Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: .404
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
- Message Class: Textual -

-= Standart Encryption =-

[img float=right]http://i.imgur.com/U1OxmMr.png?1[/img]

Priority: Medium
To: .404 command

Esteemed director of the .404,

I just returned from a rather heated battlefield so excuse if I come to the point without much talk.
I think one of your agents with the callsign Speedster should be given a week or two off, considering he saw fit to, when asked for the reason of his stay, give no concrete answer and from there on mock and provoke an apparently already hot headed Commander of ours.
Said Commander then overreacted, as forseen by your agent and brought the agents shields down, after wich your agent left but not without provoking more over open channels and in a disgusting way about the fallen of and on Leeds.
We will deal with the Commander in question, but this was not a one sided incident.

Your agent seemed to misunderstand Bretonian law. Foreign intelligence is not permitted within Bretonia, the LSF and its sub-agencies are allowed to enter our space after contacting the Armed Forces or Police.
That we asked for the purpose if his visit was actually a mild step, the law demands to pay a fine and the immediate departure of said agents.
I was contacted by him after he left and he justified his doing with the loss of friends and family. That is why I think he might need some time off to get well mentally before he causes more serious trouble.

As for lacking respect he mentioned, respect is not to throw away our laws and constitution for the convenience of an agent, that would be opression.
Respect would be to respect our laws, just as we repect yours.
We indeed are thankful for Libertys support, but that does not make Bretonia Liberty space. Neither is it one sided, without us Liberty would feel the full might of the Gallic invasion just as we without your help.
Mutual respect and support is of utmost importance and I hope not only I see it this way.

yours sincerely
Jacob McIntire

Transmission; Start
Identification: Operative Susan Ward
Encryption: Secure

Admiral McIntire,

We have to deeply apologize for the delay of this response. I'm afraid Agency 404 assets have been under significant pressure lately, and given the rather small scale of our organization, such stress can impact significantly our capabilities to reply in a timely manner, even when issues are as important as the one we are facing here.

That said, please accept our thanks for having taken the time to bring up this issue. It is most unfortunate such an incident happened, and I personally cannot find any excuse for the behavior of the asset 'Speedster'. The reasons he personally gave you for such a behavior are however interesting, and will certainly need to be escalated to our overseeing body, so that a proper resolution can be achieved.

As for the concerns you expressed, I believe we are in perfect agreement. Agency 404 never considered House Bretonia sovereign space to have become a subset of House Liberty sovereign space, nor were we ever instructed to ignore House Bretonia laws.
I have personally been doing assignments in House Bretonia numerous times, and never experienced any issue while cooperating with Armed Forces.

Now, Mr. McIntire, you must understand the activities we are pursuing both inside and outside of House Bretonia are of the most vital nature, and it is simply impossible for House Liberty to cease these activities, especially when the conflict is about to shift towards its borders. The Agency is entrusted with gathering key Intel against hostiles forces, information which is essential for our military to gain the advantage in any conflict it may have to face.

Consequently, and while I perfectly understand your reservations following this incident, I can only ask you to give us a chance to perform our duty. Rest assured our intent is definitely not to act against House Bretonia interests as it stands, and that the Agency is therefore not committing any espionage against House Bretonia assets.

Lastly, regarding your demand for a fine, I will be glad to personally pay it, if it can allow us to forget about this isolated incident, and increase the chances for us to cooperate flawlessly in the future.

Transmission: End
- Message Class: Textual -

-= Standart Encryption =-

[img float=right]http://i.imgur.com/U1OxmMr.png?1[/img]

Priority: Medium
To: .404 command

Miss Susan Ward,

Firstly, I think you missunderstood me in one point. I do not issue a fine, I pointed out what would have been the procedure applied to any other foreign agency.
The Admiralty and I personally view Liberty as one of the very few trustworthy partners we have, therefore we do treat your agents in Bretonia softer than we would treat other foreign agents.
I as well see the need for and worth of your work. As the one in charge for the Armed Forces Tau operations I know of the invaluable advantages of a working intelligence network and appreciate what the BIS and LSF do for our nations.
I will not ask you to cease your operations but to answer to questions our pilots might ask. They are instructed to ask questions, as the BIS and LSF often hears of potential threats earlier than our regular troops and it might speed up our reaction time.
Futher I am glad that this concerning talk of "Speedster" is not the general consens in the 404, even though I had little doubt that it would turn out this way.
I feel with the agent in his situation, we all lost men and women we knew and loved in this war. Please relay him my best wishes.

yours sincerely
Jacob McIntire

Transmission; Start
Identification: Operative Susan Ward
Encryption: Secure

Admiral McIntire,

The Agency would be glad to further increase its cooperation with both Armed Forces and Intelligence Services. I am thus ready to receive an enumeration of key needs for the Admiralty. Please take note however that, as mentioned in the last transmission, our capabilities are limited for one, and that our core business is mainly about Intelligence gathering, assets infiltration as well as both organizational and personal manipulation.

That said, please accept my thanks for your concern about asset 'Speedster'. I will let him know and ask him to formally apologize using this transmission node. There is no guarantee he will agree to do so however, given how stubborn this asset can be, as you certainly may have noticed.

Transmission: End