Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Samuel Locklear
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: 4seC3IO.jpg]
INCOMING TRANSMISSION

NEURAL NET ID: Joshua Hunt
SECURITY CLEARANCE: Absolute
ENCRYPTION LEVEL: Extreme
PRIORITY: High
FREQUENCY: EIDO
DELAY: N/A
TOPIC: Recent incidents.

____

Hello, Locklear.

You're probably a little curious as to where we disappeared to, seeing as how one of your pilots rode home on our flagship. I'll keep it brief.

We've been in The Omicrons, fighting two wars. One on behalf of The Zoners, due to The Core kidnapping one of our closest associates outside of our organization, and the other on our own accord, due to The Order's loving actions of starting another war with their own species.

Seriously, did they always have that habit?

Anyways, I'll cut to the point. I know you of all people didn't want to get involved during that meeting with a certain Osiris captain who got involved where he shouldn't have, which prompted our full retaliation. Their reckless behavior stretched back months. Almost a year now, to be precise. Arrogance far beyond the acceptable levels of people who have been through what they've been through. Idiocy in comparison to the few that The Republic likes to bolster their fleet ranks with, which ended up casing both incidents for The Zoners, because of their choice to use pacifists as human shields.

Their attacks, insults, aggression and general attempts on eradicating us had continued for so long. Their incessant threats and attempts to kill Keeper Raven or myself had driven us to full retaliation.

That retaliation came in the form of several things.

We drove most of their forces from the Independent Worlds. We've driven a wedge between them and some of their "associates", cutting off their ties to Liberty. We've taken their ships, destroyed many others, accepted their runaways in to our ranks, including former members of their Overwatch. We've hit their industry, manipulating their standing with Omicron factions against them, by letting slip the location of an Iridium storage facility to The Core. We've continuously disrupted and destroyed their vessels in both the borders and Omicron space, conducting several strikes against their home. Their shortcomings and blatant disregard for the well-being of others in their hate-fueled crusade against someone who might steal their spotlight as supposed "saviors of humanity" has put them in a position to fail.

And yet they still persist on retaining their stance against us.

In case you're in disbelief, I've opted the following mission file out from the records. It's classified, obviously. Only a matter of time before they realize it, anyway.

PERSONAL MESSAGE

This goes far deeper than them pushing us, Locklear. They've threatened - not just our society and our duty - but my family. They've sent assassins after Raven, threatened my son's life, and have yet to see the error in their ways. They've been a thorn in my side, and I can imagine that arrogance is starting to overflow in to your duties, day by day.

There is no need for an organization that clings to past glories to justify their existence and acts of violence against children, women, and a society which shared a goal of theirs. Their own jealousy and determination to control everything relating to The Nomads has set them down a rather dark path. I will not sit idly by while they threaten my people, and I will not stop until they've accepted their mistakes, and admitted them openly.

For now, the bulk of their remaining Independent World forces have been using The Crayter Republic as a shield, which we'd rather not provoke in to becoming a sword.

Be that as it may, that leaves the particular presence of one of their vessels in your backyard, in a system which we hold interest in. Working with The Bretonians in removing the Order has been tedious, and they themselves have stated that attempts at removing that vessel from its nest have failed. Now that they're occupied with the Gallics, it's down to us to finish the job.

I'm hoping we can simply overpower it, but if you've got any plans for asking them politely to get out, I'm all ears.

- H

TRANSMISSION TERMINATED
[Image: Hxg9cnQ.png]

I understand what you're asking and largely agree with you believe it or not Hunt, but we simply do not have the resources to start another war. Even if we could temporarily pull back Taskforce Warhammer to lay siege to the Atum, in the long run it means crossing another name off of a very short list of people who don't actively shoot us.

The Order's actions have been reprehensible as of late, I understand that. And in the long term the Atum's position at our doorstep is not something we can afford to overlook. But as for the present? We're swamped. Sorry Curator, but I think this one is on you.

Lord Commander Samuel Locklear, Hellfire Legion.