Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Angus Livingstone - Biography and Stories
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Type: work in progress --- Current state: Locked to Read Only

Curriculum Vitae

[Image: aqUYkxe.png]
Following informations were updated: 19.01.824 A.S.

Basic Information:
First name: Angus
Last name: Livingstone
Occupation: Freelancer trader/explorer. Odd jobs when the chance arises.
Current Residence: XDS-2 "Voyager" Deep Space Freighter [F13/B26]

Social Information:
Date of Birth: 26.03.800 A.S.
Place of Birth: Planet Leeds
Nationality: Bretonia
Origin: Descendant of scotts.
Political Party: -
Affiliation: Freelancer
Marital status: Single
Spouse(s): -
Children: -
Criminal Record: -

Biological Information:
Race: Human, Caucasian
Height: 187cm
Weight: 84kg
Body Mass Index: 24
Eye Color: Green
Hair Color: Ginger
Personality/Traits: Explorative, lightminded, determined

Piloting experience:

[Image: Dsy_civilian_shuttle.png]
Ship: IDC K-LF-337 "Stargazer" Civilian Shuttle
Flight hours: 1976
Timeframe: 26.03.814 A.S. - 26.03.815 A.S.
Flight types: Small deliveries in Bretonia space.

[Image: 381px-Dsy_renzu_fr.png]
Ship: Renzu Corp "Anki" Civilian Freighter
Flight hours: 16430
Timeframe: 26.03.815 A.S. - 07.01.820 A.S.
Flight types:

[Image: X_shuttle.png]
Ship: XDS-2 "Voyager" Deep Space Freighter [Current Ship]
Flight hours: 104
Timeframe: 07.01.820 A.S. - ??.??.??? A.S.
Flight types:

Type: work in progress --- Current state: Locked to Read Only

Diary & Stories

02.01.824 A.S.

My good old Anki was not in the perfect condition the last couple of months. Then I pushed it to the threshold when I was trying to make as much credits as I could during the shopping fever around the "Sleeper Ships Arival to sirius Commemoration Day".

Today, when I was trying to start my engines in order to get to my current hauling job, there was a power failure and the whole ship went dark and silent. Even the life support system was offline. I managed to restart the system again, but decided I had enough. Anki was a good tool and a place to live for past 5 years, but if such a failure accured anywhere else except the dock of Waterloo station, it could have become my coffin.

So I decided I DESPERATELY NEED a new ship. The "XDS-2 "Voyager" Deep Space Freighter" caught my eye when browsing neuralnet in seach of affordable freighter. It usually goes for 2 million credits, but this one was with 15% discount. Now this was a good catch, I somehow gathered the credits needed, but there was a problem. I had to go to New Berlin to buy the thing. Not having other means of transportation available, I had to resort to one last voyage with my Anki, before I get my new Voyager.

03.01.824 A.S.

So I packed what was necessary for the trip, told some friends where am I going in case I did not come back. Fortunately I did not have to fly alone, my friend Jacob was just preparing for a way to New Berlin with load of Gin. He offered me to come with him and make some credits on the way by hauling a part of the cargo. As I was definitely short of money I happily agreed and we left New London together.

05.01.824 A.S.

The trip was pretty quiet and we arrived to New Berlin without problems. After unloading Gin on Planet New Berlin I had enough to buy the new ship and some more to keep me alive for a few months. The Gin pays out good, if you are doing it for private custommer. Me and John had quiet a party to celebrate.

07.01.824 A.S.

Today John left back to New London with some prominent cargo, that was already late for delivery. Where does he get these offers from? Anyway, we split at the Bonn Station, because I needed time to buy my new ship and prepare it and myself for the first flight.

When buying the "Voyager" the seller had a special offer: Coupon for 50% discount for a week holiday on the "Grand Vista Orbital" station above the "Planet Gran Canaria". Since I really felt like I need a vacation, I used the coupon and made a reservation for 10.01.824 A.S.

08.01.824 A.S.

Because Im an adventurous type, I decided not to go the same path back to Bretonia space, but rather take a detour and visit the Cayman system on the way. They say the clouds of "Planet Braillia" are really interesting at this time of year.

So I headed to Stuttgart and then to Omega-11, briefly visiting the Solarius Station and observing the Red Giant using various sensors available on the station. And also acquiring current maps of the area so I could safely find Jump Holes to Omega-47 and Cayman systems.

09.01.824 A.S.

I did found the Omega-47 Jump Hole just fine and after jumping set course to the Cayman Jump Hole. Shortly after entering El Aaiun Field, my scanners picked up weird signatures. It didnt take long before they came closer and I was able to reckognize specific Red Hessian patterns. They saw me too and started to pursue me. It is not easy to fly through asteroid field with a pair of hungry fighters on your back. Before I knew it I was on a course away from the location where the Cayman Jump hole should be. With no option to turn, as those bastards didnt stop chasing me.

Finaly I was in the open and could push the pedal to the metal. I looked like I was outrunning the Hessians, slowly getting out of their scanner range. I saw another asteroid field before me, and figured it was Melilla Debris Field. A good place to hide from them. As I was closing to the field, they suddenly gave up. I was so happy I got them from my tail.

Just before I entered the Melilla Debris Field, my scanners allert me of another incomming ships. I didnt want to risk anything and dived deep into the field, hoping to get some protection from their scanners, whoever it may be.

After some time I picked up a signature of Jump Hole that was not on my maps. I came a bit closer to investigate it a bit. In a blink of the eye there were about 5 new signatures on my scanners, informations indicating these are not friendly.

There was no time to think, I started up the engines and jumped through the Jump Hole.

This was deffinitely not Cayman, and it didnt look friendly at all. Knowing that those ships might enter behind me any second, and seeing only hostile targets on my scanner, I had no other option, but to fly as fast as I could in the direction where was the least ammount of contacts. They were chasing me again, but gave up as soon as I entered the large cloud of radioactive dust and rocks. It didnt take long, before my scanners were pretty much useless because of all that radiation. Those bad guys knew better than chase me here. I was lost.

So here I was in what I later found out was called Sterngrabe Nebula, bathing in radiation from Neutron Star and wondering whether I will survive this or not. Having no idea where I was, or how would I get to some safer place. Going back to Omega-47 didnt really seem like an option, even if was able to get out of this radiating hell.

The hull was taking more and more damage from radiation and nanobots couldnt keep up, as I tried to find a way out of this mess. It seemed to me, that Im actually flying tovards the center, that couldnt be good. I will have to turn around or something soon.

Then when the pulsing radiation decreased in strenght, I picked up something on my scanners for a second. After moving slowly, meter by meter in that direction, the signal got stronger. I found a wreck.

There was no chance of boarding it in this kind of environment. The insides must have been sparking with radiation. Hoping to find some nanos to keep me alive for a little longer I digged into the wreck with my Flashpoints. Sadly there were no nanobots, but there was something else that caught my attention. A weird looking object. I beamed it in my cargo and turned my ship 90° to the right. It was a direction as good as any other, as long as it wasnt forward or backwards.

After some time, the radiation intesity has decreased, indicating that Im on a way from the Neutron Star, that was good. I was advancing slowly, the idea of damaging the ship by crashing into asteroid was terryfying. After few hours I picked up a Jump Hole signature. Hurray, Im saved, it cannot be worse on the other side, can it?

It turned out, it was not worse, but still pretty bad. I had some scarce mapping of this system. Omega-52, the home of Coalition, my enemies and allies of Red Hessians. My only hope was to fly undetected to Omega-9 Jump Hole that I knew was located in Sector F4.

10.01.824 A.S.

I arrived to Cambridge after my escape from the horrors I experienced in Omegas. I left the ship in the docks of Planet Cambridge for diagnostics and repairs. All I needed now was rest and meditate about my life.

What better place would there be, than my already reserver and paid week on "Grand Vista Orbital". I bought a ticket on one of the liners heading there and went to sleep throughout the journey.

18.01.824 A.S.

Back from the holidays. Today I arrived to "Planet Cambridge" and went to docks to see the status of "Voyager". The damage on the brand new ship was extensive and it did cost a lot of credits just to make it safely operational again.

It was good, that I didnt die but the trip to "Cayman", where I never got anyway, did cost me a lot. Too much to be exact. I had to make some credits. Big credits and fast if possible. Then when I was going throu the cargo hold, I stumbled on that weird object I picked up in the "Sterngrabe Nebula".

Hoping this thing could be scientificaly useful, I decided to try to present it to some company and see if I can whack some credits out of the terrible adventure that I have been thru.

18.01.824 A.S.

When browsing through the neural net, I realized that dealing with big corporations is not easy and takes time. But smaller expanding company could be a different story. They might be less beurocratic and go straight to the point. Plus, as much I needed money, I was interested in the thing, that almost cost me my life. Maybe I will be allowed to take a look at some of the findings? Now just to find the right one and then "Let the negotiations begin!"