Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To the Bretonian "Admiralty"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: I5nAktv.jpg]
Recipient: The Bretonian Admiralty
Subject: Time to get things "legal"

Alright then "Admiralty",

maybe you've been contacted by the captain of the HMS-Gaia already about me, flying a "stolen" spacecraft. First and foremost, I'd like to make sure this is clear, that I did not steal it. I purchased it straight from the ship dealer on Battleship Essex, who did not object to a Freelancer paying good money.
Now, I got to love this ship already. I had some run-ins with the unlawfuls and their weapons platforms they were trying to set up, helped out the armed forces as well, especially in the occasions of the recent "Cultist" invasions and nomad breaches in Bretonia and its vicinity.
I'm not asking for much, really. I'm willing to make a compromise, like pay a fee and sign a commitment to keep my guns to myself, unless Bretonia requires assistance, be it against unlawfuls or alien invasions like recently.
Believe me, I am a man of my word, a born and raised bretonian, and I have near nothing on my mind more, than to keep my home safe.
So, please, tell me if we can find a compromise, so I can keep my precious ship and help out Bretonia where I can.
I'll be looking forward to aswift response. Until then, I will limit myself to the core systems of Bretonia, but still help the armed forces out with it when I can.

Cordially yours,

B. - Bonfire
[Image: cqoK5DR.png]

Message Class: Private
Encryption: Low
Priority: Low
To: B. Bonfire

Mister Bonfire.

To the first issue of address I will state on replying to is No, we have not been contacted by the HMS-Gaia over your 'stolen' vessel, therefore I cannot judge upon that action. However, I will admit a state of surprise in which you decided to contact us. Several incidents in the past of the similar nature, pilots simply didn't bother to contact us, so you have a moment of approval for that.

Onto just cause, I see no reason to not continue your current operations of your craft, however, you will be expected to file a end of month report of the actions you have done in service to the Bretonian Crown for the next three months. If you show meaningful prospects we will write up the paperwork for full ownership, with one or two exceptions.

That is all.

Evyn 'Thorn' Wildcat
Admiral
Bretonian Armed Forces

Subject: Catching up

Really? No fine, no fee? Just a little storybook to show how I did?
Color me impressed, I didn't expect such generous treatment, considering most of the armed forces told me I was a mere thief.
So, given the month just started, I can give you a short summary of what happened so far, since I purchased this beauty. It's not been much, really. To be honest, it was just two larger incidents and a few unorganized weapon platforms in Bretonia space.
Those larger incidents, however... were quite something. A nomad invasion, as well as two incidents of these weird "cultists", suddenly appearing in housespace. If I had known you want a storybook, I'd have taken some pretty picture of the beautiful explosions that happened, but for now a simple write-up will have to suffice.
After that, not much hapened. It was before the second cultist appearance, that the HMS-Gaia demanded me to contact you, about my ship. And since then I kind of took things easy for a bit. Didn't want to contact you hotheadedly.
That's about it, however. I will be sure to remember taking pretty pictures for you next time. Until then...

Cordially yours,

B. - Bonfire

Message Class: Private
Encryption: Low
Priority: Low
To: B. Bonfire

Mister Bonfire.

Do not think that this was simply a smile and carry on sort of act. If the Crown was not in a fight for its very existence with the Royalist scum of Gallia, I would've signed a warrant for arrest instead of responding in kind. For your luck that is not the case. Money is one thing I have no need considering Bretonia's proud manufacturing and corporate prowess is second to none in the entirety of Sirius. So your fee is simply this. Your Loyalty and your Word. Should you break either, a broken back would be the least of your worries in dealing with me.

Your reports from this point forward will be in full detail to the degree we keep pilots within the Armed Forces. Should I find such to be lackluster, expect tasks from me to make up for sloppiness.

That is all.

Evyn 'Thorn' Wildcat
Admiral
Bretonian Armed Forces

Subject: A more than late follow-up

Dear Admiral Evyn Wildcat,

at your disadvantage, I have returned. Sorry for not responding for the last year or so.
Some minor inconveniences occured, like the near entire explosive deconstruction of my ship - did look beautiful though - as well as a coma.
All in all, nothing too serious, you know?
But all in all, I'm back soon. Just gotta deal with rehab still, but soon gallic things or squids or cultists or whatever-the-hell comes at Bretonia will vanish in beautiful explosions.
I sincerely hope you don't think lack of responses because of a coma are considered "sloppiness", otherwise you're stricter than my mistress, and I can tell you she's veeeeery strict.

Either way, expect pretty pictures of fireballs and flames son.

Cordially yours,

B. - Bonfire
Subject: A sooner-than-expected followup

Lookit that, Admiral Wildcat. You know what that looks like?[Image: mAqYojJ.png]
An oopsie-daisy lie led to a safer Bretonia. And also a beautiful explosion.
I know, I know, I promised to go to rehab first, but I just couldn't wait so long, you know? I had to get in my ship and blow the foe.
And good thing that I did. After stocking up I met up with Lieutenant Lizzy Wednesday, a special gal, I like her attitude, and thought we were gonna hit up that battleship the Council disabled from the Gauls. I was interested like hell, don't get me wrong, but as we were on our way, a pal o' mine, he set up shop in Cambridge a long time ago, told me he'd seen somethin' weird in Cambridge and asked me to check it out, so we pass there first. And who'd have thunked it, there's big alien robots there, or whatever they were.
They said they were from Rheinland at first, weren't very talkative, but then they went on about "deconstructing" the trade lanes and the gate. Since there was a Cruiser and a few fighters, we had to wait for backup, the lanes didn't suffer that much, I think. So we wait for the rest before we tear them to shreds. I didn't get the last hit on any of 'em, but I got to see this pretty explosion I attached!

So yeah, I couldn't catch any more pictures of pretty explosions, but I got some other guncam shots that might be useful or interesting. Sadly not of all of them, as they blasted me soon after the Cruiser exploded - which, again, was a BEAUTIFUL explosion. I loved the green color. It's kind of... exotic, y'know?
Anyway, I got the crucial shots of the thing blowing up, the network ID it used, as well as it trying to dismantle the lane.
Here's the rest of the shots: The robots shooting the trade lane and the network ID they all used.

Hope that's good enough for ya. I'm gonna see if I can get Ms. Wednesday on a date anytime soon, hehe.

Cordially yours,

B. - Bonfire

Message Class: Textual
Encryption: High
To: B Bonfire

[[Image: oMC9a64.jpg]
Mister Bonfire
Admiral Wildcat is no longer available for communications, as such I have assumed her role in these messages. I would like to ask first and foremost, who are you? and what is it that you want? Rest assured I have read the previous messages and I still have no idea as to what your motivations are. If I think you are trustworthy enough, and mentally stable enough, I may consider letting you continue your activities, but I require answers first.

Edmund J.R Steiner
Commodore
Bretonian Armed Forces

Open
Subject: Making new Friends

Cheers Commodore Steiner, pleasure to meet ya,

sad thing the Admiral's not up for talks no more. Started to like her, but oh well.
I'm not one to ponder much about who I am, but more what I want. But the name's Bernhard, or as friends call me "Burns", and I love to see explosions.
My psychologist says it's "controlled pyromania" which - according to him - is no unpredictable hazard, but I just like the burst of color and the wavering patterns of the flames that spread out of the husks of enemies' ships.
Which brings us exactly to what I want, which is blowing up foes and basking myself in the glory of the gorgeous flames.
I mean, I've helped out my beautiful home many times already, and I'm more than willing to continue, y'know? You'd just have to let me do so.
Hope that suffices. If not, I'd be more than willing to shoot you some more fuel - as in info, not flammables.

Oh, and by the way, I usually don't share my name, as I don't like it. So I'd be grateful to be called "Bonfire" or "B". That'd be nice.

Cordially yours,

B. - Bonfire

Message Class: Textual
Encryption: High
To: B Bonfire

[[Image: oMC9a64.jpg]
Mister Bonfire
I don't want to know why Wildcat decided to employ a pyromaniac, but I'm not prepared to question it. Although I will not lie, it sounds like you'd be better use to the Privateers or intelligence services. Still, if this is what you choose, I have little issue in letting you continue on two conditions.
1) You will report to Cambridge ever two months for a regular psychiatric evaluation
2) You keep your love of fire out of Bretonia. Shoot the enemy, not your friends, or I will crucify you alive.

If these two conditions are not met then we are going to have some issues. Unless you can actually prove that you are of sound mental state, in which case, i'm all ears.

Edmund J.R Steiner
Commodore
Bretonian Armed Forces

Open
Subject: Rude

Now now, Commodore.

Don't you worry, I know your reasoning, but I can't help but feel a bit hurt in my feeling region.
I am "of sound mental state". Don't be prejudiced just because of my love for the beauty of flame. I'm sure everyone has their kinks and quirks and I doubt everyone get's scrutinized because of 'em. But I digress, sure I'll stop by Cambridge. It's not like I don't already, twice a month.
About the second point, remember how I said I'm a controlled "pyromaniac". It means I can keep my urges to myself if need be.
I'm not dumb. I love my home, I love Bretonia. Why the hell should I be shootin' up my bretheren? That's not even manic, that's just dumb.
I abide to your conditions, on one other condition. Keep the "Mister" to yourself. I'm Bonfire, simple as that.
One of the reasons why I wanna stay out of official affairs. I absolutely hate all this serious talk and unnecessary pragmatism.
Hope we're good now.

Cordially - but still slightly insultedly - yours,

B. - Bonfire
Pages: 1 2