Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Jimmy the Rat - From: Richard Riedler UN|
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Incoming Transmission

[Image: H5GgNfh.jpg]

To: Jimmy the Rat

Subject: A compromise of interest

Jimmy die Ratte,

we told you, you'd be hearing from us again. And now it is your choice if this is the last nice call you get from us.
As you told us, you're Libertonian. Something we don't like much, really. But I do believe we can look aside that, if you offer a bit of assistance.
I'm pretty sure this transmission has reached you as well, though I wanted to make sure you get to use that opportunity to show yourself in a good light to us.
As you probably could tell from last time, we have all the capabilities to blow you out of Rheinland for good. Now, this may sound like a threat, Ratte, however it isn't.
At least not yet.
So, there are three options for you right now.
Nummer eins: You provide as asked and get paid for it, ultimately making us squint our eyes when you pass us, so you're unharmed.
Nummer zwei: You do not provide that, but an alternative that might satisfy us sufficiently. Be it relations to someone who will do as asked, or possibly the act of bait for the lawfuls.
Nummer drei: You do not provide and look down the barrels of our guns and turrets, until you never show yourself in Rheinland at all.

So these are your options. I will leave this transmission link open for a while. And I hope - for your family and friends - that I will have something in my Inbox soon.

For Rheinland,
Richard Riedler.
Gefreiter, Pacifica Base.

Transmission Ended

Incoming Message
Heavy Encryption Detected
Origin: #ERROR#
Message Begins

Yeah, I've been expectin' you Mr Riedler,

See, threats ain't nothin' new to me. Gotta show a little muscle to anyone on your turf, show 'em whose the boss right? I get that.

Now you've come to me with this offer mixed in with that threat but nona that matters 'cos I ain't interested. Movin' live cargo ain't what I do and kidnappin' ain't the Pack's forte capiche? I'll let it slide since you didn't know and I'll forget about that third option too, just this once.

And since we're fresh outa options, I'll make you a' counter offer.

From now on we start treatin' each other with respect, no more threats and no more muscle. A clean slate and my services will still be open to you, should you need them. But you stop me again for nothin' and I'll be sure to let the Hogosha and Corsairs know exactly whose been messin' up my deliveries.

Ciao.

Message Ends
Incoming Transmission

Jimmy die Ratte,

you may have lived a fairly easy life before, if you don't know that respect is earned, not simply given from the start. I will continue to see you as what you are - a libertonian smuggler - until you give me a reason to show respect. However, until that happens I'll continue to be myself.
Now, you may have said we are... "fresh outa options".. But I disagree with you there, Ratte. I gave you three Options, two of which were not the best for you, as it seems. You are not a cutthroat or a kidnapper, I understand that. It takes something else to bring a man to start with this line of "work".
But nonetheless you seem to have forgotten the second option. An alternative that satisfies us as well.
You know what our goal is, what we want to achieve with this operation. We require recruits. However, these potential recruits are bound to resist, which will definetely cause trouble and call for measures we'd rather not take. So how about the following?
Instead of going against your conscience, how about helping us "accommodate" these recruits? We're talking Cryocubes here, as to hinder unwanted movement around our "accommodations".
Given your transporting vessel, I'd say two full shipments would suffice, so we have some spare if they break down. If you name a reasonable price and perform this contract we might even write you a letter of recommendation and hire you again in the future.
Now this would earn our trust. This is the last step I'll take towards you out of necessity. If you decline and fail to present another alternative for us, I will gladly have a chat with both the Hogosha and Corsairs myself about you.
Be aware, that you wouldn't have to worry about any Unioner to "mess with your deliveries" anymore, if you comply. You even get paid.
So don't go complaining, Ratte. Es könnte schlimmer sein.

For Rheinland,
Richard Riedler.

Transmission Ended

Incoming Message
Message Begins

I ain't an unreasonable man Mr Riedler, you want two shipments of Cryotubes? You got 'em. Hell I'll even cut you a good deal, 10 million for the lot.
Consider it an offer of respect and a down payment for future business. Just let me know where you want 'em delivered and I'll see to it.

Ciao.

Message Ends
Incoming Transmission

Jimmy die Ratte,

the Union is glad you are being sensible. We have a deal.
Remember where we first stopped you? On the tradelane from the New Berlin Jumpgate to Mannheim Station, about the middle, move into the orange cloud and look for Speyer Base, if you don't know its location already. If docking control is in a good mood, just dock and sell them to our equipment dealer there. If not, tell us when you're in the system and we'll take them off of your hands. You get whatever the dealer's paying, and you get the bonus after sending us proof of both deliveries, Ja? Of course we require the time you delivered them, including visual proof.
We are looking forward to the shipments.
Auf eine gute Zusammenarbeit, Ratte.

For Rheinland,
Richard Riedler.

Transmission Ended

Incoming Message
Message Begins

Hey Mr Riedler,

You'll find a fresh shipment of Cryotubes waitin' for you on Speyer as promised. I can't tell you what time I got there since radiation damage threw out almost all my electronics, lemme tell you tryin' to navigate a gas cloud with only basic nav ain't fun. I gotta patch this old girl up first so the next shipment will be a in few days.

Ciao.

Message Ends
Incoming Transmission

Jimmy die Ratte,

it is good to see you working with us so efficiently. The first half of the payment has been transfered to you.
[Image: YnVBXJw.png]
We'll be looking forward to your second shipment. I would say "take your time", however we need those cryocubes fast.

For Rheinland,
Richard Riedler.

Transmission Ended

Incoming Message
Message Begins

Your guys do good work Riedler, they had my ship patched up enough to get full repairs at Heinsberg.

Anyways, I dropped off the last of Cryotubes just like I said. So whats the verdict? Am I still just some smuggler from Liberty or do we have ourselves an understandin'?

Ciao.

Message Ends
Incoming Transmission

Jimmy die Ratte,

you have helped out the Union well. I have forwarded the payment and allowed myself to add a small bonus of 50 percent as well.
[Image: 8MTS1J3.png]
For now you are a smuggler we more than tolerate. We will be in touch if we require anything else again. Logically for a price. We may be seen as terrorists, but we know the value and cost of Arbeit. You are on our good side now, and we will be looking forward to future cooperation.
And given that you have seen our men and women work already, feel free to throw any request you may have regarding ship modification or even construction our way.
With the proper pay or supply of resources, I'm sure we could help you out next time. I could imagine you encountering trouble from time to time with the lawfuls, given your line of work.
Until then however, sei Vorsichtig, Ratte. Stay safe.

For Rheinland,
Richard Riedler.

Transmission Ended

Incoming Message
Message Begins

Riedler, you're alright.

I appreciate your guys' offer and I do have plans for the future which might need your buildin' expertise, until then you take it easy.
You know how to find me if you need anythin'.

Ciao.

Message Ends