see you..you must in turn become as brilliant as the light itself. In recent years since the merge we strive for this.

While not shrugging off our ties, or separating from our duty to help those in need of shelter, help, and providing food, cardamine, and refuge to those whom had NEEDED it.

Do not mistake what I say.. for the addicted are subjugated everywhere if you are joined with the dust then your freedom is merely the size of your supply... and for many that is not much.

For hundreds of years this was the way it was.. and it continues even corporate meddling into the nature of the dream.. they do not give their cure freely.. you are still subjugated.. This.. war.. is not one we continue.. we seek to end it. We seek to complete the path for all affected. For the oldest slavery.. money..wealth..power.. persists. These things fade in comparison to becoming. Whole.

This is my life's work. Not to spread the dream and enslave humanity... No.. but to complete the path cardamine begins.

The professor left no traces. He left no guides and surely could have perished long ago.. But there are no limits when youve completed the path... I assume this was his fate.

For I have completed the path and see the greater questions posed to all of us. This race as it crawled from caves and let the most savage, cool, and contemplative subjugate the caring and loving and righteous. The meek were never to be food or fodder they were the device for which we were all to make great. To ascend our brothers in mankind to godhood.

This we will complete without a single element of Nomad technology. The answer does not lie there.. for they are fundamentally incapable of being free.

We know what freedom is. This vexes them. and until mastered will continue to fill the gulf of war with our shared blood.

It is true we enjoy an empathy with the aliens, we do not hunt them and harvest them.. We could prove that doing so would only introduce..staple improvements to existing technology.

The answer is their creators. They become more than they biologically started created wondrous and terrifying works of power but nothing was so great as their transition to complete and utter freedom.

This... is my introduction to you. This is who we are. If you have doubts, If you are too skeptical to beleave. Then we can meet. There are events, things occurring in the sector that cannot be stopped unless we work together. and I beleave we should get to work as soon as possible.

-Threewinds
"A man can have anything, if he is willing to sacrifice."
[Image: 4seC3IO.jpg]
INCOMING TRANSMISSION

NEURAL NET ID: Joshua Hunt
SECURITY CLEARANCE: Absolute
ENCRYPTION LEVEL: Extreme
PRIORITY: Medium
FREQUENCY: Relay 37-C/Relay 21-C/Relay 53-K
DELAY: 1.4/s
TOPIC: Uh.

____

Huh.

This... Isn't what I anticipated upon my return to the fold. Quite the opposite, actually.

There is one mistake in your words.

I am not the Keeper.

I've never held an official title within Auxesia. I'm an adviser, and yes, I'm very particular about that.

Now then.

Hi.

This isn't the first time we've crossed paths, you and I. I knew at some point, it wouldn't be the last. I was led to believe that your 'organization' was no better than the Commune or the Cross. Worshiping false deities of another species, enacting their demands and acting as a mindless, indoctrinated arm for them to bend and use at their will. It's going to take a lot of convincing for that opinion to change, but you've certainly surprised me and caught my attention. So let me ask you some questions, Mister Aquintas.

You state that you intend to complete the path Cardamine sets one on, but you have no intention of motivating or forcing others to use it like... Let's just call them other people. What about those who aren't willing to follow that path? Those who weren't exposed to Cardamine by choice?

You wish to end a war, but war is a part of human nature, especially when they believe they're fighting for their very survival. When left to assume, given your... Origins, I'd assume you refer to the First Contact War that has continued for twenty odd years. Why would a cult that supposedly reveres the aggressor want to cease the conflict?

Lastly, what are you hoping to gain from contacting me? What possible reason could you have to contact someone who attempted to track down your Sarissa once upon a time and stop it? I don't recall us ever being good friends, and you'll have to forgive me for not seeing a reason to start trying to be, given that the war you intend to stop is often consisting of skirmishes started by the Nomads in the first place.

Now don't get me wrong - I have, in the past... Had some ideals and was motivated to see an end to this conflict in a pro-human way, but things have since changed. If you're willing and able to answer those questions, we'll see where this goes, but I'm going to remain on the fence for now.

- H

TRANSMISSION TERMINATED
Subj: A formal introduction.

Img streaming.

Choice as an exercise of will is a powerful act. I've given nothing but caution to those possessed by the path to complete it, many of which were not like me.

Not of Malta.

Malta... Indeed no one was exposed to it by choice, it was settle or die but the culture the effects twisted the best of us and sharpened the darkest aspects of mankind. Our memory is older, our emotions are subdued, we are not given to passion but with time and dedication some hatreds here are more cultivated than friendships.

As a heir descendant of the knights of malta from the land before our stars here my family has been caretakers and hospitallers, rendering aid and helping those around us. When space opened up the charge was no different.. our Catholicism was more modern however, we prefer the Mother mary to traditional jesus roots.

The religion aspect gave us a position of some authority until the cult brought us our much deserved isolation from our own culture on behalf of the nomads.

Anyone born of Malta.. because of the orange dream.. sees you as a slave and it is slavery that fuels the hunger of the dream.. the two are hand in hand of malta... but we do not partake.

We revitalise .. heal.. redeem the broken. the overdosed.. the coma ridden ome of the worst examples of what can be done to a person we've seen because of cardamine.. No.. it's a misused tool. Nothing more. The slaves we find are free to leave but many need to be treated and told how to manage their lives more firmly.

The path to freedom. Is available to all seekers however... As this path required a great deal of work, risk, and faith in ones self... We do not seek to convert anyone. The one thing i WILL force on all humans is the need to know all the risks and all the trus information about the orange dream.. And even alien life here in the sector. Too much has happened to have taboos and secrecy about either subject.

War never changes. Clearly. but it isnt the only choice. hesitation with great stakes involved often lead to conflict but In the case of Malta and who we were we simply did not enter a conflict with the aliens and frankly their reasons are their own. However with time and pious action involved we have learned to understand them better then anyone I've ever encountered to date... essentially the younger the soul or dream the more of an echo its trying to talk to.. the ones that actually go out looking for trouble are what you'd regard as hybrid... or given a human like template for thoughts and emotions this is a direct evolution from the so called contact war.

Every experience with humans seems to mutate their awareness in some way. And human emotions are addictive to them. All this that i share did not come from reverence it came from observation and mutual study over generations..

You are the only line to the group i wish to settle any differences with. I have acquired a ..catalog of sorts of projects mostly of your design aimed at creating communication between nomads and ai. Yes I noticed the weaponry.. but that hints to me that you are not dedicated to destruction that you mind can comprehend other paths beyond the common degeneration of ties.

We have our own extensive catalogue that has since entered the public domain of malta... many things that we've attempted to solve for our homeworld chiefly the infertility brought on by the orange dream.

I want you to confront yourself.. why stop there? why cant we solve the problem brought by war? cant we coordinate to clean up mankind's mistakes?

The sarissa you mention.. wasn't just an old vessel it was the only device for a long time we had that could get those seeking shelter out of harmful places.. She primarily visited the pens of Niverton, junker stations, and zoner free ports to pick up those wishing to come to our home here in the Northwestern plateau of malta.

Though her back was broken during a final jump home.. we have since perfected our stealth technology and use small freighters and ships able to get people in trouble out of areas more discreetly.

If there was violence I would ask forgiveness. As I am willing to forgive past transgressions for the sake that much.. so much more can be accomplished.

There is one project I know you will want to be on the forefront. but we can speak of these things in person at barrier gate.

That is if you think this is worth your time.

INCOMING TRANSMISSION

____

So.

You're without that ship, as I had expected. You seem to misunderstand, that the last time we met, you never acted violent. In fact - I did. I should technically be the one apologizing, as I was quite hell bent on destroying your cult and the species that you follow so faithfully. I never once believed that they were more than biological machines designed for the sole purpose of killing until I met someone who... Well, they expanded on that topic, and despite my reluctance, I chose to learn rather than destroy one they had befriended. I understand that individuality within their kind is extremely rare. Almost non-existent, even, given their nature as what is essentially a bee hive.

You're an opportunity, however. A new means of studying another aspect. Do they answer to one entity or a consensus among all? What do they want beyond total control and elimination of our species? What is - if any even exists - their culture? I'm certain all that can be answered when we meet, and yes - that is an agreement to your meeting.

Though, a change of location is necessary. The locals of Coronado would prove a danger to both of us, given that they've so faithfully and mindlessly allowed The Order safe harbor in their midst, and our war with The Order would make me a prime target if caught alone. We can meet in Inverness, far from traffic and prying eyes. Simply give a time, and I can arrive to provide my vessel as a meeting grounds, but I am obligated to warn you that any sort of trickery will result in your death, Thomas. We're a very cautious and suspicious people. We hold trust in high regard, and our two groups have seen very little of it over the years. I won't hesitate to strike if I have to, but I'd rather avoid violence if at all possible.

I'm certainly curious to see what you bring to the table.

- H

TRANSMISSION TERMINATED
Text message:

"I am preparing to leave I will be at the station shortly. "
INCOMING TRANSMISSION

____

Mister Aquintas.

After the first incident, I thought it was merely a mistake that one of yours chose to involve itself in a combat scenario. This time, however, it seems one of your subordinates deliberately ran off with technology that we want back.

The terms of our involvement are as follows:

- Laguna will return the equipment it stole in Cayman. Particularly two unique prototype cannons that a Wraith was shot down for.
- Our involvement will remain purely clandestine.

I am not happy that such equipment managed to escape because of your people. It does not speak very well for your idea and our involvement, especially when our mission is interfered with. Once these terms are acknowledged and met, we can begin.

- H

TRANSMISSION TERMINATED

I am not looking to agitate you but you...are agitated. Truthfully you have some base ideas of ownership when you say.. you shot down a wraith..oh so carefully to remove its weapons intact.. This is highly suspicious. And .. not a good idea. The hive sees many things and right now we are all under the microscope. This isnt a threat.

It's a warning. Your unconvinced of danger? you dont not fear meddling with the hive? you see the universe as a fast sea of stars where you can run and hide and hoard your trinkets and hope it sees you through doomsday.

I tell you.. no matter what you do. nothing is as important right now as your willingness to set your intellectual greed aside and realise. the lives of billions hang on our combined efforts.

As for your conditions...

I had almost given up hope on your reply. The situation is becoming more dire, our ability to influence the sector for... possible the foreseeable future is shrinking.

I had not told my exarchs anything about our discussion or relationship because frankly I had heard nothing back from you. I appreciate you maybe busy but priorities are... demonstrated by action wouldn't you say?

The shrines captain is dead though the sponsor still lives.. I would say lessons learned.

Im glad youve.. asked for the weapons ... of which i can tell you are not terribly impressive.

The wilde realise that your weaponry is sufficient for destroying you but these infused models are made more to make efficient use of energy.. and of course terrorise their prey.

its their mode of operation.. they use your ships to terrorize divide.. sew chaos. They are not afraid of self destruction.

I would say.. it in intentionally tainted source for..what you'd value as researchable technology. But I digress i will accompany Laguna and give you your precious trinkets.

We will speak in person then.. to pressing and much more important matters.

I hope you are receptive... its needed.

-T
INCOMING TRANSMISSION

____

Mister Aquintas.

I'm sure you were familiar with the most recent Delta incident surrounding the Freeport. That - as well as some business in Inverness - has occupied a bulk of my time, as well as discussing your proposal. It was not an easy one to discuss, after all.

Technology is our goal. It is a source of knowledge, a means of improving ourselves, no matter if it's antiquated or redundant - It's something we seek to protect and learn from. When your operative interfered and took what we were after, that was a severe insult to our cause. I was willing to give you a chance to return that equipment as a means of redemption, before I would agree to your proposal.

Nevertheless, once they're delivered to us, we can talk again about where to proceed.

- H

TRANSMISSION TERMINATED