Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Hunt, Joshua
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: muR6DGe.png]

Hello Mister Hunt. I'm not sure if you know me, but I know you, as knowing things is a Star Colonel's business, something I trust you understand?

I'll cut to the chase. I couldn't help but listen in on your little communique with Locklear. Our Lord Commander is many things, and before you think of what I'm about to propose as treachery I will stop you there. Samuel Locklear is a great man, perhaps the only I'd lay down my life for. But greatness does not often beget cunning, and gives way to certain weaknesses of the ethical breed.

The Order would just as soon do to us what I am proposing we take the initiative on. Attached is an encrypted file in .hxt format, which you should be familiar with given your previous occupation.

I look forward to hearing your perspective.

Etomgi Sahega, Star Colonel, Hellfire Legion
[Image: 4seC3IO.jpg]
INCOMING TRANSMISSION

NEURAL NET ID: Joshua Hunt
SECURITY CLEARANCE: Absolute
ENCRYPTION LEVEL: Extreme
PRIORITY: High
FREQUENCY: EIDO
DELAY: N/A
TOPIC: Hm.

____

Star Colonel Sahega, huh?

I shouldn't be surprised that your division would be listening in to private calls. It's part of the job, after all. Security first.

I wouldn't call that proposal treachery, so much as taking initiative for the security of The Commonwealth. There are some holes and questions it raised, however. I've addressed them in a response. Same encryption format.

- H

TRANSMISSION TERMINATED

Anything for the Legion, not to mention the SAD's unwholesome history of cozenage and negligence towards the Thastus's original intent. If an eavesdropper is what I must be it's a cross I gladly bear.

I've attached one last file in which I have offered what assurance and suggestion on the subject that I may. From now on, I think it best that we have no more discussion on the matter with the exception of arranging a time.

Color me impressed with how well you balance practicality and loyalty. Perhaps if you weren't Raven's...

INCOMING TRANSMISSION

____

Star Colonel Sahega,

My loyalty lies with The People of Auxo, and much like you would for Locklear - I'd put my life on the line for Raven.

Also, SOARD is a better acronym. SAD makes me think of a bunch of frowning, depressed... I don't know. Something.

Final retort attached to this message. We'll speak again when something can be set in motion.

- H

TRANSMISSION TERMINATED
INCOMING TRANSMISSION

____

Sahega,

The hand-off was successful and I've put the plan in to motion. I've spoken to one associate, and I plan to make contact with another about finalizing things.

I've included a bonus in this file. I'm sure you'll find use for it. You won't hear from me again until the matter is concluded.

- H

TRANSMISSION TERMINATED
INCOMING TRANSMISSION

____

Sahega,

Everything is in motion and we're on schedule. Contact was made with the proxy and payment delivered for their participation. He has history with us and knows what's at stake.

I hope you're ready for a good show.

- H

TRANSMISSION TERMINATED

I'll recall The Incursus for dual ELINT/ECM duty accompanied by a pair of battlecruisers. They'll be ready for rapid response and peacekeeping action throughout the system once the operation begins.

I wish I could spare more, but I can't re-route additional assets without arousing suspicions. It's highly likely that Admiral Lancaster or Admiral Smith will be officially coordinating the Legion's response once the word is out if Locklear has not returned by then. If it's Lancaster he'll favor a more conservative approach, locking down key points in the system. It it's Smith, he'll deploy his assets aggressively.

The Libertine, Leviathan, Manticore, and Minotaur are all apt to make an appearance. I highly doubt they'll risk moving the Ven'Gyr and her cruiser group away from the Libertonian front however.